Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Don't expect too much

Impostor

Featured Posts

If Gaga hasn't learned that cramping too many songs in one performance ala Bowie Tribute can kill it
, there's no hope. But she's far too smart.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
1 hour ago, Killa said:

If Gaga hasn't learned that cramping too many songs in one performance ala Bowie Tribute can kill it
, there's no hope. But she's far too smart.

Thats what i said even used same example

playing 20 seconds of each song totally kills it plus no song in its own shines

MonsterPaws
5 hours ago, SpookyKid said:

Don't expect anything, that way you only set yourself for dissapointment

Just wait and watch what she has to give

This. Lower your expectations guys. I know Gaga can deliver, but after the Joanne visuals I'm not going to risk anything :poot: </3

sipthistea

I think this will have some visuals, but Gaga already said she wants to make this about the music. So it's going to be more about the performance itself, so you little visualsters can feel worried. 

6 hours ago, SpookyKid said:

Don't expect anything, that way you only set yourself for dissapointment

Just wait and watch what she has to give

This is literally my mindset towards anything Gaga-related after ARTPOP and it has spared me a lot of meltdowns :classy:

Reality

Who's expecting her to play every hit? Of course she's going to cut some songs out, I thought that was a given. She also has to promote Joanne, so that takes up 1-2 song spots, so I'm definitely not expecting a catalogue of her greatist hits. No one should. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Edge Of Venus

This thread makes sense since Madonna has like 30 hits so it's impossible for her to include all of them. Like A Prayer, Vogue and Music are some of her biggest hits. Of course she didn't sing Like A Virgin on SB for obvious reasons. Beyonce basically did all her classics (Single Ladies, Halo, Crazy In Love). No shade to Gaga but she just doesn't have these many classics (her career is shorter) for us to worry about if she has enough time to cover them all.

Just Dance + Poker Face

Born This Way

John Wayne (30 second transition)

A-YO 

Bad Romance (w/some rock guest) + guest performance

Applause (30 second transition)

Edge Of Glory

And we're all set.

fede ARTPOP

Just imagine a stage full of screeens which change when she walks/dance on a large catwalk just doing her hits chorus, :giveup: I dont need full songs, just her greatest and iconic songs. :giveup:

Poker Face / Paparazzi / Bad Romance / Alejandro / Born This Way / Marry The Night / TEOG/ Applause / Joanne .... :giveup:

now·taw·ree·uhs  bee·uhng

fede ARTPOP
3 hours ago, Edge Of Venus said:

This thread makes sense since Madonna has like 30 hits so it's impossible for her to include all of them. Like A Prayer, Vogue and Music are some of her biggest hits. Of course she didn't sing Like A Virgin on SB for obvious reasons. Beyonce basically did all her classics (Single Ladies, Halo, Crazy In Love). No shade to Gaga but she just doesn't have these many classics (her career is shorter) for us to worry about if she has enough time to cover them all.

Just Dance + Poker Face

Born This Way

John Wayne (30 second transition)

A-YO 

Bad Romance (w/some rock guest) + guest performance

Applause (30 second transition)

Edge Of Glory

And we're all set.

I will die if she dont slay the Alejandro hook and chorus.:giveup: Oh and Marry The Night church bells. :giveup::giveup:

now·taw·ree·uhs  bee·uhng

Red Velvet
20 hours ago, Impostor said:

If you are too hyped for Gaga's Super Bowl and you think she is going to make a whole presentation of her biggest hits, you should not be expecting that much. I'm not saying she won't deliver, but looking at the setlists of Madonna and Beyoncé I realized they haven't played many iconic songs.

Madonna only played three main songs: Vogue, Music and Like a Prayer. The rest were tiny little snippets of Open Your Heart and Express Yourself, along with the irrelevant Give Me All Your Luvin'. Then I ask you... Where are the other Madonna songs that we love? Like A Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Ray of Light, Hollywood, Sorry?

Beyoncé chose to perform Crazy in Love, Baby Boy, Single Ladies and Halo, along with a Destiny's Child medley which was more satisfying. She also played irrelevant songs such as Run the World, Love on Top and End of Time. Where were Naughty Girl, Deja Vu, Irreplaceable, If I Were a Boy?

I'm not saying Gaga will follow the same pattern, but I'm not expecting her to play every hit. She might cut one or two major hits. Expect the worst.

Edit: This is not an attack on Madonna or Beyoncé. My intention is to show that Gaga probably won't play every hit.

*facepalms*  Of course, she will play a Joanne song. Bad Romance, Poker Face, Just Dance cannot be cutted. Of course there is possibility if she didn't performed either BTW, Paparazzi or Applause. 

I'm like some kind of supernova

Archived