Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Its amazing that Gaga is/was able to hide her PTSD symptoms

Katie14

Featured Posts

think the world is so messed up the people who are not living in a solid fake personality find it difficult but nature is healing. Personally I really struggle. Just want to go and live in nature but it is winter and I don't want to be alone. being in the city is traumatic tho. it is like i got smashed in the head a few years ago by this bouncer and had a real bad headache for ages. saw him a while ago and the pain came right back and I was in a real state. it is like people or an environment can cause even physical pain that is associated with it  or just feelings and emotions like anxiety. it can work the other way as well like if you have a happy place like a good home and garden then that can really keep you well. all good things you can do like dressing up so you look good this helps make feel good or food and anything else whilst eliminating bad infuence.. exposure to triggers can overwhelm or just drag you down slowly even if you are strong  thats the thing and the triggers are all over the place like for me going in a car is already a problem I start feeling bad or even hearing them. it takes a lot of strength to keep on moving ahead but presumably it is quite easy once you start getting on top of things and then you can soar as you managed to cope with so much negtive attack and once it is reduced or eliminated and there is so much good things around it is easy in comparison. One of things I am trying to get away from is wifi and phone masts this is real aggravating if you are sensitive to it causes sleep problems and all sorts and without good sleep you are already in a losing battle.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's so strong:wub:

but it I disagree that you think we don't know her. She's VERY open about her life and always tells us what's up. :kara:

Katie14
1 minute ago, Lava said:

She's so strong:wub:

but it I disagree that you think we don't know her. She's VERY open about her life and always tells us what's up. :kara:

She is definitely open about some things but before this era, she was never really very open about how she was feeling in the moment. She would talk about how she used to be depressed and then a few months or years later she would talk about how she was going through something during that time when she said she was fine. This happened over and over again. But during this era she admitted that she is still struggling at the moment. 

16 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Plus there is such a thing as being mentally ill while also being "highly functional" in society. It's one of the most dangerous things in mental illness because your body literally becomes just a functioning, robotic shell of itself while your mind is shattered into pieces. The fact that she danced full-on choreography and dance routines on a BROKEN HIP for several months is a testament to her mind and body being out of sync.

You hit the nail, right on the head! :giveup:

19 hours ago, alp0707 said:

Remember during ARTPOP she was so overwhelmed by the crowd in front of her hotel and she jumped to street and nearly  crushed by a bus

and we have this interview

and this 

this is the interview i was going to post, i'm so glad someone did. i recognized a lot was going on with her for years, but this disassociation is what i think really brought it into the spotlight.

SilkSpectre0
6 hours ago, Katie14 said:

Can you give some specific examples?

I can't describe a feeling so well, it's just sort of being able to recognise the hurt of trauma in someone's life I guess? Her behavior displayed it too a bit, particularly as a survivor of sexual assault. She took it out on her body like a lot of us do and developed compulsions with starving herself but then that was causing her to be too weak for the shows (remember during TFM when she was really thin and passing out sometimes) so she switched to another numbing vice with alcohol and drugs. People with trauma particularly have issued with addiction because the trauma can affect the pleasure and reward centres in your brain. I didn't know for sure she had PTSD like me but her patern was kind of a mirror of mine. 

I knowaddiction can be present in a lot of anxiety and depression but that behaviour alongside the little hints in her lyrics, kinda always felt (and hoped I was wrong because I didn't want her to have been through that) that she was a sufferer of sexual trauma. She kind of kept dropping more hints as the years went on. It got picked up media wise when she said on Howard Stern she was raped but she had already said in 2013 that her early sexual experience were "terrifying". 

Katie14
30 minutes ago, SilkSpectre0 said:

I can't describe a feeling so well, it's just sort of being able to recognise the hurt of trauma in someone's life I guess? Her behavior displayed it too a bit, particularly as a survivor of sexual assault. She took it out on her body like a lot of us do and developed compulsions with starving herself but then that was causing her to be too weak for the shows (remember during TFM when she was really thin and passing out sometimes) so she switched to another numbing vice with alcohol and drugs. People with trauma particularly have issued with addiction because the trauma can affect the pleasure and reward centres in your brain. I didn't know for sure she had PTSD like me but her patern was kind of a mirror of mine. 

I knowaddiction can be present in a lot of anxiety and depression but that behaviour alongside the little hints in her lyrics, kinda always felt (and hoped I was wrong because I didn't want her to have been through that) that she was a sufferer of sexual trauma. She kind of kept dropping more hints as the years went on. It got picked up media wise when she said on Howard Stern she was raped but she had already said in 2013 that her early sexual experience were "terrifying". 

You are definitely right that there were a lot of clues that she was struggling mentally and probably all her fans knew that she was. What I meant is that she is able to act completely normal in public ( meeting fans, interviews, performances). We never saw her with glazed over eyes in a dissociative state or paniking, for example

gagzus

I think she's definitely had flashbacks to all her trauma's onstage especially during swine and when she used to sing Hair and Princess Die, idk her emotions and stuff make it obvious I find.

SilkSpectre0
15 hours ago, Katie14 said:

.You are definitely right that there were a lot of clues that she was struggling mentally and probably all her fans knew that she was. What I meant is that she is able to act completely normal in public ( meeting fans, interviews, performances). We never saw her with glazed over eyes in a dissociative state or paniking, for example

Well yes there's millions of us that still have to get by every day. That's why there is such self destructive behaviour because you are having to keep up a facade every day....our godies and minds are made to survive. We never saw Gaga 24/7 so we don't know what happened behind the scenes 

its important to remember that although w e suffer from PTSD ever day that doesn't mean we dissociate everyday. For example I have had no choice but to work full time from a very young age. Outwardly I present as very professional and together. No one would ever guess that I'm extremely vulnerable because I have no choice but to hide that to get by.

Archived