💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

The DWUW Video would have destroyed Gaga's career....but why?

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, SKANK said:

The accusations being made against Terry Richardson (the director) were coming to an apex. Models were coming forward about their abusive experiences with him.

This wasn't news to anyone who knew who Terry Richardson was. Gaga knew when she hired him that he took advantage of young women in the exact same way she was taken advantage of as a young women in the music industry. She turned a blind eye to his behavior, raised his public profile, and padded his pockets with money.

So why does everyone come here defending her, when she already knew what she was putting herself up to? This just proves how hypocritical Gaga can be smh

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, her fourth no.1 that would have also launched her as a streaming power would totally destroy her career. :giggle:

BR, Alejandro and Telephone are far more controversial in every single way than DWUW.

it wasn't laaaahv

VOLANTIS

There's a difference in the General Public's mind about Religious blasphemy and Rape.

I don't believe DWUW is a rape ad at all but the General Public will. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

SEANGT

I mean, the allegations against R Kelly AND terry richardson (who produced/shot it) are heinous. Not to mention R Kelly is basically touching her while she's unconscious on that table in the video. It may have been a commentary on them both, but honestly it would not have come across as anything but problematic to most. From what has leaked, it was tacky and not well done in terms of messaging. If she released that video, she would probably have to offer a lengthy explanation or apologize. 

prince

I just think from what we've seen it's a bit gross (understatement of the century). I still don't understand why she befriended an alleged rapist and then got him to film her music video which entails Gaga being operated on and groped by another alleged rapist and then after all of that she speaks about rape and releases Til It Happens To You. It really doesn't show her in the best light.

Gaga really hasn't had that many controversial videos, if she released DWUW she would have been bombarded with hate. She constantly talks about rape and her struggle with it yet she lets one alleged rapist film her video and the other star in it whilst she sings "do what you want with my body". I'd love to hear her reasoning for it all 

16 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

It's not like Gaga hasn't ever released a controversial video. Judas and Alejandro say hello, especially Alejandro, which was released when was Gags was still a pretty new artist.

I've always thought she didn't release the video because of R. Kelly and not because of the video itself....:oprah:

Judas and Alejandro were not only controversial, they are also very creative and artful. DWYW video was so try hard and trashy, no thanks :nails: It looked so attention seeking and was not clever packed up.

MJHolland

People forget Gaga used to be controversial and entertaining instead of agreeable and boring :/ 

17 hours ago, Azelf550 said:

People already call it hypocritical because she worked with R. Kelly in the first place :shrug:

This. You get it.

MJHolland
33 minutes ago, INTERNET said:

Judas and Alejandro were not only controversial, they are also very creative and artful. DWYW video was so try hard and trashy, no thanks :nails: It looked so attention seeking and was not clever packed up.

Compared to what? PI and MR? The DWUW video looked like a MASTERPIECE. 

You never even saw the final cut, save your judgements for other garbage videos that have been put out recently. 

Himeros26

The Little Dramatics are just being extra. They thought that C2C onward was "trying to RESTORE HER IMAGE" when in all actuality C2C was planned from the getgo and it showcased her voice, opening her up to those tributes. It isn't rocket science.

I still wanna watch DWUW :(

Beni0424

It would have been scandalous for sure but after the Meat Dress and some previous music videos It wouldn't destroy her career...

PanPikus

I was thinking about it. If she personally, or her team didn't want to relase THAT video, because of reasons... why she didn't make a second one and relase it? I'm more than sure that if she did that, DWUW would be so ****in' popular and ARTPOP era could be bigger succes. But she didn't do that and it was the time of ARTPOP death I guess. Video for DWUW could save it.
:giveup::giveup::giveup:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

U are all delusional

The song would have SMASHED HARD all around the world.

Many many MANY people have no idea of terrys and r.kellys past. And even if they did.

She was fuking naked. She eas beautiful in the video. No crazy outfits - for her standarts she looked normal hot and fckable.

And after it smashed she could have released swine + Mv. I will never forgive her that she didnt relesse this song

VforVendetta
20 hours ago, GagaFace said:

But she killed her prime with Applause so i dont think so :madge:

People claiming that Applause damaged Gaga back then arw clueless of the true situation. Applause carried Gaga and the era on its back back then. Yhe media were draging Gaga to depths from the beginning of the Era, the GP wasn't here for her after BTW, Katy Perry tried to overshadow the song by changing the release date to fall with AP and awful comparisons wiyh Roar were made every day + the song leaked and radios refused to spin Gaga. Still Applause refused to die and managed to become one of her singles with the biggest longevity.

Gaga's team payed up the song with no promo WW outside from Japan and bad decisions. if Gaga had performed AP on YOUTUBE awards instead of Dope then the song would have become her 4th #1 in the US.

Archived