Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

What does Bruno Mars have that Gaga doesn't?

retrosexual123

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

she wanted PI to be a hit, she was counting every place it was being #1 on itunes...

the same for A-YO she wanted it to be the next UF (and of course she meant in a successful way)

if she doens't care for hits she wouldn't change her singles for the ones who are making better in charts, you don't need to be so smart to notice that...

She wanted it to be a hit but didn't really try to make it hit. The lack of promo for it and the piss poor video say otherwise. 

A Yo should've stayed as the second single. She actually did try to push MR but willingly  sabotaged herself with the video. Not saying the video would make a song a hit (although that's what made BR a hit) but she didn't do herself any favors with that video. 

What I meant is, she could call Dr. Luke, Drake, Adele and Nicki Minaj and make an album of that if she wanted to chase hits. She could've even had Mark re-make UF. She'd rather be stubborn and phone it in half way. That's the difference between her and Brüno. They both know what hit songs sound like and he goes for it. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Lady Gaga has always made music she believes in, and I want her to continue doing that. When she was a new artist, that music happened to be exactly the kind of music the public wanted. Now the public has changed, and Lady Gaga has changed, but they have gone in different directions. What is she going to do, make music she doesn't want to make? Let other artists make the music the GP wants right now, and let Lady Gaga do what she does best.

At the moment I think the GP is set against the very thing which is Lady Gaga's strength as a songwriter: Catchy hooks/melodies that makes you want to sing along. Just like ABBA and Max Martin (I don't think it's coincidence that ABBA and Max Martin-produced pop is my favorite pop besides Lady Gaga). Even though her sound has changed on Joanne, I think she's still the same old Lady Gaga in this sense. At the moment, I think the GP wants music that is chill, but doesn't necessarily have the kind of catchy melodies you want to sing along to, and that's just not Lady Gaga's thing. I'm happy it isn't. I need catchy melodies.

River
Just now, E24187 said:

And streaming and sales

streaming is rising, not enough but still showing a good path..

Sales are totally fine.. not Adele level of sales but no one can do it without Adele's name on the album..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

22 minutes ago, River said:

streaming is rising, not enough but still showing a good path..

Sales are totally fine.. not Adele level of sales but no one can do it without Adele's name on the album..

I think if she did better with videos, that would help with streaming. 

You're right, sales aren't terrible. Bruno and Abel have outsold her in shorter time but they also have a hit song and a viral video for the song. Bruno will probably hit 500M views this month. 

Two singles in the album just going gold in the US I suppose is fair when both singles underperformed. 

Katsuki Bakugo

I'm gonna say... the teeny bopping fans. Little medonsters are too serious.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

fede ARTPOP

WTF? Bruno Mars is chessy, his music is cheap, and his performances...:green:

Gaga is so much talented, her music is iconic, her stage presence and charisma is everything. Im glad she is like she is. :flutter:

now·taw·ree·uhs  bee·uhng

PopThatArt
2 hours ago, retrosexual123 said:

Sometimes guys, I wish she was like Bruno Mars making fun, good quality music with fun amazing videos and at the same time, killing it with the hits and GP...

Love Joanne, but it is really sad we are not getting any hits from it... 

I was hoping for A-YO but... at this pace... with what I think the video will look like (hint apple commercial) ... I don't think so... but who knows?!

Plus Gaga is just plain weird these days... she has been in hiding since New Year's... Ok, stay at home no photos whatever but at least put stuff on social media to show that oyu care about us still... Before you come at me, I know I know she has a  life... but wasn't this album about showing that she is just like us, normal? Then why the separation again...?  Why cut us out?

Bruno seems to have all these cool people around him, this mates that dance with him and sing and I think they hang out together too!

Before you all come at me, I am aware they are different people, I just want to compare contemporaries... 

Another ugh thread. I stopped reading after that first mundane sentence. BYE FELICIA. People need to keep dumb opinions like this to themselves. Sashay away honey. 

Go see A Star is Born

NewUsername
2 hours ago, retrosexual123 said:

Sometimes guys, I wish she was like Bruno Mars making fun, good quality music with fun amazing videos and at the same time, killing it with the hits and GP...

Love Joanne, but it is really sad we are not getting any hits from it... 

I was hoping for A-YO but... at this pace... with what I think the video will look like (hint apple commercial) ... I don't think so... but who knows?!

Plus Gaga is just plain weird these days... she has been in hiding since New Year's... Ok, stay at home no photos whatever but at least put stuff on social media to show that oyu care about us still... Before you come at me, I know I know she has a  life... but wasn't this album about showing that she is just like us, normal? Then why the separation again...?  Why cut us out?

Bruno seems to have all these cool people around him, this mates that dance with him and sing and I think they hang out together too!

Before you all come at me, I am aware they are different people, I just want to compare contemporaries... 

It's the 4th of January today...

Archived