Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

Gaga's idea of simplicity through the years

Panchecco

Featured Posts

Panchecco

I remember that the first time I thought Gaga was being "simple" was when she released TEOG video... it was so "raw" in comparison to her previous works and I remember not liking it at first (but it was also because we were teased about a completely different video that was never released:madge:) but now looking back at that video and the BTW Era in general I can honestly say that it had the most amazing music videos with interesting visuals and a beautiful colors palette for each video... and the blue/purple & pink aesthetic of TEOG video is just so iconic (and a lot of artist started and are still using it for their videos :reductive:

giphy.gif

Now Gaga has completely changed and her idea of simplicity is very different from what it was back then... for example the Joanne cover, the Perfect Illusion music video or her general look (make up + clothes)

giphy.gif

Spoiler

let's not talk about the MR music video because that was just tragic...

y0win2K.jpg

Do you think the Gaga from 2011 would consider what the Gaga of 2016 did just tired and effortless (only in terms of looks and visuals)? I remember her even saying that she was afraid to wear flats in public because her fans would have died if they saw her (looking at her now like:sure:). Also... should we consider her current idea of simplicity as "more close to her true self" (?) or is this "call me joanne// father's daughter, sister's sister" thing just a phase she's going through at the moment? 

Do you remember when was the first time you thought that Gaga was being "simple" or laid back?

15841113_1331928116851533_1301285650_n.j

Spoiler

I'm a Joanne stan don't get me wrong but I'm just trying to understand Gaga as a person/artist :huh:

calmar

Simple at the Superbowl:

*Gaga comes on wearing a jeans and a t-shirt, no instruments or other people are on the stage*

"Hi, Houston. I'm Lady Gaga. The truth is, I'm tired of the spectacle. It's... dishonest. So today, I'm hoping I can sit and have a little chat with all of my fans." 

*sits down criss-cross applesauce on the field* 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Irrelevant
9 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

(and a lot of artist started and are still using it for their videos :reductive:

Side 2 Side, feels reductive :reductive:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

7 minutes ago, calmar said:

Simple at the Superbowl:

*Gaga comes on wearing a jeans and t-shirts, no instruments or other people are on the stage"

"Hi, Houston. I'm Lady Gaga. The truth is, I'm tired of the spectacle. It's... dishonest. So today, I'm hoping I can sit and have a little chat with all of my fans." 

NOOOOOO

that is my nightmare

i would literally destroy my computer

Irrelevant
3 minutes ago, calmar said:

Simple at the Superbowl:

*Gaga comes on wearing a jeans and t-shirts, no instruments or other people are on the stage"

Whole crowd goes silent for a while

Gaga: gets up and leaves

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Irrelevant
Just now, Nono said:

Work? :reductive:

Applause leg scene?:reductive:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

The Fame Joanne

She probably doesn't see the PI video as simple. Her "simple" these days is MR video 

Loyalty
4 minutes ago, calmar said:

Simple at the Superbowl:

I would actually Cry :neyde:

PunkTheFunk
5 minutes ago, calmar said:

Simple at the Superbowl:

raw

The Fame Joanne
5 minutes ago, calmar said:

Simple at the Superbowl:

"Hi, Houston. I'm Lady Gaga. But tonight, I want you to call me Joanne. The truth is, I'm tired of the spectacle. It's... dishonest. So today, I'm hoping I can sit and have a little chat with all of my fans." 

Fixed :) 

Irrelevant
4 minutes ago, Shoop said:

I would actually Cry :neyde:

I would unstan her

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

The Surrealist

Her style got really simple over the time. And I would actually love it if it wasn't boring at the same time. You can wear simple styles (shirts and jeans) and still be creative - looking back to July of 2015.

Her addiction to certain things got really worrisome and tiring, so I won't comment on that anymore.

Her musical style changed from "popgirlish" to being on-par with Bowie, Beck and some of her inspirations. I actually applaud her for this. :applause: 

HOTNebraskaGuy

Why have we switched what our views of simple are with what her views of simple are? :excuseu:

Spoiler

PS this I hate Million Reasons video thing was funny for the first few days but y'all are gonna have to get over it eventually. Just be happy it wasn't her just playing a guitar on a stool, better yet, a video without her even in it

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Panchecco
24 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Fixed :) 

you did it as a joke but I think she might actually say something like that... maybe as her opening

tumblr_ll5f24dw8i1qzwburo1_500_147983452 

but tonight

15780710_956051821192680_215730182979331

Archived