Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

The 8th Track on Each Album

RabbitHeart

Featured Posts

RabbitHeart

I've had this question on my mind for a while and just now decided to do some research/asking around. I very well could have made this entire memory up because I have no proof it even exists but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the eighth song on each of Gaga's albums would be different from the rest of them somehow. I read this somewhere back when she'd just started getting popular. It was when I first bought The Fame, pre-Bad Romance. It was some sort of interview. I remember being a little confused because Money Honey (track 8 on The Fame) wasn't that different from the rest of the album. But since then,

track 8 on The Fame Monster = Teeth

track 8 on Born This Way = Bloody Mary

track 8 on ARTPOP = ARTPOP

track 8 on Joanne = Sinner's Prayer

it kinda fits, in a way. at least I personally think all the above songs differ from the rest of their perspective albums.

so my question is.......did i make this up somehow? is my memory deceiving me? am i right? does gaga really like the number 8?

:oprah::oprah::oprah:

The Surrealist

The only track that's really different is Teeth.

But they do have one thing in common, she paid dust to all of them.

Goddess Of Love

the fact that ARTPOP's 2nd track (Venus) and Joannes 2nd track (AYO) were supposed to be singles, but got traded into track #7 (DWUW and Million Reasons) irritates me more

HOTNebraskaGuy

It's almost like each #8 describes the album's mood the best in my opinion. Like it's sort of the most extreme aura that is found in the album in general. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

DAVID VOGUER
23 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

It's almost like each #8 describes the album's mood the best in my opinion. Like it's sort of the most extreme aura that is found in the album in general. 

this

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

Infinity Wave
27 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

Yeah actually this tbh

Colourful

VOLANTIS

I'm SHOOK tbh 

Guys since TF had many versions of the tracklist perhaps one of them has a different song?? Investigate? :stalkga:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Irrelevant

the last top ten song peaked at number 8 :ladyhaha:

Spoiler

And it will stay the last one:stalkga:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Here goes my last hope of getting a vid for Sinner's Prayer :cryga:

We cannot forget that Money Honey wasn't supposed to be part of The Fame, it was made for someone else but she ended up saving the song. She also kinda hinted she "dislike" it with the popjustice interview in 2011 (it was asked if she would remove any song from any album if she wanted and she said Money Honey from TF, and nothing on TFM cuz she think that it's perfect the way it is but was annoyed with telephone)

Edit: wasn't 8 one of the numbers on that red lipstick mess? LMAAAAAO

Pretty sure it was 6\8 ??

RabbitHeart
11 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

I'm SHOOK tbh 

Guys since TF had many versions of the tracklist perhaps one of them has a different song?? Investigate? :stalkga:

I've looked this up a lot and the only version of the tracklist that has a different eighth song is the UK/Irish/Japanese edition (according to wikipedia) which has Beautiful, Dirty, Rich as the eighth song.

My personal theory is that Again, Again was supposed to be track 8 but Interscope switched it with Money Honey...but that's a reach lol

GGDisbetter
11 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

I'm SHOOK tbh 

Track 8 = Beautiful Dirty Rich (On UK/Japan version)

VOLANTIS
4 hours ago, RabbitHeart said:

I've looked this up a lot and the only version of the tracklist that has a different eighth song is the UK/Irish/Japanese edition (according to wikipedia) which has Beautiful, Dirty, Rich as the eighth song.

My personal theory is that Again, Again was supposed to be track 8 but Interscope switched it with Money Honey...but that's a reach lol

Again Again >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jewels and Drugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Money Honey :stalkga:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

I thought she said that track 8 on any album would never be a single. She definitely did say something about the eighth tracks in some interview at some point.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived