opinion

Perfect Illusion Conspiracy

GagaXCupcakke

Featured Posts

GagaXCupcakke

Perfect Illusion was released as the lead single of Gaga's 5th album, Joanne, on September 9th.  The single was extremely hyped by fans but after it was released it got a lot of mixed reviews.  Personally I thought it was a good lead single but then weird stuff started to happened.  

1.Gaga didn't do any major promo performances for the song while it was the single.

2.Perfect Illusion sounded totally different from the rest of the album. 

Conspiracy:  I think Gaga was forced to release Perfect Illusion as the lead single! 

Not forced by Interscope but by the main producer of the song, Kevin Parker. 

Gaga was really proud of Perfect Illusion and I think she wanted it on the album as an album track and not the lead single, maybe just as a song she really wanted to perform at the super bowl.

Kevin Parker is not just a producer, he is a business man.  I think he saw how much Gaga wanted the song on the album and told her she could only use it if she made it the lead single.  This is actually common practice for producers, like Dr. Luke. 

Gaga and him are friendly towards each other, but definitely not friends.  She wouldn't have been able to work with him without the help of Mark Ronson.  This was mostly a business interaction.

So Gaga proudly released Perfect Illusion as the lead single but saved her major promo for Joanne because the song doesn't really reflect Joanne.

Kevin Parker was probably in the music video because he was proud of the song too.  I don't think Gaga has hard feelings towards him because she likes the song and understands how the music industry works. 

But hey that's just a theory. A Joanne theory!:hor:

The Child

Gaga would have told him to **** off lmao.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

ryanripley

so you're telling me after the whole mess that is ARTPOP, gaga allowed someone to walk all over her like that?

oprah-is-not-buying-it.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

doja scat

I don't think she would let him **** her over like that. She is much smarter than to let some guy blackmail her into releasing a song lmao give Stefani some credit 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

suchheights8

you.are.crazy. I know for a fact that Kevin Parker is probably the most chill person in the industry. He has strayed away from fame for many years. Also, when will people realize that Gaga DOES make the decision of what the lead single is. Interscrope isn't the greatest, but at the end of the day they are keeping HER happy, not the other way around. You think they wanted the budlight tour and the lack of promo for the album? No. This is all gaga, she is cleansing her image and she is doing it right. This is by far her least messy era and she seems to know EXACTLY what she wants from her career. Once again, she doesn't give a F*** about the charts, she made this album fully knowing how the reception would be. She has said time and time again she will never make make music that is popular or on the radio, this album solidifies that fact. Can we just stop with the whole Joanne backlash - all you little managers are going to be real upset when the Chaos Angel Project gets realized. Just let the woman live. 

Batwings

I just think that Interscope chose it as the first single because a) it's the most Old Gaga-ish/dance song on the album, and b) they thought they'd be able to capitalize on her breakup with Taylor because of the lyrics.

Girl Under You

:deadbanana: Gaga would've just scrapped the song instead

To me it's pretty obvious that the record was finished but her label didn't see an obvious single on the album so they just wrote and recorded PI during the summer but I'm not even sure that Gaga likes it much. She probably wanted A-YO as the lead single.

doja scat
1 minute ago, suchheights8 said:

you.are.crazy. I know for a fact that Kevin Parker is probably the most chill person in the industry. He has strayed away from fame for many years. Also, when will people realize that Gaga DOES make the decision of what the lead single is. Interscrope isn't the greatest, but at the end of the day they are keeping HER happy, not the other way around. You think they wanted the budlight tour and the lack of promo for the album? No. This is all gaga, she is cleansing her image and she is doing it right. This is by far her least messy era and she seems to know EXACTLY what she wants from her career. Once again, she doesn't give a F*** about the charts, she made this album fully knowing how the reception would be. She has said time and time again she will never make make music that is popular or on the radio, this album solidifies that fact. Can we just stop with the whole Joanne backlash - all you little managers are going to be real upset when the Chaos Angel Project gets realized. Just let the woman live. 

:tea::applause:

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

GagaTheExplorer

I think she wanted the song to be the lead single, then after she released it she saw the mixed reviews by critics and the meltdowns of alot of monsters about the song and she just moved to the next single

I know she really wanted A-Yo to be single so bad, but then she saw the love and good comercial performance of Million Reasons then they made it the 2nd single

she is really influenciable, you may say she is not, but she really is

she is always changing her singles and changing her mind

Reality

She wouldn't let him do that to her. She's been through a lot, and she has integrity and knows what she wants. She just wouldn't let him do that. And, I don't know much about Kevin Parker, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person to do that.

Plus, she cooked them dinner!

To piggyback off of the point that Perfect Illusion doesn't sound like anything else on the album, you can't use that excuse. Joanne's a very eclectic album in terms of the music's sounds, I mean, if Diamond Heart were the lead single, she would have said the same thing about it. Joanne has no specific sound, so you can't use that argument. 

🃏🖤👹

Nah. She would never let that happen. Based on her history, she would rather scrap something than go with it unwillingly.

Plus, I don't see Kevin Parker as the kind of guy who would do that :laughga: 

Do you hear that? It's poison.

LizaMontero

No, Perfect Illusion was a fine lead single. Most of us just didn't find its beauty instantly.

Gaga team wants a smooth comeback. If she wants to go back as fire, she would have been doing all the shock values she had before, but no. :)

I don't think Gaga team would release two "flop" MV's in a row without being aware of expected reaction from the audience.

Just my observation. :poot:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived