Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga collaborate more with contemporary artists?

BloodyJudas

Featured Posts

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BloodyJudas
1 minute ago, PopThatArt said:

Actually no they don't, they use payola for everything, writing checks to get accolades.

I don't think Beyonce has used payola since she hasn't had a hit since 2010. Plus wasn't it Gaga who had allegedly made a deal with radios to play "Perfect Illusion" every hour for a couple of days to help it become a thing?

monketsharona
18 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

P.S. I remember some of you laughing that neither Christina nor Britney were able to get a top 10 hit and now the same happens to Gaga. Guess some users here would foam at the mouth once Katy comes back and scores her next number one hits.

So true :tea:

BloodyJudas
2 minutes ago, Bloody Matt said:

If she doesn't want to she shouldn't...

You are right, it is up to her and as long as she is happy, I guess we will be too (or at least some of us) but unless she steps up her game and comes up with some relatable and great stuff, she can't complain that she will not collect another big hit. And for a popstar not to have had a smash hit since 2011 is a big deal ;) whether some like it or not.

JustAnotherDay

I'd be happy if she did that, as long as the collab makes sense and it isn't just a cash grab though

was NickARTPOP

BloodyJudas

What would y'all say if she featured Drake/ Justin Timberlake or Bruno on the radio remix for "John Wayne". The song is relatively short so making it a bit longer and commercial would only be beneficial ;)

Bloody Matt
3 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

You are right, it is up to her and as long as she is happy, I guess we will be too (or at least some of us) but unless she steps up her game and comes up with some relatable and great stuff, she can't complain that she will not collect another big hit. And for a popstar not to have had a smash hit since 2011 is a big deal whether some like it or not.

When has she complained about not getting a hit tho? And she can get it even without a collaboration imo.

BloodyJudas
Just now, Bloody Matt said:

When has she complained about not getting a hit tho? And she can get it even without a collaboration imo.

So why hasn't she scored a smash hit since 2011??? With "She can't complain" I meant if she stays this way and doesn't bring anything interesting to the game, she should not be surprised she doesn't slay the charts ;) Never sad she complained out loud!!!

BloodyJudas
2 minutes ago, komr said:

No thanks, I don't wanna hear lyrics like "I'm the queen of rap, old Lady Gaga  run pop" in Gaga song  :emma:

I would be here for that!!! Gaga used to have the swag and balls and now it seems as if she needs to grow a pair. Now she is afraid to do ANYTHING controversial and unorthodox.

It depends on who, but generally nah. 

It's not about her being above them, it's about her constantly trying to differentiate herself from them. Rihanna and Nicki come from different worlds, it's normal for rappers and urban artists to collaborate frequently.

I'd prefer Gaga to reach out more to more artists like Florence Welch rather than an artist like Ariana Grande. Gaga's brand is 'different', Gaga's brand is more outcast or rebellious. 

A collab with Nicki Minaj or Katy Perry doesn't help her brand, it tarnishes it. It's no shade to those artists either, again it's not about her being above them, it's just that she has built a career on being a different and non-conventional figure in pop music - collaborating with the hot acts of the moment doesn't reflect that brand.

Archived