Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Poker Face or Perfect Illusion?

Highway10

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
21 hours ago, Slade said:

Perfect Illusion, honestly. I still don't get the hate for it. It's a f***ing banger.

The typical GGD issue...it didn't impact the charts. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Craig Barnes said:

Poker Face at the time, but it has to me P.I now, such a bop

Perfect Illusion has kinda become annoying to me now lol.  I tend to skip it.  I loved it at first but now im like eh.

Poker Face. The way all the words fit in the instrumental perfectly and the meaning of playing with your sexuality like playing poker it's something Perfect Illusion lacks. 

Bolkins

It's very difficult, I love both songs, but it has to be Poker Face. PF is pretty much the OG of Gaga songs, its a very uniquely 'Gaga' sound. PF completely set her apart from everyone else. JD was good but it was a hit party song and how often do those come up and then the artists flops. PF cemented her. It might sound a bit bland these days now EDM has been rinsed to death but when it first came out it was so unlike anything else - the synths, the ma ma ma's, the cheeky lyrics it was all very new and exciting. PF also made way for the more avant garde side of her image, just imagine if PF had flopped (which it would of if the song was bad) she would be a totally different artist today, she would be forced to be normal and then nobody else would of been bothered to start being more creative and putting more effort in to their output, we owe a lot to Poker Face and its success. 

Archived