Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga Be More In Control Of Her Singles?

Slade

Featured Posts

Ferrer Zorola

diamond heart is the only song on Joanne with single material sound wise but it's lyrics say otherwise :interestinga:

LIFE IS GOOD

AlexanderMagno

Oh please, it's not about the choice of singles. It's about everything else: the changes, the messy schedules, the indecisive promo.

Gaga can't be given any more control,  she has never been more in control of her career and look  what we have. Plus, she has always defended Interscope and always said the singles' choice was of mutual consent. And, indeed, Alejandro proves Gaga has some control. Let's stop acting like Gaga can't do what she wants and Interscope is the bad guy here.

YeehawKylie
7 hours ago, Slade said:

Born This Way

Gaga's original single choices were 1. Marry the Night / 2. Born This Way / 3. Scheiße / 4. The Edge of Glory. (I may have Marry the Night and Born This Way in the wrong order.)

This has always bothered me cause this single lineup would have been so much better than reality. Sheisse would have been her Bad Romance 2.0 single and Marry the Night would have been a great lead, better than Born this Way. Had these been the single choices I may have become a Gaga fan two years earlier than I did. 

That being said, I think Interscope did make good choices for her other albums (despite not wanting to release Alejandro, which was such an obvious bop and single choice when the album came out). I think Applause was a great lead single choice for ARTPOP, even if others would have been good as well. Furthermore, I agree that DWUW is a better single than Venus. The latter wore off for me, I still like it and all, but DWUW is honestly one of her best singles. It just wasn't handled well. Not having a video really hurt it...

Tbh I didnt like PI from the word go. Last time I listened to it was during the release week. It just doesnt do it. DH or JW or DIC would have done it. 

GhettoFabulous

Don't know what's done is done 

i just feel like she needs to deliver promo wise and visual wise etc 

DH and DIC(prefably dual singles)need to be singles at some point 

but gaga being in more control of the singles I'm not too sure about it but the single lineup of BTW seemed amazing also isn't Joanne the last album of ha contract with Interscope?

16 hours ago, Chris Evans said:

PI is a banger + great single choice 

I think many just don't like it bc it wasn't a hit so they like imagining a different song as a single/ what the next singles should be 

now that streaming is a factor I think Gaga is going to have a really hard time getting a hit 

Oh, I agree with you. Perfect Illusion sounds most blatantly like a lead single when you listen to the album. I think there are songs that would have more accurately represented the sound of the album overall, but I mean, PI clearly stands out as one of the most single-worthy tracks when you play the album start to finish.

11 hours ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Don't know what's done is done 

i just feel like she needs to deliver promo wise and visual wise etc 

DH and DIC(prefably dual singles)need to be singles at some point 

but gaga being in more control of the singles I'm not too sure about it but the single lineup of BTW seemed amazing also isn't Joanne the last album of ha contract with Interscope?

I'm not sure but it very well could be the last. And, yeah, the BTW lineup was the reason I made this thread. Seeing how she would've done it makes me think it could've been even better than TFM.

Reality
22 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

I still can't fathom how Perfect Illusion was picked as the first single of Joanne, it just baffles me. DIC, JW or DH all could've performed better in my opinion.

I actually think Perfect Illusion was the perfect choice for the lead, I just think they should have promoted it more. 

It's an incredible song and had a lot of potential.

🃏🖤👹

ApplauseftAdele
22 hours ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

So does Perfect Illusion...  :hor:

yeah true, but Dancing In Circles gives a mainstream tropical vibe, With PI you at least know that Joanne will be "different." Also PI can be compared to Diamond Heart IMO

En_Sabah_Nur
1 minute ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

yeah true, but Dancing In Circles gives a mainstream tropical vibe, With PI you at least know that Joanne will be "different." Also PI can be compared to Diamond Heart IMO

I agree up until that last statement, dunnoooo about that one?!  :awkney:

Egypt. W

Only real times I questioned Interscope were with Judas (Scheiße would've been the better experimental Redone track or just have gone straight with TEOG), not letting Gaga do Venus (even if it flopped, she had plans for it) and PI as the lead (when clearly AYO, MR, and DH are better leads).

BYE

MessyTop

No. she always makes messy choices. 

Dance in the dark!!! I mean come on!!!!?

#JusticefkrDanceInTheDark

imwoahvicky

It depends really.

Sometimes Gaga has good single choices but Interscope imo has made good/better decisions

Ofc she should have freedom obviously but there should be times where Interscope takes charge and releases the single they want instead of pandering to what Gaga wants when her lead single choice is horrible :rip: 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

• 2 weeks later...
shmal96
On 11/28/2016 at 2:44 AM, JoshieS said:

I'm certain that with ARTPOP, Gaga wanted to release every single song 1 by 1 and have a video for each.

Before the album came out, as you said, Aura leaked, right?

In interviews, she always said that she intended for the album to be played from start to finish and that "she could perform this album on tour start to finish" or whatever she said.

So if Aura was MEANT to be first, she then released "Venus" as the supposed to be second single, but we all know how that went.... Then Gaga goes with G.U.Y. as the next single......which, oh? Is after Venus. 
I think if ARTPOP continued, we would have got Sexxx Dreams as the next single IMO. Then after that JnD (unpopular opinion I love JnD).... I mean, at Swine Fest they already had video of T.I for JnD, I'm sure they already had a video half done....

Also, I do NOT understand that hate for Perfect Illusion. Great lead single. Fight me.

Ugh, imagine if she was able to make music videos for each song on ARTPOP, like Marina and The Diamonds did with Electra Heart, it was like watching a story play out, that would have made ARTPOP the art it wanted to be.

PaperGypsy

yes because then i feel like she'd also be more interested in creating a fantastic music video for a song she's passionate about than one she's not

what kind of bubblegum have you been blowing lately?

Archived