Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga Be More In Control Of Her Singles?

Slade

Featured Posts

We know that Gaga and Interscope don't always see eye-to-eye when it comes to her singles, and, honestly, they're not always the best choices. When it comes to what Gaga wanted, we know a few things for sure.

The Fame Monster

Gaga wanted Alejandro as the third single, and Interscope wanted Dance in the Dark. Interscope gave in to Gaga since she was dominating the world, and Alejandro became a huge hit for her and was accompanied by one of the most watched videos of her career.

Born This Way

Gaga's original single choices were 1. Marry the Night / 2. Born This Way / 3. Scheiße / 4. The Edge of Glory. (I may have Marry the Night and Born This Way in the wrong order.)

ARTPOP

Gaga had wanted Sexxx Dreams to be the lead single at one point.

There were rumors that she was actually the person that leaked Aura since her label wouldn't let her release it as the lead.

There may be more information about what Gaga wanted, but these were the bits of info I remembered. With some of her choices taken into account, do you think Interscope should let her have control over what singles are released, or should she have even less say? Do you like her choice better or worse than the actual singles?

I personally think her choices are perfect. I think she knows her music best and honestly knows a hit when she hears it more than anyone. Obviously it should be a discussion, but I think she should have the final say in what gets released. I mean, come on, that Born This Way era would've been immaculate.

Yo GagaGaga

Gaga was right about Alejandro, but Interscope was right from then up until Perfect Illusion, it really shouldn't have been a single at all imo. Sexxx Dreams should have never been considered as a lead single

It is not proven Gaga wanted Alejandro as the third single. It's actually suggestible that Gaga wanted a song other than Alejandro (Monster, if Chew Fu's word is to be taken seriously) and her and Interscope settled on the third option of Alejandro.

Yes Gaga did leak Aura's demo as Boris.

You're also forggeting the change of BDR to Poker face, though unsure whose choice that was.

Also, Boys, Boys, Boys was ment to be a single and is rumored to have a video, but the complete and utter failure of the Fame Kills tour murdered the idea of an extended fame Era.

Robo Ga

I still can't fathom how Perfect Illusion was picked as the first single of Joanne, it just baffles me. DIC, JW or DH all could've performed better in my opinion.

🤖⚡️

xoxo cupcakke

I mean, I feel as if her label knows what it's doing, but Gaga should at least have a choice of one single that isn't the last single

Like, can you imagine a world without Born This Way being released as the first single. Born This Way was more than just a single; it had everyone slain that Gaga and her label were bold enough to create and issue this as the first single off the album. It had people talking and discussing LGBTQ+ issues and was such poignant gay anthem that was so blunt and carefree that it was a gay anthem, well actually an anthem about accepting oneself for who they truly are and claiming it as their own person

Then again, imagine a world where Marry the Night was released first. It would end up getting  Applause kind of success. The song would have no meaning, just be an amazing lead single to kick off the era. Then what of the second single? Born This Way or Judas/AKA Bad Romance ACT II? Would Born This Way have the same appeal as it did than if it were released as the lead?

20 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I still can't fathom how Perfect Illusion was picked as the first single of Joanne, it just baffles me. DIC, JW or DH all could've performed better in my opinion.

TBH, they should've gone with DiC. John Wayne would get the Perfect Illusion effect as well as Diamond Heart in that they'd flop because they're not exciting enough to be leads. Perfect Illusion had single potential, but not lead single potential. It's such a shame that the era didn't kick off as planned, but I'm not regretting any of it. What's past is past and whatever happens, happens

He8MyHeart
24 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

This.

ApplauseftAdele
48 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

John Wayne & Diamond Heart are kinda overrated IMO... they're too rough and unrefined, they are single worthy but not lead single worthy. Perfect Illusion was honestly a great choice given the other options. DIC is TOO funk, and it kind of sets a false vision of what kind of music would be on Joanne

En_Sabah_Nur
1 minute ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

John Wayne & Diamond Heart are kinda overrated IMO... they're too rough and unrefined, they are single worthy but not lead single worthy. Perfect Illusion was honestly a great choice given the other options. DIC is TOO funk, and it kind of sets a false vision of what kind of music would be on Joanne

So does Perfect Illusion...  :hor:

Egypt. W

The only era I wish was different was ARTPOP. Aura was fantastic and could have been amazing as a telephone continuation. I'm still pressed we never got that video. I think Born This Way was always supposed to be the lead single. The message of that song had to be given the biggest platform possible. She said once she was thinking of Marry The Night but then "it just had to be Born This Way" because of the message. I think she was thinking of MTN early on but decided herself BTW was better because of the lyrics. 

As for her taking more control, I do think she's completely given up at this point and is just focusing on creating. I think that's good for her. She's a creative, and I don't think she should be tied up in marketing decisions and all the stress & self-doubt that comes with that. There's really no need for her to try and eek out every sale anymore. She's just in it for the art. :) 

1 hour ago, Robo Ga said:

Perhaps as a martyr song. Maybe they had projected that whatever they released as a lead wouldn't smash, so they wanted to save the good songs for during and post super bowl. 

Joshie S

I'm certain that with ARTPOP, Gaga wanted to release every single song 1 by 1 and have a video for each.

Before the album came out, as you said, Aura leaked, right?

In interviews, she always said that she intended for the album to be played from start to finish and that "she could perform this album on tour start to finish" or whatever she said.

So if Aura was MEANT to be first, she then released "Venus" as the supposed to be second single, but we all know how that went.... Then Gaga goes with G.U.Y. as the next single......which, oh? Is after Venus. 
I think if ARTPOP continued, we would have got Sexxx Dreams as the next single IMO. Then after that JnD (unpopular opinion I love JnD).... I mean, at Swine Fest they already had video of T.I for JnD, I'm sure they already had a video half done....

Also, I do NOT understand that hate for Perfect Illusion. Great lead single. Fight me.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Chris Evans

PI is a banger + great single choice 

I think many just don't like it bc it wasn't a hit so they like imagining a different song as a single/ what the next singles should be 

now that streaming is a factor I think Gaga is going to have a really hard time getting a hit 

Archived