Ronlop

Do you agree?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• I agree
    • I disagree

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Ronlop said:

Except 'The Fame' theatrics was exactly not the 'safe' route for an average pop-star at the time. Literally only Gaga could nail it. The idea of living your art 24/7.

With Joanne, I could name at least 4-5 other artists who could pull this off, if not better.

It's a sell-out to me more than on the commercial sphere. It's a sell-out to her own creation. For me, it's her saying: "I'm tired of my old ****" and her compromising to the "We want to see the real you! We want to see you personal and natural. No make-up. No bulshit" remarks made by so many people since her debut.

There is nothing revolutionary with pulling the re-invention card. The "this is the new me. The grown up, adult" card. It's been done so many times. Again, it's not necessarily a bad thing because this is who she is right now, I suppose. But I'm simply not feeling it like I believed I would.

The way I see it,Ā Gaga's 'sthick' has never been 'living your art 24/7', moreso, it'sĀ doing the unexpected in a time where the pop culure scene was predictable and borderline boring.Ā Ā 

After she established the image of being unpredictable, she was overexposed to theĀ point where her unpredictability became predictable to the audience. With Joanne, she completely subverts this again; Lady Gaga is predictable and that in itself is unpredictable.Ā ThereforeĀ I don't really view Joanne as comprising to anyone nor selling-out her own creation. She is still defying the pigeon hole people place her into and has retained that defiance since she debuted.

But I absolutely respect your opinion on how you dislike/not feeling her reinvention, I think everyone has a different interpretation on what Gaga's 'brand' was and that dictates the perspective of the route she's taking with Joanne.

edit: hfjdjĀ I just read this again and realized how long it was, sorry!

headspin, happiness, DEĢ¤Ģ£AĢ¢ĢÆĶ”Ģ˜TĶĶ™Ģ—ĢŸĢ«HĶ”Ķ…Ģ—Ģ™

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser

I appreciate all aspects of her career and performance, but when you look at it realistically, all the costumes, staging etc, is somebody else's work, and her voice is 100% Gaga

1 hour ago, I Give Up said:

giphy.gifĀ 

This seems contradictoryĀ :oprah:

I love the album, I just don't think it was worth such a long wait. I was just expecting a lot more, it doesn't mean I don't like the album.

I love her voice, but i would be lying if i said i don't miss Gaga, but times change, and people change, now we have JoanneĀ :classy:

Oriane

I'm sorry for you if you can't feel the Gaganess in Joanne, I don't know what you need. I guess you don't feel it in her pre-Fame songs or in her acoustic performances either. It's sad.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Dominic

I agree, this album isn't doing it for me as much as I'd hoped.Ā 

Maybe the next one will be betterĀ :firega:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived