đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

How do you feel bout the Nintendo Switch?

Seeka

Featured Posts

Versace

Will slay me more than anything Playstaion or XBOX are gonna come up with

Is it as innovative as the Wii no but it's their most innovative project since the Wii

Will it be a bigger success than the Wii, nope but it won't flop as hard as the Wii U

So none the less, it's a step in the right direction and I think it will appeal to a bigger audience than the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS alone

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
donutellha

it's VERS

:stalkga:

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

It's a needed update but I don't think I'll buy it. I don't game as much anymore and the only game I'd really play is the new zelda.

Don't visit my profile

RainOnMeeeeee

It's innovative and cool, but I'm not gonna buy it. I'll let someone gift me it or something. The fact that there's no backwards compatibility kind of ruins it for me :/

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

Looks cool but it's hard to get excited for anything by Nintendo now.

I understand it. Nintendo appeals more to their Japanese gamers than their worldwide fans.

They're also so afraid of like third party games (or at least sending them to America) we had to have a mission for it. Operation rainfall pt. 2 anyone?

6 minutes ago, VenusAsABoy said:

Japanese gamers are shook!

But anyway, their gaming market heavily relies on handheld now which is also the reason why Silent Hills is dead :cryga:

Yuppers. Nintendo loves Japan. Meanwhile, Sony loves money and worldwide players.

But at least nintendo does well with handhelds. They have a lot of games out in the market, at least, if you have access to the internet and Nintendo market. I mean have you seen the rpgs they have?

5 minutes ago, Red said:

I want it so much, Nintendo is gonna be getting my coins with both the "new" NES and this one

I'm not really into the new NES, as I can play NES on y computer for free. not to mention they're probably not planning on translating Live a Live or anything, so it's not as appealing.

4 minutes ago, VAMP said:

Gonna need either a Metroid or a Super Smash Bros. title to be impressed. Nothing about the console excites me, but all I need is one great game. I only bought the Wii U because of Smash.

I think a new Super Smash bros is a little ways off, unless they really wanna piss off everyone who plays. Unless they go back to the Melee engine. As for Metroid, I am not a fan, so I do not know the fandom's pain. But it receives, from what I see, the same treatment as Star Fox does, being basically ignored.

11 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I'll only get it if a mainseries pokemon game is released on the console in the future. Which could seem likely.

I think it will probably get a main series pokemon game, but I don't think the switch is going to kill of the DS.

I think we're going to get a main series game, but it's going to still have the feel of an offshoot. However, with the new direction pokemon is taking to fend of Yo_kai watch, I have a feeling we will see more changes to pokemon.

10 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

I love it. Something original, fresh and cool, now I can finally go poop while playing. :excited2: I'm really, really excited about Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, those graphics and FPS look stunning, same with the new Mario they showed. 

A little TMI.

10 minutes ago, zerojk said:

But they are much more expensive for developers than discs, thats one of the reasons the N64 flopped against PSX

You do know that we're in the time of now, and not 2000, correct?

Also, Nintendo likes appealing to Japanese fans more than their worldwide fans, so their Japanese fans will happily eat this sh!t up, due to the living conditions around there.

9 minutes ago, Mecha Raja said:

This is the part I agree with. However Cartridges are the best thing to do in my opinion. They can hold a wallop of data. Discs are restrictive and require data put into the console via downloads to bring out the "flash bang stuff" where as like SD cards and cartridges all have that. Its more the power of the console itself aka 3ds. It looks grainy in some games if not all incomparison to the WiiU because its not a very high powered console. 

I hope the switch goes on to become bigger and better than anything they have ever done and that it opens up the current 3ds gaming companies to SWITCH ( so to speak) to the bigger console.

I hope catridges become a thing. I have too many cases and sh!t. Like I love the case art and all but it takes up a lot of space.

I kind of expect some revolutions to happen in gaming history soon. With VR already out, things have to happen.

9 minutes ago, Kaboku said:

When I found out there was a new Nintendo Console coming out:

ZwKUyRr.gif

In all honesty, I'm just praying they release Pokemon on console so we can play on an extreme big screen haha

0922562c32655e193df74228d7a87a53.gif

I need another Pokemon game like Colosseum. That was so amazing.

Awakened M

The gimmick of this iteration is freedom, meaning you have the freedom to play home console games stationary or on the go. Make the switch at will.

I have higher hopes due to the games we'll be getting. For example, Skyrim was teased in the Switch reveal trailer. We have a lot more 3rd party support on board. I just hope that they stay.
Nintendo-Switch-third-party-630x417.jpg

I did read somewhere that Game Freak will be developing Pokemon games for the Switch. So I'm excited to see what future generation(s) and remake(s) come out.

Most are probably concerned about the battery life when playing the Switch on the go. I'm pretty sure that there's a battery pack in the works that will easily dissolve the issue.

Nintendo just needs to be on point with marketing and promo really. Flop or not, I'm getting the Switch day 1. 

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

19 minutes ago, Versace said:

Will slay me more than anything Playstaion or XBOX are gonna come up with

Is it as innovative as the Wii no but it's their most innovative project since the Wii

Will it be a bigger success than the Wii, nope but it won't flop as hard as the Wii U

So none the less, it's a step in the right direction and I think it will appeal to a bigger audience than the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS alone

The main thing is games, though. That is Nintendo's main problem. While I do love Nintendo, it is near impossible to have their current consoles (Wii-Switch, excluding the Gamecube) and be completely happy with what you have.

it doesn't matter how innovative the system is if you're not going to have a great line-up of games for it.

That's kind of filling up a Lollapolooza line-up with complete nobodies. It doesn't matter that it's Lollapalooza if everyone sucks.

15 minutes ago, Pablo said:

It's a needed update but I don't think I'll buy it. I don't game as much anymore and the only game I'd really play is the new zelda.

If it comes with some great RPGs I may buy it. but I feel like it could be ignored entirely. liek i said, I feel this is make or break for Nintendo.

14 minutes ago, Scie said:

It's innovative and cool, but I'm not gonna buy it. I'll let someone gift me it or something. The fact that there's no backwards compatibility kind of ruins it for me :/

Fortunately I think this may be when Nintendo rereleases some stuff. not to mention Nintendo is about as good as Sony when they have two consoles selling at the same time and release games for both consoles (the new Zelda game being confirmed for the Wii U, and I think the FE and SMT crossover is being sold for both consoles as well). I hope they begin to sell Gamecube games because Nintendo tried its best to bury the Gamecube when the Wii came out. I missed a few great games because of that.

10 minutes ago, Awakened M said:

The gimmick of this iteration is freedom, meaning you have the freedom to play home console games stationary or on the go. Make the switch at will.

I have higher hopes due to the games we'll be getting. For example, Skyrim was teased in the Switch reveal trailer. We have a lot more 3rd party support on board. I just hope that they stay.
Nintendo-Switch-third-party-630x417.jpg

I did read somewhere that Game Freak will be developing Pokemon games for the Switch. So I'm excited to see what future generation(s) and remake(s) come out.

Most are probably concerned about the battery life when playing the Switch on the go. I'm pretty sure that there's a battery pack in the works that will easily dissolve the issue.

Nintendo just needs to be on point with marketing and promo really. Flop or not, I'm getting the Switch day 1. 

No, Nintendo just loves Japan. The Wii U sold much more in Japan than it did anywhere else, I believe. They appeal to the handheld market, which is thriving over there while the home console market is dying.

I kind of hope there is more third party support, but the games have to be released with teh Switch. We can't wait like three months after.

I just hope they don't kill off the 3DS. I'd like for them to try and make the 3DS last ten years, like Sony is doing with the PS4. 

They need to have games from Day One. I'm not buying something that I don't get to immediately enjoy. I know that sounds awful, but, I'm not gonna buy something that's gonna sit around for a month.

display name
28 minutes ago, Seeka said:

I think a new Super Smash bros is a little ways off, unless they really wanna piss off everyone who plays. Unless they go back to the Melee engine. As for Metroid, I am not a fan, so I do not know the fandom's pain. But it receives, from what I see, the same treatment as Star Fox does, being basically ignored.

Yeah, I don't even know if it will happen again. Sakurai's always seemed done, but now, it just seems like he's REALLY done.

It got worse treatment than Star Fox. Star Fox got a game on the Wii U, which went back to building on what the franchise has always been about. For Metroid, Nintendo made it clear that they wanted to redefine the series, which resulted in something horrible. We were petitioning for the cancellation of the game but were ultimately ignored. The whole situation is just a slap in the face. At least, it's not as bad as being an F-Zero fan, but I am one of those as well. :air: 

Awakened M
3 minutes ago, Seeka said:

The main thing is games, though. That is Nintendo's main problem. While I do love Nintendo, it is near impossible to have their current consoles (Wii-Switch, excluding the Gamecube) and be completely happy with what you have.

it doesn't matter how innovative the system is if you're not going to have a great line-up of games for it.

That's kind of filling up a Lollapolooza line-up with complete nobodies. It doesn't matter that it's Lollapalooza if everyone sucks.

If it comes with some great RPGs I may buy it. but I feel like it could be ignored entirely. liek i said, I feel this is make or break for Nintendo.

Fortunately I think this may be when Nintendo rereleases some stuff. not to mention Nintendo is about as good as Sony when they have two consoles selling at the same time and release games for both consoles (the new Zelda game being confirmed for the Wii U, and I think the FE and SMT crossover is being sold for both consoles as well). I hope they begin to sell Gamecube games because Nintendo tried its best to bury the Gamecube when the Wii came out. I missed a few great games because of that.

No, Nintendo just loves Japan. The Wii U sold much more in Japan than it did anywhere else, I believe. They appeal to the handheld market, which is thriving over there while the home console market is dying.

I kind of hope there is more third party support, but the games have to be released with teh Switch. We can't wait like three months after.

I just hope they don't kill off the 3DS. I'd like for them to try and make the 3DS last ten years, like Sony is doing with the PS4. 

They need to have games from Day One. I'm not buying something that I don't get to immediately enjoy. I know that sounds awful, but, I'm not gonna buy something that's gonna sit around for a month.

Nintendo claims that the Switch is NOT meant to replace the Wii U or 3DS, but I'm having a hard time believing that.:ladyhaha: But if there's a way to make the Wii U and/or 3DS interact with the Switch, that would be really amazing. 

We just need more info from the horse's mouth.... I'm so OVER these rumors!:giveup:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

1 minute ago, VAMP said:

Yeah, I don't even know if it will happen again. Sakurai's always seemed done, but now, it just seems like he's REALLY done.

It got worse treatment than Star Fox. Star Fox got a game on the Wii U, which went back to building on what the franchise has always been about. For Metroid, Nintendo made it clear that they wanted to redefine the series, which resulted in something horrible. We were petitioning for the cancellation of the game but were ultimately ignored. The whole situation is just a slap in the face. At least, it's not as bad as being an F-Zero fan, but I am one of those as well. :air: 

Can I be honest? Sakuri is a butthurt little f*ucker.He was entirely against the idea of an RPG adventure mode like Subspace again because everyone would just watch the scenes on youtube. little bitch, that happens with all games. ALL GAMES.

Oh you poor thing *huggles*

I don't think it helps metroid tends to be a sales disaster in Japan, where Nintendo has mostly focused themselves. And metroid feels like one of those series just made for everyone but Japan, ya know? From what I read, it's very critically acclaimed, but doesn't sell well inside of Japan.

Oh being and F-Zero fan as well. Wasn't the  last game on the Gamecube?

1 minute ago, Awakened M said:

Nintendo claims that the Switch is NOT meant to replace the Wii U or 3DS, but I'm having a hard time believing that.:ladyhaha: But if there's a way to make the Wii U and/or 3DS interact with the Switch, that would be really amazing. 

We just need more info from the horse's mouth.... I'm so OVER these rumors!:giveup:

The Wii U will be three years old when the Switch is released. That is a boldfaced lie, and everyone knows it. The Wii u was such a disaster outside of Japan...

Like I can't even properly fathom that lie. They're even releasing games that was originally on the Wii U also for the Switch.

However, it is believable that it won't replace the 3DS. I don't think they won't replace the 3DS, despite it hitting replacement age. Nintendo has strangled the handheld market in their favor.

display name
Just now, Seeka said:

Can I be honest? Sakuri is a butthurt little f*ucker.He was entirely against the idea of an RPG adventure mode like Subspace again because everyone would just watch the scenes on youtube. little bitch, that happens with all games. ALL GAMES.

Oh you poor thing *huggles*

I don't think it helps metroid tends to be a sales disaster in Japan, where Nintendo has mostly focused themselves. And metroid feels like one of those series just made for everyone but Japan, ya know? From what I read, it's very critically acclaimed, but doesn't sell well inside of Japan.

Oh being and F-Zero fan as well. Wasn't the  last game on the Gamecube?

You keep being honest! Slay that roach because I needed another adventure mode!

Yeah, it's not a huge seller there. I think the Prime trilogy was actually made by American developers if I remember correctly. I can why it's not loved by Japanese Nintendo players.

Poor F-Zero did indeed die on the GameCube. The director of the series said he's waiting for a control scheme that he feels will fit the game. He doesn't think any of the more recent ones would have worked. **** that! If they can do Mario Kart, they can do it! It didn't even make sense with GameCube controller, but they still did it, and it was fun.

Archived