💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

How do you feel bout the Nintendo Switch?

Seeka

Featured Posts

So I've been looking about at this thing, and it looks like Nintendo seems to be going where they know best. The handheld market.

So how do you feel about this new console which seems to be a newer and improved Wii U? Do you think Nintendo will finally have back its gaming edge? Or do you think this will be the nail in Nintendo's home console coffin, and the Switch will be buried alongside the Wii and Wii U?

I like the idea that Nintendo is staying with gaming cartridges. They take up a lot less space than disks. And aren't as terribly fragile. However, Nintendo seems to be a lot about practicality and durability (except for the Wii. It's rather impractical).

But I think the main problem is Nintendo's games. While they have their franchises (Fire Emblem now becoming one of Nintendo's heavier hitters it now seems) they don't have many games that adult appeal or have M ratings.

So are you guys excited for the switch? (I'm sure there is like 5000 tumblr fan art pictures that have the Switch personified as a trap-like character, because of the name).

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Axel

To put it simply, I love it :heart:

ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ϟ†▽✰𝒿 ~

Honestly I feel like it is a Wii U 2.0, I hope Nintendo knows what they are doing.... scrapping the CD as a format is a very VERY risky decision

but i will most likely purchase it, i love mario and smash bros games

Pacify Him

Japanese gamers are shook!

But anyway, their gaming market heavily relies on handheld now which is also the reason why Silent Hills is dead :cryga:

I’m getting on your nerves

I want it so much, Nintendo is gonna be getting my coins with both the "new" NES and this one

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

display name

Gonna need either a Metroid or a Super Smash Bros. title to be impressed. Nothing about the console excites me, but all I need is one great game. I only bought the Wii U because of Smash.

2 minutes ago, Klou said:

It looks nifty, but I'm going to pass unless Nintendo can up their 3rd party support.

I know how you feel. Like Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade chronicle X, The Fire Emblem and SMT crossover, and like... one other game would be the only the reason I would've bought the Wii U.

1 minute ago, Lord Axel said:

To put it simply, I love it :heart:

I think you're one of the less skeptical ones.

1 minute ago, zerojk said:

Honestly I feel like it is a Wii U 2.0, I hope Nintendo knows what they are doing.... scrapping the CD as a format is a very VERY risky decision

but i will most likely purchase it, i love mario and smash bros games

I don't see it as risky, actually. It makes a lot of sense, and Nintendo has more consoles with cartridges (NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, DS, 3DS, Switch) than those without.

Plus,like I said, the catridges like the ds games are very durable, and take up less space, but contain just as much game.

Lord Axel
Just now, Seeka said:

You'd be right, I'm a hardcore Nintendo fanboy :hor:

ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ϟ†▽✰𝒿 ~

Edonis

I'll only get it if a mainseries pokemon game is released on the console in the future. Which could seem likely.

adamsenigma

I love it. Something original, fresh and cool, now I can finally go poop while playing. :excited2: I'm really, really excited about Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, those graphics and FPS look stunning, same with the new Mario they showed. 

2 minutes ago, Seeka said:

I know how you feel. Like Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade chronicle X, The Fire Emblem and SMT crossover, and like... one other game would be the only the reason I would've bought the Wii U.

I don't see it as risky, actually. It makes a lot of sense, and Nintendo has more consoles with cartridges (NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, DS, 3DS, Switch) than those without.

Plus,like I said, the catridges like the ds games are very durable, and take up less space, but contain just as much game.

But they are much more expensive for developers than discs, thats one of the reasons the N64 flopped against PSX

Katsuki Bakugo
11 minutes ago, Seeka said:

So I've been looking about at this thing, and it looks like Nintendo seems to be going where they know best. The handheld market.

So how do you feel about this new console which seems to be a newer and improved Wii U? Do you think Nintendo will finally have back its gaming edge? Or do you think this will be the nail in Nintendo's home console coffin, and the Switch will be buried alongside the Wii and Wii U?

I like the idea that Nintendo is staying with gaming cartridges. They take up a lot less space than disks. And aren't as terribly fragile. However, Nintendo seems to be a lot about practicality and durability (except for the Wii. It's rather impractical).

But I think the main problem is Nintendo's games. While they have their franchises (Fire Emblem now becoming one of Nintendo's heavier hitters it now seems) they don't have many games that adult appeal or have M ratings.

So are you guys excited for the switch? (I'm sure there is like 5000 tumblr fan art pictures that have the Switch personified as a trap-like character, because of the name).

This is the part I agree with. However Cartridges are the best thing to do in my opinion. They can hold a wallop of data. Discs are restrictive and require data put into the console via downloads to bring out the "flash bang stuff" where as like SD cards and cartridges all have that. Its more the power of the console itself aka 3ds. It looks grainy in some games if not all incomparison to the WiiU because its not a very high powered console. 

I hope the switch goes on to become bigger and better than anything they have ever done and that it opens up the current 3ds gaming companies to SWITCH ( so to speak) to the bigger console.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

When I found out there was a new Nintendo Console coming out:

ZwKUyRr.gif

In all honesty, I'm just praying they release Pokemon on console so we can play on an extreme big screen haha

0922562c32655e193df74228d7a87a53.gif

Archived