💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Perfect Illusion removed from Top 40 adds

Americano

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple
9 minutes ago, Miel said:

For Gaga standards? Definitely not.

But outside of that, it definitely didn't do awful. 15 is commendable, and it stayed on the charts for a few weeks. That's okay.

Well we can only judge for Gaga's standards because she is Gaga..For Cher or Barbra it would be great.But for Gaga it's horrible. Her last lead single (that did NOT do as well as expected) was in the top 10 for 13 weeks and sold almost 3m in the US. PI had 1 week in the top 40 and won't even go gold

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rivingtonrebels

The label was obviously like yo we gotta remind the GP that Gaga is around still and has cool pop music for the young kids - great give them PI.  Which in hindsight is dumb because from what we've heard the album does NOT sound like anything surging up the charts on iheartradio.  

At this point whatever her record deal/package is, it's not working for her new direction, which can also be exciting but not treated the same way BTW was in terms of promo (leaving out AP because that was a mess for a bunch of other reasons).

At a certain point her team needs to stop doing the same things and try something new a la beyonce lemonade - but not that, something diff.  They've sorta started doing that this cycle but we shall see.

pedrohemg
16 hours ago, ScotHML said:

Everything keeps going on about the SB. No one watches that apart from within the USA. 

No man. I'm not from USA but I watch SB every single year. I love sports so I can't loose the SB. ESPN broadcasts it world wide.

The simple fact of the matter is no song is a surefire hit at this point. For previously established artists, the single game is often about momentum. You hit with the one song you think can really stick, and because it's the first, it gets lots of promotion. If you can parlay that into a hit, then the momentum helps carry successive singles. Since PI didn't stick, there's not much momentum, so no matter what they release, it's going to be an uphill battle.

Based off the snippets (and it's hard to say, since they are just snippets), I think one of the ballads is honestly the way to go. None of the uptempo stuff sounds like what's playing now, but ballads occupy a slightly different space on radio, and I think what we've heard of Joanne's slower songs could work. It's also worth changing it up because Gaga's recent attempts at more uptempo songs haven't landed. When something isn't clicking, switch tactics. 

Of the ballads, MR actually probably does sound the closest to a "hit" to me, but, it's of course now handicapped because it'll have been out for a couple weeks before it gets any radio promotion, so you've missed the initial sales-surge to help boost it. But it seems to be somewhat sustainable, and it sounds the most radio-ready to me of Joanne's ballads. 

I don't envy her team; they've got a tough call to make.

Kupo a sort of agree with your first part, PI was the perfect single.  It didn't stick because she didn't promote it or even release remixes.  Its a great song, written and performed.  Gaga is trying to appeal to a new segment, and thus the Budlight dive bar tour.  I believe when we listen to the new album it will have very little country in it.  I think that promotion has skewed the traditional fan into anticipating something thats not there.

with MR, i dont think its radio friendly, she should choose something out of the stronger songs on the album like DIC, JW or Ay-o

destinyofself
19 hours ago, ScotHML said:

Very true. And folk saying because it's not mainstream it didn't do well, well I don't think that's true. Here in the UK indie, rock and soul do well and will chart at the top spot at various times throughout  the year. 

Exactly what I thought, I live in the UK and I honestly thought PI would do well cause of it's sound. I just hope MR isn't the next single :omg:

Archived