Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga's Sexist Subtext

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

HEARTHUNTER
4 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

you're definitely unaware of the issues associated with gender equality.  Smarten up.

First world problems.

Famine, wars, diseases, genocides, Syria, Palestine, Africa, Black Lives, US presidential elections.

Those matter much more than gender equality. WAKE UP.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Actually many of us are aware, we just don't overreact to something like this. 

Understand how culture was shaped. 

How about YOU be the change you want to see in the world and educate people about gender equality without calling them ignorant to their face? No one will take your views seriously if you have a hostile approach. 

it is very ignorant actually to say things like "manly cries" "have some balls" "man up". and people need to be educated and understand that and be aware of their ignorance and CHANGE.

♥ Kindness Police.

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, Sizzily said:

Wow, you're so concerned about being right.

Because i know i am.

♥ Kindness Police.

Morphine Prince
Just now, Gracious Gaga said:

it is very ignorant actually to say things like "manly cries" "have some balls" "man up". and people need to be educated and understand that and be aware of their ignorance and CHANGE.

Not the way you're doing it. Reactions and attitudes like yours are why people are voting for Trump. 

Speechless94

what should they be offended for?

Not everyone in the world understands that gender and gender norms are fluid like we all do. She's not doing anyone a disservice by respecting them. Im sure her 60 year old father, who is rather old school, does not want the entire world (literally) to know that he was crying. I'm not saying it's right of her to say, she is just respecting them and their reference points. Her dad is from an older generation. But she isn't aiding gender binaries by saying "manly" crying. She's just representing the situation how they would probably want it to represented. Thats why I think she exclaimed "manly" in the way that she did. It's almost like she wasn't going to say it, and then she remembered that they might appreciate if she added "manly" to it. 

Gracious Gaga
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Not the way you're doing it. Reactions and attitudes like yours are why people are voting for Trump. 

you must understand the harshness you laid upon me first, before i laid any on you dear.

♥ Kindness Police.

1 minute ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

First world problems.

Famine, wars, diseases, genocides, Syria, Palestine, Africa, Black Lives, US presidential elections.

Those matter much more than gender equality. WAKE UP.

While this argument is invalid, you can't say that blank is more important that blank so we can't deal with blank until we deal with blank. BUT Gender issues, not trans issues, but non-binary issues and 4 or 5 other genders, are a little too much and seem like more of a trendy "look at my unrealistic oddly pronounced and typed pronouns"

Purr more, hiss less.

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

you must understand the harshness you laid upon me first, before i laid any on you dear.

And this is why "SJW" and people like you are working against equality. 

Shame. 

gagaohlala
50 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

If you watch the video above, she discusses Mark Ronson and her father crying, but disclaims it as "manly cries" ... Is she suggesting that is it not "manly" to cry?  Does Lady Gaga need to be educated on stereotyping gender roles?

What an interpretation ! People are going crazy nowadays about sexists or racists accusations.

Okay, so you're just speaking for her because she never said that. She never said it's not manly to cry, she said they cried in a manly way. On a sociological point of view, it is a fact that mans do crie less than girls. And moreover not in the same way. It's not sexists, it's the way gender are socialized in our modern society, and that's all. And I'm sure you know it in general in your life.. dont say the contrary please. Maybe you find it stereotypical. But stereotypes are just a generalized truths. 

Anyway there's nothing to be offended. 

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

Lextyr97
44 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I'm aware of this and it needs to stop.  Saying like "have some balls" or "man up" are POLITICALLY INCORRECT.  

They suggest power and dominance in the male gender only and do not support gender EQUALITY.

Literally the most overdramatic thing I've ever read.

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

And this is why "SJW" and people like you are working against equality. 

Shame. 

i have no shame tho.  because i'm not working against it...

♥ Kindness Police.

MonsterMum
6 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Because i know i am.

With that attitude you not looking for opinions but simply people agreeing with you. 

Morphine Prince

i have no shame tho.  because i'm not working against it...

You are. Nobody takes you seriously. Learn how to educate others first before speaking on issues like this in a public manner. 

You can call everyone ignorant in your own private time but not when trying to inform people. 

Archived