💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Has she recorded two different albums?

BornSimon

Featured Posts

BornSimon

This has probably been discussed before but since the album was announced and "Perfect Illusion" was released and the cover was revealed... I couldn't help but wonder, "Where's the original album?" You know, the LG5 she referenced a few times late last year and earlier this year, the one that contained music that had been influenced by American Horror Story, the "darker" material that she felt was taking her back to her roots.

Did she scratch all that to start working on a complete different album with Mark Ronson in March/April? Do you think some of that material will end up on Joanne? It just doesn't seem to fit the visuals, nor the themes she has so far talked about during her radio interviews. Will the original LG5 end up like ARTPOP Act II?

I obviously won't be judging the music until I hear it, and I'm pretty sure it'll be ****ing great anyway, I adore "Perfect Illusion", but I was excited to have a darker Gaga back, I hope we'll still get to see that side of her because it is the side I find most interesting and fascinating.

Be nice, kids, this is a discussion thread and I don't want anyone to get hurt. :classy:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
retrosexual123

Not to mention the 8 songs she wrote with RedOne... one of which was Grammy worthy... 

all dissappeared, gone, never to be heard.

BornSimon
2 minutes ago, retrosexual123 said:

Not to mention the 8 songs she wrote with RedOne... one of which was Grammy worthy... 

That too. For a while it felt like she was recording a disco album too (Giorgio Moroder, Nile Rodgers...), but that obviously won't be Joanne.

Or maybe Joanne contains all of this and we are just totally clueless.:sweat:

AnglerfishbraBENUS

obviously the one redOne track on Joanne will  be the grammy worthy one

The Surrealist
3 minutes ago, BornSimon said:

the one that contained music that had been influenced by American Horror Story

"You can put it in your music but that’s not always what people want from me in my music. They want a sweet, delightful, ‘Just Dance’ kind of girl or they want ‘Bad Romance’ and that’s fine .I am happy to give people that, but maybe with my song ‘Dope’ or some of the things I did on ARTPOP, you saw a kind of dark side, wrapped up in colors,” she continued. “But maybe that was not always what people want to see. They want to see the perfection. Here [on AHS], it’s the imperfection that is the win. So it’s very liberating.”

This is what she meant by saying AHS influenced her.

Another One:

: "I’ve been writing a lot for the past year. The show has really affected my voice, I have to say. I’m using my listening from acting in my music more, which is crucial because it’s music. Who knew I could listen even more? It’s amazing to even talk about. There’s a tremendous freedom and a recklessness, but there’s also a sophistication in the show. There’s a lot of liberation, but it’s a very chic liberation."

SpookyKid

well, I'm sure RedOne considers this song Grammy worthy too :lana:

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Yes she did...

And I feel sad that we probably wont hear the songs from the scrapped project, it just sounded too good to be true.

RedOne bops, AHS influenced...

I wish she would have combined what she had with some of what she just did with Ronson, I don't know how to feel that Joanne is just an album that she started working on just some months ago

Dangerous Man

Yeah, she got tired of mainstream albums (produced by RedOne) so she decided to scrap it and went to indie route.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Glamourpuss

I think it was part of her creative process. She probably wrote loads of songs. Recorded some, edited them or even scrapped them in favour of others. She might have had a new wave of inspiration. Who knows. She's an artist and we just have to accept whatever she feels like putting out.

I would have loved a dark era this time around. But I reckon Joanne is going to be dark in a different way in that it's going to be more real as she talks about the loss of a family member and grief (the song about her aunt) rather than superficial stuff like the dark side of fame. 

People always come up with this theory and the answer is every artist starts an album with certain intentions maybe and then it evolves over time and progresses into the final product. Which consequently results in a heap of demos and materials; some that evolve into songs we hear and others are thrown to the depths of her personal archive. I truly do not believe there is a first scratched album thats "darker" and full of redones production lol its a fans wet dream, not a reality. when she referred to american horror story influencing her to bring out her demons, thats what she meant by dark. and thats what it sounds like shes bringing to the album. it was never about production, she was referring to lyrics. what she wanted to say about her personal life.

Fran Padilla

The music that took Gaga to her roots I think is Joanne song... And maybe this ballad with redone is a darkballad.... Maybe is the grammy worthy one... I know what you are talking about thoes two albumes... But i think is only one that changed the emotional meaning to a one more complert than only dark and tears.

Sinner's Prayer kinda fit that theme, no? I don't think she scrapped all the material though. Edit: if there was a different LG5, that is.

Archived