💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Context - Uptown Funk US Chart Performance

phoenixxx

Featured Posts

Just a little context for those who are freaking out/wringing their hands at current chart performance...

From Wikipedia:

On the Billboard Hot 100, the song debuted at number 65 on the week-ending 21 November 2014 due to digital downloads sold, making it Ronson's first entry on the Hot 100.[51] During its second week, "Uptown Funk" sold 110,000 digital copies, becoming the Hot 100's top Digital Gainer of the week, and nearing Streaming Songs with a gain of 2.5 million US streams.[52]The song rose to number 18 in its second week on the Hot 100.[52] On its third week the song rose to number eight, after its first full seven-day tracking period after the premiere of the music video, with 4.4 million streams, digital sales of 167,000 copies and debuting at Radio Songs at number 46 (28 million audience).[53] At this point, the song became Ronson's first top 10 as an artist (and in his first visit with such a billing) and his third top 10 as a producer (Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" (No. 9, 2007) and Mars' "Locked Out of Heaven" (No. 1, 2012–13).[53] On its fourth week, the song reached number five. This marked Mars' eleventh top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100.[54] On its fifth week, it reached a new peak of number 3, where it stayed for two weeks. The song claimed the Hot 100's three top Gainer awards (Digital, Streaming, Airplay), making it just the fifth title to sweep all three categories in the nearly three years of their side-by-side existence, and making Ronson the first male soloist to top Digital Songs with a debut chart entry (as a lead) since Sam Smith's "Stay with Me".[55] The next week the song climbed to number two. The following week, "Uptown Funk" topped the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Ronson's first number-one single in the country and Mars' sixth. The song crowned the three major component songs charts (Digital Songs, Streaming Songs and Radio Songs) on the Billboard Hot 100. It also marked Ronson's first single to reach number one in radio songs; for Mars, it became his sixth, reaching fifth among acts with the most number-ones in that area.[56]

The song became the first to crown the Hot 100 and its three main component charts for nine weeks (the previous record was held by Meghan Trainor's "All About That Bass", which did so for two weeks).[57] By spending a thirteenth week at number one on the Billboard Hot 100, it became Mars' longest command at the top position (among his six number-ones).[58] It also became one of the longest running singles in Billboard's Hot 100 history and also the longest-running number-one single of the 2010s decade, by topping the chart for 14 consecutive weeks, also becoming the joint second-longest number-one single in Billboard history.[57] This surpassed the previous record set by Robin Thicke with his 2013 single "Blurred Lines", featuringPharrell Williams and T.I., which reigned at number one for 12 weeks. After its fourteenth week, it was replaced by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth's "See You Again".[59] The song stayed in the top three of the Billboard Hot 100 for 21 weeks, a record previously owned by "Smooth" by Santana and Rob Thomas.[60] On 5 June, "Uptown Funk" spent a 25th consecutive week inside the US top 5, equalling the all-time record set by LeAnn Rimes with "How Do I Live" in 1997. "Uptown Funk" spent 31 weeks in the top-10, with the run ending in the issue dated 11 July 2015, the longest-running top-10 single after aforementioned "How Do I Live".[61] As of July 7, 2016, "Uptown Funk" has sold 7,345,592 copies in the United States.[62]

CannaeDrive

Thank you for that, too much drama queens/insecure kids on this site tbh.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

So folks who keep b*tching on about the single's current chart performance can maybe chill out and let the rest of us enjoy the song without all the grumbling.

let's look at the Song of the Summer, Cheap Thrills, single performance:

Spoiler

1st Week: #81
2nd Week: #97
3rd Week: #91 
4th Week: #92
5th Week: #87
6th Week: #71 
7th Week: #39 
8th Week: #55
9th Week: #47
10th Week: #47
11th Week: #54
12th Week: #48
13th Week: #38
14th Week: #34 
15th Week: #24
16th Week: #19 
17th Week: #13
18th Week: #8
19th Week: #6
20th Week: #6 
21st Week: #5
22nd Week: #3 
23rd Week: #1 - PEAK POSITION
24th Week: #1
25th Week: #1
26th Week: #1
27th Week: #2 
28th Week: #3 
29th Week: #4 (still charting)

MonsterOfSpain

You can't compare... Gaga's singles are always frontloaded, she's not a new or fairly unknown artist so you can't expect her singles to be sleeper hits... I'd like to see this happening but you guys are setting yourselves up for a disappointment. Just enjoy the music and move on

6 minutes ago, Miky said:

I like PI but don't see this happening :sweat: 

Just now, Baby Blue said:

if you guys keep thinking this will be a monster hit :rip:

I don't have any expectations, but some folks seem to be citing a low charting position as evidence of some kind of massive failure or betrayal.
If people don't like the song then fine. Gaga's made plenty of single choices that I've not been particularly excited about in the past (why anyone would choose to release telephone over DITD is beyond me, and the rest of it). But fans grumbling about first week chart positions every three posts/making snarky posts about it is, apart from anything else, completely misguided.

KyliesChild
17 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

You can't compare... Gaga's singles are always frontloaded, she's not a new or fairly unknown artist so you can't expect her singles to be sleeper hits... I'd like to see this happening but you guys are setting yourselves up for a disappointment. Just enjoy the music and move on

Neither is Bruno Mars.

OmgSum1Actually

Uptown Funk is like so much better than Perfect Illusion, I don't see that happening to Perfect Illusion..

Shameless selfpromo

MonsterOfSpain
Just now, Skai Jackson said:

Neither is Bruno Mars.

It isn't the same. Bruno wasn't the lead artist and he doesn't have a fanbase as big as Gaga's, most pop girls' singles are frontloaded and I don't see Perfect Illusion becoming a big hit in the future if the video is not impressive or it doesn't have really good promo. But it feels like Gaga doesn't have anything special planned and that she doesn't care about the charts anymore, so that's fine for me as long as it's fine for her.

Archived