Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So, let's rate it

boneknuckleskin

Based on it's own merits (no comparisons to previous singles)  

154 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 10, with "1" being the biggest flop you've ever heard and "10" being the most mind-blowingingly incredible song that you could ever imagine hearing - how would you rate Perfect Illusion?

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8/10, I wish it was longer but I love it! It's a very smart song, it's short and sweet which is what the GP loves right now. The key change was literally everything though :giveup:

Javier Gallo

I give it an 8 I love the writing and the whole song but the bridge where she goes higher in pitch kills it for me.

6/10

I love it until the pitch change. The bridge is epic and the buildup for the actual pitch change is epic but then it kind of just stumbles up there. I think it'll grow on me but it feels a bit too much like ARTPOP at the moment - epic song ruined by something so simple that it should have been called out on.

The general instrumentation though is giving me really high hopes for the album.

Bette Davis

Pros

- More pop/dance than I was expecting (thank god)

- love the retro 80s/70s influence

- powerful vocals

- fast paced

- love the bridge

- it's catchy

Cons

- production feels unfinished and thin

- sometimes her vocals are too nasal and feel a bit off

- it gets a bit repetitive

- the pitch change irks me

Overall, I gave it a 7. It's definitely a grower. In comparison to her other lead singles, I like it better than Applause. I can't help but wonder if she had a better lead single in her repertoire.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Katsuki Bakugo
35 minutes ago, bks68 said:

I give it a 6, which I actually correlate closer to C- rather than a D because I sort of like it and I think it's a pretty good song sans the weird vocals, lacking chorus, and overall repetitiveness - that's where I dock points. It could have been a real anthem. I actually like it better than I liked BTW on first listen, but no love at first sight like Appaluse or anything from TFM. Slay, I guess. :unicorn:

LACKING chorus??? like have you heard all of 2016's music? This actually has a chorus. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Y'all are taking points over the key change? That MAKES the song. I would've liked ANOTHER ONE but that would've made it too Beyonce Love On Top. 

PartySick

I'll give it a 9 :diane:

The only thing keeping it from being a 10 is my personal distaste for romance/break up/make up/etc songs :green:

But it's so good :giveup:

🖤

Oh and I give it a 7.5. 

It took a few listens. The key change kept me coming back. I'm curious to see how it translates to the stage and into a music video. 

It's repetitive but I suppose that's where the pop element comes in. It's a good song. Not sure why it took 4 people to write those lyrics though. Lol. 

notamember

It isn't perfect but very close, so I voted 9. 

I'm very very impressed with the song and the haters can all SEETHE while I repeat the song for the next week.

Archived