💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP and the decay of the popstar

Gagas love

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Gagas love said:

"When I look back on my life it’s not that I don’t want to see things exactly as they happened, it’s just that I prefer to remember them in an artistic way. And truthfully the lie of it all is much more honest because I invented it. Clinical psychology tells us arguably that trauma is the ultimate killer. Memories are not recycled like atoms and particles in quantum physics. They can be lost forever. It’s sort of like my past is an unfinished painting and as the artist of that painting I must fill in all the ugly holes, and make it beautiful again. It’s not that I have been dishonest; it’s just that I loathe reality"

Gaga is her art

stefani is the artist

shes all about perception. lol fantasy and reality. 

manifesto of little monsters 

"

There's something heroic about the way my fans operate their cameras. So precisely and intricately, so proudly, and so methodically. Like Kings writing the history of their people. It's their prolific nature that both creates and procures what will later be perceived as the "kingdom." So, the real truth about Lady Gaga fans lies in this sentiment: They are the kings. They are the queens. They write the history of the kingdom, while I am something of a devoted Jester.

It is in the theory of perception that we have established our bond. Or, the lie, I should say, for which we kill. We are nothing without our image. Without our projection. Without the spiritual hologram of who we perceive ourselves to be, or rather to become, in the future.

When you're
lonely,

I'll be lonely too,

And this is the fame.

Love and art.

12-18 1974

Lady Gaga

Start a Discussion"

yall are too focused on the musical part. lol her real art is in things like manifesto, and the ****ing egg. shes a performance artist.

and two things: 

1. why did ARTPOP underperform? what does that mean? does it give her art more meaning? do i like it more because it was a success? thats incredible shallow. youre literally not listening to the message of the very ARTPOP song, "music not the bling". why do you guys think ARTPOP was created with the intention of being her must successful era of its time? thats such a basic and small way of thinking. 

i guess its cause ive heard everything shes spoken of,

some of yall need to rewatch all of the gagavisions, this is a big picture thing. if it wasnt, shed be katy perry, or rihanna. 

Your creating meaning where there is none. Like Gaga has liked to proclaim, she is living breathing performance art. But that doesn't mean she didn't want ARTPOP to perform well, the problem with ARTPOP imo was that she was pandering to what she thought her management, her label and her fans wanted even though she didn't want that. She basically said that during her Billboard interview.

Just because Gaga is a performance artist doesn't mean that:
She wanted ARTPOP to underperform, she didn't.
She faked her hip injury and cancelled dates, she didn't.
She made up her rape story, she didn't.
She split with her manager for some artistic purpose, she didn't.
She entered a fake relationship with Taylor Kinney, she didn't.

Just because she is a 'performance artist' =/= She has created an entirely fake life. You are applying quotes out of context  to support a theory with no evidence to support it.

You are making connections where there are no connections to be made. You could not control your entire life like that without actually going insane, it's not humanly possible. She isn't some mad, evil genius with superhuman intelligence and abilities. She is just a normal chick who makes music, makes art, is passionate about music, art and performance who became famous.

"why did ARTPOP underperform? what does that mean? does it give her art more meaning? do i like it more because it was a success? thats incredible shallow. youre literally not listening to the message of the very ARTPOP song, "music not the bling". why do you guys think ARTPOP was created with the intention of being her must successful era of its time? thats such a basic and small way of thinking."

ARTPOP underperformed, imo, because of management issues and because I think she was too focused on the understandable pressure of having to be Lady Gaga. Like she has said, she felt like with ARTPOP she couldn't touch a piano, she felt like she needed to conform to expectations created by her label, her managment and her fans. I don't care whether Gaga sells 1000 copies or 1, so don't accuse me of being a fan that only cares about success. That aint me. On the first page I literally expressed joy that she didn't seem to be focused on creating another Poker Face or Bad Romance. At this point I'd love it if she ditched pop all together. So yes, music not the bling. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived