• Beyonce
    • Michael Jackson
    • It's very difficult to choose

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk
6 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

LOL MESS at @PunkTheFunk starting this shady thread on MJ's birthday!! :grr:

I see you, boo :hor: :yay:

I knew it was MJ's birthday but when I made the thread I literally did not make the connection :emma: Swear on me mum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndyDWUW

MJ is incomporable, no one will ever top him, not Beyonce, not Madonna, not even Gaga. 

Katsuki Bakugo

MJ is and will always be the better performer because it was always HIS vision, and not a team of people telling him what to do. He didn't just rely on light shows and smoke etc He could not just dance - but he was dance incarnate. He did the vocals, the singing, the writing of the songs. 

Bey doesn't come up with the ideas, her songs are always written by like 29 people and they are basic lyrics... like Beysic as anything) 

His talent transcends generations and will never be forgotten. Her's well she is talented but lacks soul, realness and any other talent besides dancing and singing. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

ReidOne
Just now, Chaotic Anis said:

Let the legends panel decide

Yaasssss, Legends Panel!!! 

giphy.gif

boyerased

MJ. MJ made me cry. Imagine if MJ has the technological capacity of today on his peak. He would smoke Bey. But to be compared to the king is a very big accomplishment for Beyonce, what I think she needs is more soul, she seems to choreograph at times, it somehow lacks authenticity. Both of them will go down as the most accomplished performers in history. I do hope Gaga herself will have the courage to level up this era. 

1 hour ago, TEANUS said:

A good portion of Beyonce's performance tactics are HUGELY inspired by MJ so what do you think? :D

1 hour ago, Noah said:

I don't know how people can vote for Bey, when she basically stole most of the things MJ did. 

I mean I agree that MJ is the better performer, but not because Beyonce was inspired by him, of course she was.

MJ was highly influenced by Fred Astaire, James Brown and others, to the point where you could almost say he copied, but I think MJ is a better performer than Fred Astaire:

All the best learn from those that came before them.

TEANUS
8 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I mean I agree that MJ is the better performer, but not because Beyonce was inspired by him, of course she was.

MJ was highly influenced by Fred Astaire, James Brown and others, to the point where you could almost say he copied, but I think MJ is a better performer than Fred Astaire:

All the best learn from those that came before them.

Yes this is true, and both MJ and Bey brought new things to the table, but, the things MJ did continue to resonate, we'll see about Bey down the road, but, no matter how much success she has right now, you can't see her impact for years down the road

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

ItsTommyBitch

Hm... Well, performance of both of their levels is a MASSIVE team effort; neither MJ nor Beyonce exclusively came up with all of their concepts, the choreography, the execution, the costumes, etc and there's so much that goes into these things that people don't realize. 

That being said, Michael had more charisma and character, but Beyonce is more physically talented (better singer, dancer). His attire is also way way more iconic, Beyonce usually dresses similarly to her back up dancers with a twist.

I personally prefer Beyonce, but I definitely love MJ's performances too :giveup: They have a more "legendary", classic, universal appeal, where as I think lots of men and women too really may easily discredit Beyonce's immense talent.

私è‡Șèș«ă‚‚こた䞖た䞭もèȘ°ă‚‚ă‹ă‚Œă‚‚ăŒ, どんăȘă«èŻă‚„ă‹ăȘäșș生でも, どんăȘにæ‚Č惚ăȘäșș生でも, い぀かは怉èȌし, ç ŽćŁŠă•ă‚Œă€æ¶ˆæ»…ă—ăŠă—ăŸă†. すăčăŠăŒă‚‚ăšă‚‚ăšă“ăźäž–ă«ć­˜ćœšă—ăȘい侀瞬ぼćč»æƒłăȘぼだから

Frankenztein

MJ stands in a class of his own, but Bey is certaintly very talented.

I am a fan of Beyonce, but the problem I've always had with her is that she never reaches me in an emotional way. She's almost too polished and produced to the point that the soul has been shined off of her. Whereas, MJ can make me cry with performances he delivered as a CHILD. 

iMonster
1 hour ago, Melisandre said:

MJ is and will always be the better performer because it was always HIS vision, and not a team of people telling him what to do. He didn't just rely on light shows and smoke etc He could not just dance - but he was dance incarnate. He did the vocals, the singing, the writing of the songs. 

Bey doesn't come up with the ideas, her songs are always written by like 29 people and they are basic lyrics... like Beysic as anything) 

His talent transcends generations and will never be forgotten. Her's well she is talented but lacks soul, realness and any other talent besides dancing and singing. 

Quoted for cultural facts and honesty.

I like Beyonce, I do. She's leagues ahead some of the artist, using that term loosely, of today (Rihanna, Britney, Katheryn, etc.) but once again you can't compare where you don't compete. When Beyonce get's a patent and starts innovating anything then we can talk about her being mentioned with Mike. That's when we can start the discussion about music (songwriting, harmonies, different genres) and impact + legacy. But she's not even close.  

If you guys don't think Beyonce can sit with Madonna, Janet, etc or pass them then she DEFINITELY can't share the stage with MJ and I'm sure she knows. She's a GREAT performer in her own right but when it comes to MJ, lets stop the madness. MJ was his show through and through. His visions, his choreography, his everything. . . smh.  

Sleep in Peace King and Happy Birthday! He's probably looking down at this thread (and last night VMA's, especially who received his award like) : 

giphy.gif 

Is this a serious thread? :toofunny:

Did someone actually say Beyonce is a better dancer than Michael? :toofunny::toofunny:

someone lock this. It's inflammatory. 

Archived