Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

UMG reportedly bans streaming exclusives

Bolkins

Featured Posts

Battle 4 Ur Life

YAS, in your face Apple Music!

6 hours ago, Azor Ahai said:

It only encourages piracy anyway. People are not going to buy monthly subscription for an album.

more like the opposite, isn't it? people are not going to buy monthly subscription for an album, that's why it's good to have it available in multiple formats and retailers. otherwise people will have no other choice besides resort to piracy. 1989 is the supreme example.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrozenKookie

To know that PI and LG5 will be newly-eleased on Spotify is enough for me to not worry anymore and be happy.

CyanLights
7 minutes ago, FrozenKookie said:

To know that PI and LG5 will be newly-eleased on Spotify is enough for me to not worry anymore and be happy.

Unless this backfires.  This could lead to labels not putting their albums up for streaming at all (like 1989 before the apple exclusive)

Dayman
3 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

Unless this backfires.  This could lead to labels not putting their albums up for streaming at all (like 1989 before the apple exclusive)

People can just buy it or illegally download it like they always had before streaming it in that case. But, streaming is the perfect way to combat illegal downloads, so they won't be stupid enough to not release an album or song for streaming.

CyanLights
21 minutes ago, Dayman said:

People can just buy it or illegally download it like they always had before streaming it in that case. But, streaming is the perfect way to combat illegal downloads, so they won't be stupid enough to not release an album or song for streaming.

Very true, I just can't help but wonder if holding off on streaming for the first few months will actually help or not. It seemed to work well with 25, Beyonce (BEYONCE), and 1989. But maybe cause those artists are well established and in the good graces of the public eye. I personally think LG5 should be available on all major streaming sites but I wonder what path the record label will go 

iMonster

Didn't care to begin with. 

Plan on buying Gaga album physically anyway (and digital from iTunes). Hopefully it's not available for any streaming for the first 6 - 12 months. 

Get those old school album sales. 

RAMROD

Are these order affirmative already? Because if not they can still do it until then.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

boysboysboys

If this didn't happen imagine the kind of cajoling companies like Spotify will do. It will encourage corruption, destroy small-time musicians and increase requirements for original content. 

But how can they ban it if some of their artists are already signed with Tidal or Apple Music.

Arent those contracts that must be fulfilled? Otherwise it's a breach of contract if they don't deliver some form of exclusives, right? 

And Gaga is signed with Apple Music but hasn't delivered anything yet, so how would she be able to get out of the contract without upholding her end?

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

HausOfNicole

Good no need to monopolize an album with one service. You can pay Apple to promote an album to death on iTunes if that's the only concern, they don't have to have exclusive rights. 

HausOfNicole
4 hours ago, lilmonster93 said:

But how can they ban it if some of their artists are already signed with Tidal or Apple Music.

Arent those contracts that must be fulfilled? Otherwise it's a breach of contract if they don't deliver some form of exclusives, right? 

And Gaga is signed with Apple Music but hasn't delivered anything yet, so how would she be able to get out of the contract without upholding her end?

She may be under contract to promote the brand with her album, which can be done without them having exclusive rights to the material. 

It would still make sense to only allow streaming for paying customers (Apple Music, Tidal, Google Play Music, Spotify Premium) and not allow streaming for free customers (basic Spotify). 

Archived