Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Yayo is a 10/10

Yanko

Featured Posts

Dramatica

Hey, what's Lana spelled backwards?

Obama-LOL-Funny-LOL-Laugh-Laughing-Hilar

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

TerrenceV2
2 hours ago, Yanko said:

:giveup::giveup: imagine sitting in a room at night with only light coming from the fire in the fire place, 1 glass of red wine and this song on old vinyl player :giveup::giveup:

The Lizzy Grant version is better though

playground love - josef salvat

TerrenceV2
1 hour ago, Creyk said:

This song is so great.

But let's be honest most of her discography is comprised of 10/10 songs. She knows how to make great music :saira:

Ultraviolence is in my top 3 albums EVER

playground love - josef salvat

Creyk
26 minutes ago, Gaga of Time said:

Hey, what's Lana spelled backwards?

Obama-LOL-Funny-LOL-Laugh-Laughing-Hilar

Something we gays all like? :gaycat:

Just like this lovely lady

Poissonche

That song is iconic. It's so bizarre and dark, and how Lana moans throughout it adds up to the messed up feeling of it. And of course, "Let me put own a show for you dAAAddy" is better than some record labels' full material.

1 minute ago, Poissonche said:

That song is iconic. It's so bizarre and dark, and how Lana moans throughout it adds up to the messed up feeling of it. And of course, "Let me put own a show for you dAAAddy" is better than some record labels' full material.

the last verse bridge or whatever 

"Hello, heaven, you are a tunnel-lined
With yellow lights on a dark night
Yayo
Yes, you
Yayo"

ugh 

StrawberryBlond

I remember when she had released the new version of this and loved it (although I prefer the original more when I found that) and I have my own little personal connection with it. I had heard it not long before I went off to the BTWB in London. I had to travel down there for hours and my uncle lived down south and agreed to allow me and my companions to stay for a night there in between travels (little did I know that was the last time I saw him before he passed away from old age, God rest his soul). He was rich and lived all alone in this big house with solitude all around him. Well, I hadn't slept a wink the whole night I had travelled there, so when I had arrived in the morning, I was really disorientated and just wanted to stay indoors/try to sleep/get back normality while everyone else went out for the day. As it was, I just couldn't doze off and I didn't really have anything to entertain me, so I just sat in a darkened bedroom for a while, just daydreaming. And I started singing Yayo. And in that moment, being alone in a big house, in quietness, feeling a bit dazed and out of it, this song was suddenly the most depressing thing I'd ever heard. I ended up imagining a tragic music video for it, the concept behind it being someone who was so addicted to cocaine (yayo) that they viewed it as a love interest and this video would be their final overdose into death. I ended up enacting how I thought the video would look, singing it while drifting about the house, (I bet I'd be enacting High By The Beach if I did this today!) imagining a camera was following me, collapsing backwards on the bed and staring, unblinking at the ceiling at the "hello heaven" bit. So, yeah, the things you do to entertain yourself! So, whenever I hear this song, it takes me back to that moment. It's such a beautifully sombre song with a double meaning. I still like the original however, just for the bit where she she echos after "on a dark night." I don't know why that was taken out of the new version because it was perfect.

Archived