💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

MadonnaVsGaga like KanyeVsTaylor ?

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

HOTNebraskaGuy

I'm sitting here reading these comments, thinking, wait- what do I care? :awkney:

But seriously let's leave that stupid Gaga vs M stuff in 2011. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alcina Dimitrescu
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

What if, when Gaga said Madonna emailed her and said BTW was cool, she actually did and Madonna just denied it and called Gaga reductive?

That would make Gaga less Taylor in this analogy and more Kimye :gaycat: Imagine how Kanye must have felt being vilified by Taylor who told him she was cool with his lyrics, imagine how he felt when he was attacked by Taylor's squad and by the press. Imagine Kanye knowing what the truth is while he is publicly vilified again.

Maybe Gaga should pull a Kim Kardashian and release the email :gaycat:

Burden of proof was in Gaga as she was the one who was getting called a copycat. She didnt, she deals with it. Given her lack of consistency in her comments regarding BTW and her general tendency to straight up lie im inclined to believe Madonna.

Bebe
17 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

Burden of proof was in Gaga as she was the one who was getting called a copycat. She didnt, she deals with it. Given her lack of consistency in her comments regarding BTW and her general tendency to straight up lie im inclined to believe Madonna.

It wasn't a serious comment.

latina twilight

Am I the only one who never found that email thing as a big deal? :laughga: Like, it could be easily a fake mail that Gaga thought it was real, or someone close to Madonna who thought it would be okay to speak for her.

However, it's in the past, nobody outside this two fanbases remember that happened, I don't remember M or G making a big deal out of the email, while the phone call has been discussed pretty much since early this year.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

JusKeepBreathin

Madonna vs Gaga reductive 

Taylor vs Kanye. EPIC!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Didymus
2 hours ago, Ronlop said:

Oh give me a break!

As if Madonna's intention with the "reductive" comment wasn't to create this kind of discussion? Of course it was! It's very clear that she is the main part of this Madonna VS Gaga thing. The fact she wanted to promote 'Rebel Heart' by posting on her IG how much we shouldn't pit women against each other (giving Gaga as an example) doesn't mean she didn't start this **** in the first place. Madonna wasn't co-responsible for that whole mess. She was 99% responsible. 

Of course it wasn't. If that was the case she would've brought it up herself, and we all know she had the chance. When that interviewer asked her directly if she felt like Gaga was copying her she said no and didn't mention BTW at all.

Of course Madge later used the drama that ensued from that comment to her advantage, but that does not mean she calculated it. She clearly did not, otherwise she wouldn't have called Gaga talented in every single talk show she was asked about her, well beyond the release of BTW, including the interview that is now unjustly infamous as being the interview in which Madonna slammed Gaga, while actually she's calling her talented, and is even correcting the assumption that Madonna is offended by Gaga's conscious and/or unconscious borrowings from her career.

Ronlop
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Of course it wasn't. If that was the case she would've brought it up herself, and we all know she had the chance. When that interviewer asked her directly if she felt like Gaga was copying her she said no and didn't mention BTW at all.

So why did this happen?

madonna-reductive.gif

Didymus
10 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

So why did this happen?

madonna-reductive.gif

Because the interviewer insisted on asking her about BTW directly after Madonna didn't bring it up and Madonna just gave her honest thoughts about it, after having said that she felt Gaga was not trying to copy her as an artist (which, of course, was cut out of all the summaries that were shown on tv and were spread online).

If you seriously regard that as cold calculation to destroy Gaga's career then think again, honey. She obviously had no seriously bad intentions if she went as far as saying that she didn't fault Gaga for clearly borrowing from her career, consciously or unconsciously, minutes before the now infamous "reductive" comment.

As she clarified recently, Madonna only ever had a problem with the song being a rip-off, nothing else. That same sentiment shone through in that "reductive" interview, but everyone chose to ignore it because they were all dying for a feud.

River

LG vs M was a good marketing strategy.. it was all fake and made up by Interscope and the girls.

BTW sold millions already but MDNA was not the best so they promoted the feud via the MDNA tour and the EY/BTW mash-up..

Kanye Vs Taylor is just a feud between 2 egoistic people...

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Ronlop
23 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Because the interviewer insisted on asking her about BTW directly after Madonna didn't bring it up and Madonna just gave her honest thoughts about it, after having said that she felt Gaga was not trying to copy her as an artist.

If you seriously regard that as cold calculation to destroy Gaga's career then think again, honey. She obviously had no seriously bad intentions if she went as far as saying that she didn't fault Gaga for clearly borrowing from her career, consciously or unconsciously.

As she clarified recently, Madonna only ever had a problem with the song being a rip-off, nothing else. That same sentiment shone through in that "reductive" interview, but everyone chose to ignore it because they were all waiting for a feud.

She was very well aware of the consequences of that 'Reductive' comment. I'm surprised you think she is stupid.

Knowing everyone were on the edge of their seats to know her opinion about the song, out of all the answers she could've replied in order to stop from that kind of discussion to rise- she chose to use 'reductive'. I am not saying she tried to destroy her career, that's ridiculous to even say. But she did try to create a discussion and I'm very sure about that.

Another great example:

Her smile here says it all. She was aware everyone was waiting for her answer and in that specific moment, she could've clarified that she had no real problem with Gaga (which I really believe she doesn't) but she chose to continue the game of "I'm Madonna. Gaga is the threat to my throne" that the media and fans like to illustrate and she said: "I'm playing this one out.....good voice!"

She enjoyed the drama and there's no doubt about that.

Plus, Madonna is known for her shades so I'm surprised you think this was all unintentional. 

giphy.gif

Didymus
26 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

She was very well aware of the consequences of that 'Reductive' comment. I'm surprised you think she is stupid.

I don't think that and I don't think that's the impression my posts give. I already said I'm perfectly aware Madonna used the controversy to her own advantage, but that's not the same as causing it. If she wanted to do that she already had countless opportunities before that interview, incl. ones that occurred after the BTW copy allegations that she didn't even start.

Knowing everyone were on the edge of their seats to know her opinion about the song, out of all the answers she could've replied in order to stop from that kind of discussion to rise- she chose to use 'reductive'. I am not saying she tried to destroy her career, that's ridiculous to even say. But she did try to create a discussion and I'm very sure about that.

Well then you're already contradicting yourself. You said on the previous page that Madonna was 99% responsible for the whole mess, when that mess was already going on for a year without Madonna saying a word.

It's not Madonna's fault everyone was waiting for her to say something cruel about her (and again: she had so many opportunities and never used them, not even in the "reductive" interview where she defended Gaga's work - something you're still blatantly ignoring). Her taking advantage of the situation to assert herself in the face of every single interviewer having the nerve to ask her about Gaga as if she's some kind of threat to her is now her creating that whole dynamic in the first place? 100% no.

So she knew she would start a discussion about the "reductive" comment, so what? Maybe she also thought her earlier comments about Gaga would be taken into consideration. And again: why are we applying a different standard? Why shouldn't you be calling out Gaga for wanting to "start a discussion" when she made fun of Nicki's VMA look, and went to Twitter to call Katy a copycat? Did you think that escaped journalists' attention? You're trying very hard (unless I'm misinterpreting you) to act like Madonna is doing something extraordinary that no other pop star would ever have the indecency to do, but in actual fact, Gaga did it a few times already, so why are we having this discussion with so much heat from your part?

Another great example:

Her smile here says it all. She was aware everyone was waiting for her answer and in that specific moment, she could've clarified that she had no real problem with Gaga (which I really believe she doesn't) but she chose to continue the game of "I'm Madonna. Gaga is the threat to my throne" that the media and fans like to illustrate and she said: "I'm playing this one out.....good voice!"

That's just an example of Madonna once again not using the opportunity to drag Gaga as half the audience was blatantly hoping for.

She enjoyed the drama and there's no doubt about that.

Plus, Madonna is known for her shades so I'm surprised you think this was all unintentional. 

giphy.gif

I don't see how her enjoyment has anything to do with it. She clearly, genuinely, felt that Gaga ripped off one of her songs, so she had every right to call her out for it when she was directly asked about it, and enjoy the fact that a large amount of people had agreed with that opinion months before she opened her mouth about it.

To bring up Gaga again: she went to her social media accounts on her own, without being directly asked to respond to a certain issue (like Madonna was), to unambiguously slam her competition in public. That is something Madonna has not done with Gaga, so again, the intense heat in this discussion is just inappropriate imo.

Ronlop
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I don't think that and I don't think that's the impression my posts give. I already said I'm perfectly aware Madonna used the controversy to her own advantage, but that's not the same as causing it. If she wanted to do that she already had countless opportunities before that interview, incl. ones that occurred after the BTW copy allegations that she didn't even start.

Well then you're already contradicting yourself. You said on the previous page that Madonna was 99% responsible for the whole mess, when that mess was already going on for a year without Madonna saying a word.

It's not Madonna's fault everyone was waiting for her to say something cruel about her (and again: she had so many opportunities and never used them, not even in the "reductive" interview where she defended Gaga's work - something you're still blatantly ignoring). Her taking advantage of the situation to assert herself in the face of every single interviewer having the nerve to ask her about Gaga as if she's some kind of threat to her is now her creating that whole dynamic in the first place? 100% no.

So she knew she would start a discussion about the "reductive" comment, so what? Maybe she also thought her earlier comments about Gaga would be taken into consideration. And again: why are we applying a different standard? Why shouldn't you be calling out Gaga for wanting to "start a discussion" when she made fun of Nicki's VMA look, and went to Twitter to call Katy a copycat? Did you think that escaped journalists' attention? You're trying very hard (unless I'm misinterpreting you) to act like Madonna is doing something extraordinary that no other pop star would ever have the indecency to do, but in actual fact, Gaga did it a few times already, so why are we having this discussion with so much heat from your part?

That's just an example of Madonna once again not using the opportunity to drag Gaga as half the audience was blatantly hoping for.

I don't see how her enjoyment has anything to do with it. She clearly, genuinely, felt that Gaga ripped off one of her songs, so she had every right to call her out for it when she was directly asked about it, and enjoy the fact that a large amount of people had agreed with that opinion months before she opened her mouth about it.

To bring up Gaga again: she went to her social media accounts on her own, without being directly asked to respond to a certain issue (like Madonna was), to unambiguously slam her competition in public. That is something Madonna has not done with Gaga, so again, the intense heat in this discussion is just inappropriate imo.

Who said she created this? I just said she is responsible for igniting the fire which for me is not that different than creating the fire. As you well said, she took advantage in it and there is no doubt Gaga left this so called "feud" in the best way possible whereas Madonna just looked desperate for some more headlines. 

You're insulting Madonna by saying: "Maybe she also thought he earlier comments about Gaga would be taken into consideration" because Madonna is very experienced with the media and knows very well what will explode and what won't. 

I am calling out Gaga for her constant contradictions. When did I even mention Gaga being an angel when it comes to these type of things? Her making fun of Nicki's VMA look and her calling Katy a copycat and saying this rude and ridiculous statement: "What **** all I have to do with Katy Perry?" at SXSW were equally as bad as Madonna's "reductive" comment. Both are aware of their power as public figures and felt they are somehow superior among the other. It's equally embarrassing for both of them especially when they preach about the media pitting women against each other. 

"She clearly, genuinely, felt that Gaga ripped off one of her songs"- I really think you should watch that interview again. If she wanted to make it genuine, she could've just said: "You know...I like Gaga but I really feel like Born This Way sounds like Express Yourself so I'm not a fan of the song personally" . Instead, she chose using 'reductive' before drinking her tea with a shady smile on her face. That's not genuine and you don't need to be inside her brain to know that. 

I don't think she really had/has any problem with Gaga. She just took advantage on the situation as you said. But it doesn't mean she isn't 99% responsible for the bigger mess she created. 

"The world is being enough for all of us" but I'll take advantage on things like that for my own personal benefits. Talk about being cringey.

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Who said she created this? I just said she is responsible for igniting the fire which for me is not that different than creating the fire. As you well said, she took advantage in it and there is no doubt Gaga left this so called "feud" in the best way possible whereas Madonna just looked desperate for some more headlines. 

You're insulting Madonna by saying: "Maybe she also thought he earlier comments about Gaga would be taken into consideration" because Madonna is very experienced with the media and knows very well what will explode and what won't. 

I am calling out Gaga for her constant contradictions. When did I even mention Gaga being an angel when it comes to these type of things? Her making fun of Nicki's VMA look and her calling Katy a copycat and saying this rude and ridiculous statement: "What **** all I have to do with Katy Perry?" at SXSW were equally as bad as Madonna's "reductive" comment. Both are aware of their power as public figures and felt they are somehow superior among the other. It's equally embarrassing for both of them especially when they preach about the media pitting women against each other. 

"She clearly, genuinely, felt that Gaga ripped off one of her songs"- I really think you should watch that interview again. If she wanted to make it genuine, she could've just said: "You know...I like Gaga but I really feel like Born This Way sounds like Express Yourself so I'm not a fan of the song personally" . Instead, she chose using 'reductive' before drinking her tea with a shady smile on her face. That's not genuine and you don't need to be inside her brain to know that. 

I don't think she really had/has any problem with Gaga. She just took advantage on the situation as you said. But it doesn't mean she isn't 99% responsible for the bigger mess she created. 

I feel like you're observing what happened as if it were a movie and not real life. Like, yes she did smile and drink her tea, but how the hell was she supposed to know that the interviewer wasn't going to know what "reductive" meant? If she had, then that interview could've gone entirely differently, and that's a possibility you need to integrate in your posts when you're going to talk about her intentions.

Once again, quit ignoring my arguments: then why didn't she make something explode a lot earlier? Then why did she run the risk of that interview never having something negative about Gaga at all (because again: she only said something negative about Gaga when she was directly asked about a topic she had herself deliberately avoided)? Then why did she use her other opportunities for negativity on something positive? Answer that directly.

Anyway, I'm glad we agree that the "reductive" comment wasn't out of this world awful and incomparable to some of the Gaga shade she threw. That already makes me feel more at ease.

Archived