BUtterfield 8 41,881 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,249 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 I know nothing about this movie... but now I'm intrigued I LOVE when a trailer reels you in by doing very little Another example: Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,249 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Oh **** its the blood test lady Very weird. Will watch 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,349 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 I’m entranced. Her expression is like a bowl of eggs Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
artichoke 542 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Im obsessed with her case and idk why ive watched the dropout, multiple documentaries on youtube and out for blood in max, looking forward for this Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CautiousLurker 19,977 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Ngl by the title I kinda assumed this was gonna be another sequel to Now You See Me Now you can see everything, even Jesse Esienberg's c**k Anyway, this does look very intriguing but I just really don't want to sit in the feelings Nathan Fielder's work evokes, probably because I am THEE socially awkward person everyone side-eyes, so seeing that on display in his work makes me feeling like I'm being forced to sit in the back and silently watch people consume a packaged version of my experience for thrills and fun... not fun for me Also, I hope this doesn't keep building up her mythos, like... she's gonna get royalties from this isn't she It's a joke! When you give me that look, it's a joke! Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helxig 45,815 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Wait I'm so confused so Amanda Seyfriend starred in a movie portraying Elizabeth Holmes' story a few years ago and now Elizabeth is out of jail irl and Nathan Fielder has hired her to portray herself in another adaptation of her story? Am I following correctly? I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MadArchitect 1,511 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 3 hours ago, Helxig said: Wait I'm so confused so Amanda Seyfriend starred in a movie portraying Elizabeth Holmes' story a few years ago and now Elizabeth is out of jail irl and Nathan Fielder has hired her to portray herself in another adaptation of her story? Am I following correctly? but it says it's supposedly a documentary too, so i don't understand, it seems set up and scripted and that wouldn't be what a documentary actually is... 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helxig 45,815 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 5 minutes ago, MadArchitect said: but it says it's supposedly a documentary too, so i don't understand, it seems set up and scripted and that wouldn't be what a documentary actually is... My best guess is she wasn't happy with the way her story was told in the Amanda Seyfried movie, so they decided to 'tell the real story from her own perspective', but they're marketing it as a documentary to.. idk make it seem like the 'more legit' version? whatever it is it's a mess And her playing herself just confused the sh.it outta me because this was my thought process: wait, didn't Amanda Seyfried just portray Elizabeth Holmes in a movie? So someone is doing another one? So soon? Wait that's literally her, isn't it? Let me Google that... and it just kept coming up with the Amanda Seyfried version and this trailer and no acting credits under her own name.. which just led to more confusion and more questions I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
IllusionLover 7,903 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 4 hours ago, CautiousLurker said: Ngl by the title I kinda assumed this was gonna be another sequel to Now You See Me Now you can see everything, even Jesse Esienberg's c**k Anyway, this does look very intriguing but I just really don't want to sit in the feelings Nathan Fielder's work evokes, probably because I am THEE socially awkward person everyone side-eyes, so seeing that on display in his work makes me feeling like I'm being forced to sit in the back and silently watch people consume a packaged version of my experience for thrills and fun... not fun for me Also, I hope this doesn't keep building up her mythos, like... she's gonna get royalties from this isn't she She probably makes money from the movies/series that depict the case, I think she was the one who gave the rights to make them, she even invited the director to make the documentary before she went to jail 13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
IllusionLover 7,903 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 1 minute ago, Helxig said: My best guess is she wasn't happy with the way her story was told in the Amanda Seyfried movie, so they decided to 'tell the real story from her own perspective', but they're marketing it as a documentary to.. idk make it seem like the 'more legit' version? whatever it is it's a mess And her playing herself just confused the sh.it outta me because this was my thought process: wait, didn't Amanda Seyfried just portray Elizabeth Holmes in a movie? So someone is doing another one? So soon? Wait that's literally her, isn't it? Let me Google that... and it just kept coming up with the Amanda Seyfried version and this trailer and no acting credits under her own name.. which just led to more confusion and more questions Wait til you hear JLaw was about to make a movie too, she dropped out (pun intended) because she said that Amanda's version of the character was already good enough to make it again. 13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helxig 45,815 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 3 minutes ago, IllusionLover said: Wait til you hear JLaw was about to make a movie too, she dropped out (pun intended) because she said that Amanda's version of the character was already good enough to make it again. Who the hell is greenlighting all these projects wtf And probably the most surprising thing is seeing A24 attached to this one. What the hell are they doing? I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
IllusionLover 7,903 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 1 hour ago, Helxig said: Who the hell is greenlighting all these projects wtf And probably the most surprising thing is seeing A24 attached to this one. What the hell are they doing? I think Elizabeth herself is she still in Jail?? 13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Red 99,632 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 I am so sorry but there is no way on Earth this was spontaneous, non-scripted. No human acts and talks like that and I’m talking about the both of them. If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Red 99,632 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 10 hours ago, artichoke said: Im obsessed with her case and idk why ive watched the dropout, multiple documentaries on youtube and out for blood in max, looking forward for this Unpopular opinion: Dropout was not that good. The HBO Max documentary is soooooo much better. If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.