LGAte 1,418 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Democratic candidate for Governor Amy Acton, (former Head of the Department of Health), who is running against Republican Pharma Billionaire Vivek Ramaswamy in the hotly contested state of Ohio, was attacked this evening. A man wielding brass knuckles, a knife, and a gun jumped up and injured two senior citizens and jumped them and began lunging toward Acton while she was giving a speech. link: https://fox8.com/news/multiple-people-injured-after-armed-suspect-lunges-at-amy-acton-at-canfield-fair-spokesperson/amp/ 10 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Concertaholic 6,679 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 When I was in college I thought it’d be cool to run for office one day but now as an adult you couldn’t pay me a million dollars to do it… 1 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bxr 3,215 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 (edited) Thanks for sharing; I’m not sure when this would have crossed my radar otherwise Again, just for the sake of reference, now that investor networks are relevant—what is it with the Founders Fund faction and social upheaval? Spoiler Sources: [1] [2] [3] ETA: Oh, there‘s the Musk link—Founders Fund‘s Luke Nosek was SpaceX‘s first institutional investor through said Fund, and Nosek currently sits on SpaceX‘s company Board; his present VC firm, Gigafund, also backs Neuralink And there‘s the Trump link—Founders Fund‘s Ken Howery is literally a two-time Trump appointee … 2019-2021, Ambassador to Sweden; 2025-Present, Ambassador to Denmark Whew, Polansky really rode in on four horsemen of the technocraticpocalypse … Spoiler [ https://www.gigafund.com/ ] [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Howery ] But/and again, I’m still new and novice here, and have no idea how any of this VC network stuff works … just learning and gleaning as we go along Edited September 7 by bxr Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr S 8,833 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Were they listening to Gaga? Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,261 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 1 minute ago, Mr S said: Were they listening to Gaga? 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,390 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 14 hours ago, Concertaholic said: When I was in college I thought it’d be cool to run for office one day but now as an adult you couldn’t pay me a million dollars to do it… I went through this same thing in the UK with the Brexit referendum and then the Labour party civil war during the Corbyn era The gays know how to party Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,135 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Extending the usual human sympathies but I wonder if this'll have an effect on the race? She's not favored to win, even though the Democratic candidate for senate is leading. I wonder if this boosts both and increases the chances of Brown pulling her over the line? Whimsical bitch 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,390 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 1 hour ago, PartySick said: Extending the usual human sympathies but I wonder if this'll have an effect on the race? She's not favored to win, even though the Democratic candidate for senate is leading. I wonder if this boosts both and increases the chances of Brown pulling her over the line? You'd hope so, but I feel like this is barely making a ripple in the news media The gays know how to party 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bxr 3,215 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 26 minutes ago, Bronco said: You'd hope so, but I feel like this is barely making a ripple in the news media Curious … it‘s almost as if news media is a corporate industry … which curates the dominant social narrative in line with their sponsors‘ interests … and Ramaswamy represents three of their top five advertising sectors … y‘know, almost, hypothetically … but/and again, as always, I’m new and novice here, so I never know how industry operates Spoiler [ Source ] Spoiler Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.