💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The reason why Bowie's son hate Gaga's performance

ThatAsianGuy

Featured Posts

Bolkins

I think she did what she could with the situation she was faced with, she had to used the intel tech as they had a deal before hand and she couldn't just ignore the fact that David Bowie had just died. I do feel the best parts of her performance was the beginning with the make up and the end when she did heroes, if the whole performance had been like those two parts she wouldn't of had the back lash, BUT I also think she had a designated time slot she needed to fill and only one chance to tribute him like that, so she went all out and made it a celebration instead of the somber sort of tributes that were used to. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats retarded. bowie was all about being revolutionary. thats the most bowie thing about gaga - the attempt to fuse fashion music technology and revulotion into one performance art concept. and thats exactly what she delivered at the grammys... it was certainly the best tribute he could get/ he got.

TheBatman

Big Bowie fan here and to me...The general vibe was just not Bowie, the costume didn't even read Bowie, plus she did that weird voice she does sometimes, the dance moves were nothing like Bowie ever did, and the whole thing came off as a Gaga show off/Intel commercial. It didn't seem reverent.

Bebe

I loved Gaga's performance, but I can see why Bowie's family might not like it.

Nobody can compare to your Dad. Seeing someone dress up as your Dad and perform his songs is weird, it's clearly going to look like a cheap, poor version of their loved one. It's going to seem vastly inferior compared to the loved one you love and respect.

I think the tribute did Bowie proud, I think she tributed the man in every way imaginable and I think it was a great performance. But I can see things from Duncan's perspective. From Duncan's perspective Gaga is dressing up as his recently deceased father, trying to copy the way he moves and is performing a rushed medley of his songs. That's kinda weird right? To him that's going to feel like a cheap impersonation of his Dad.

DrewStevens

No one here knows the actual reason so all this speculation is pointless. He doesn't like Gaga, fine. He doesn't have to be asshole anyway.

Swan Heart
3 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I loved Gaga's performance, but I can see why Bowie's family might not like it.

Nobody can compare to your Dad. Seeing someone dress up as your Dad and perform his songs is weird, it's clearly going to look like a cheap, poor version of their loved one. It's going to seem vastly inferior compared to the loved one you love and respect.

I think the tribute did Bowie proud, I think she tributed the man in every way imaginable and I think it was a great performance. But I can see things from Duncan's perspective. From Duncan's perspective Gaga is dressing up as his recently deceased father, trying to copy the way he moves and is performing a rushed medley of his songs. That's kinda weird right? To him that's going to feel like a cheap impersonation of his Dad.

Thank you. I can understand his disapproval, honestly.

+ The whole thing felt a little bit like an Intel commercial, which annoyed me a little bit.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

PartySick
29 minutes ago, Andrew Warhola said:

He shared that cryptic tweet before the performance had even taken place, which basically disproves the hypothesis that he had an issue with the tribute itself.

As you already mentioned, it could have either been Intel's involvement or perhaps a deep-rooted conflict between Gaga and David Bowie. (Even though Gaga said they were pen pals :rip:)

If it's about the Intel deal, which had previously been arrangedm I personally wouldn't hold it against her. However, if Gaga knew that Bowie's family would take issue with her performing a tribute for him, because of a feud she was aware of, then that would be extremely disappointing and quite frankly disrespectful.

But I honestly don't see the point in dwelling on these thoughts, when there's just an immense lack of disclosure. At the end of the day it is what it is. Slay the slain. :unicorn:

:applause:

It's weird how many people forget that he shared that obvious Gaga shade before she even took the stage.

Holding Intel's involvement against her isn't fair either 'cause it was Intel and Gaga's thing turned into a Bowie tribute practically at the last second.

Looking back, even though I loved her performance, I kind of wish they had just stuck to the original plan but what's done is done. Here we sit, months later, with a bothered man and a great performance, I think I'd rather focus on the latter. Especially since we don't know the full story as to why his son is so miffed :awkney:

💚

darkchylde
42 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I'm sure Gaga herself would roll her eyes at this comment.

??

because he's dead i'm not allowed to say that he treated gaga like an asshole? idk what y'all have with protectingthis man, like, i love his work like the most, but that doesn't blind me from seeing that he was a bit of an asshole

colours
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Hmm. I don't know. I think Bowie just didn't like her, and Gaga knew that, so for her to do a tribute anyway felt like a slap in the face of his family, especially because she actually dressed up as David. The reason you presented is valid too, I think that was just the cherry on top.

I was just thinking the other day how the performance would have been received had she not dressed up like a bowie/elvis impersonator mixed into one.

colours
3 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

??

because he's dead i'm not allowed to say that he treated gaga like an asshole? idk what y'all have with protectingthis man, like, i love his work like the most, but that doesn't blind me from seeing that he was a bit of an asshole

Someone disliking someone or their work, and even making comments about disliking someone and their work does not make someone an asshole. It just makes the people who think that person is an asshole look weak as ****. Nothing is offensive, people can only be offended. And it's annoying.

darkchylde
3 minutes ago, colours said:

Someone disliking someone or their work, and even making comments about disliking someone and their work does not make someone an asshole. It just makes the people who think that person is an asshole look weak as ****. Nothing is offensive, people can only be offended. And it's annoying.

the point is: it's not about bowie dislking gaga's work, it's about he keeping that shady attitude towards her i.e. that post he/his team made about the collab rumors.

Didymus
8 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

??

That's not all you said. You also said Gaga topped David's entire career and that he was an asshole to her because she was talented and was able to carry out his own artistic philosophy better than he ever had.

That has nothing to do with protecting a man, that has everything to do with trying to combat cheap shots and fantasies to make Gaga look superior just because someone might not have liked her.

Gaga loved David and I don't believe for a second she ever deemed herself to be topping his career.

Bonkers

I can tell you exactly why he hates her.

She was inspired by him, and used the inspiration to become a pop culture phenomenon.  

Meanwhile, he (whatever his dumb name is) hasn't done much with the inspiration he actually lived with.  

Jealous.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

VOLANTIS
1 hour ago, Britney Spears said:

I have no problem with him disliking the performance.I have a problem with him being rude and insulting Gaga like an asshole...

Exactly this. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived