BlondeQueenOfGGD

Featured Posts

Angel Down

I love it more when she makes her vocals sound deeper with more volume 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AyaKara

My dad and I watched the tribute and we were cheering when Gaga came out, but I'll never forget this night because my sister and my mom had a screaming match halfway through Gaga's and the following performances :rip:

giskardsb

I love her energy and the pure joy of music she displays here.

@Didymus I suspect Gaga can hear her own piano but they left her completely out of the live mix or really low.    The keyboard player in the band is obviously doing all the real work the audience is hearing.

Didymus
17 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

@Didymus I suspect Gaga can hear her own piano but they left her completely out of the live mix or really low.    The keyboard player in the band is obviously doing all the real work the audience is hearing.

There's no piano in the original track and I can imagine it would sound absolutely horrible if there actually was. So I don't think so. Looking at her fingers she's not playing something significant.

#giveitup :gaycat:

giskardsb
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

There's no piano in the original track and I can imagine it would sound absolutely horrible if there actually was. So I don't think so. Looking at her fingers she's not playing something significant.

#giveitup :gaycat:

Technically it wasn't a piano it was an electric piano like a Rhodes :)   Which would have sounded fine but I don't think any of the sound made it anywhere if it was plugged in at all.   All I'm saying is that Gaga could probably hear it because even "miming" it's annoying for a musician if they can't at least hear themselves.  But her sound didn't go past her own monitors.

Didymus
2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Technically it wasn't a piano it was an electric piano like a Rhodes :) Which would have sounded fine but I don't think any of the sound made it anywhere if it was plugged in at all.   All I'm saying is that Gaga could probably hear it because even "miming" it's annoying for a musician if they can't at least hear themselves. But her sound didn't go past her own monitors.

No it wouldn't have sounded fine.

I think you're trying way too hard to fight something that's very obvious :chica: I can see she's miming in her face alone. And I don't buy for a second that she could hear her instrument but no one else could, that's a technical impossibility. It can only happen the other way around: her not hearing her piano but everyone else being able to.

She mimed, big deal, it was a fantastic performance. She also mimed every single night at the artRave so clearly she isn't above it or whatever.

giskardsb
16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

And I don't buy for a second that she could hear her instrument but no one else could, that's a technical impossibility.

dude, a Rhodes piano is basically the sound that the bands keyboard player was using for the main riff.  She would have blended right in.

I'm not even arguing that she wasn't "miming", I'm saying that she might at least have had sound on for herself.  It's not technically impossible at all if you've ever dealt with live sound.  her keyboard would have gone to the main mixer and have been bounced to her ear monitor, but not mixed into the live sound.  She would have had the sound for reference even if it never made it out to the main speakers.

colbyxreeves

This performance is criminally underrated! Her performance was the highlight of the night.

let's funk downtown

Didymus
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

dude, a Rhodes piano is basically the exact sound that the bands keyboard player was using. She would have blended right in.

I'm not talking about sound, I'm talking about the keys she was hitting, and in what rhythm, and how that would sound. With the original song arrangement in mind I just think it's ludicrous to suggest there'd be two keyboard instruments supporting her vocals in general.

2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

It's not technically impossible at all if you've ever dealt with live sound.  her keyboard would have gone to the main mixer and have been bounced to her ear monitor, but not mixed into the live sound.  She would have had the sound for reference even if it never made it out to the main speakers.

And that would just continue like that for the entire performance? I can't imagine that, especially when there is a signal for her own ear monitors. Shouldn't be hard to fix that in a few seconds.

It's a lot more plausible that Gaga deliberately mimed, giving off the impression that she was playing the organ being heard. When the camera shows her hands it's clear (to me, a life-long piano player) she's playing nonsense. And like I said, I can't imagine any arranger would allow two keyboard instruments to cancel each other out/cause a chaotic mess.

9 hours ago, Didymus said:

Well, to be fair, what she's pretending to play is very hard to pull off while you're singing too, especially in a fast-paced track like this.

I just wish (   ) she would've just stood in front of a mic and danced ha ass off then. It's just too obvious she's not playing and even if it weren't, I dunno it's weird for her to pretend in the first place and think that's a good, admirable idea

What if she's that good 

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Go to 3:30.

If u are as big as she is u can't be the only one playing at a time (I guess) that's why they rehearse so that the other person can cover for em 

giskardsb
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

smh

Weird how there's so much resistance towards something so simple.

Dude its not worth arguing about, clearly Gaga's playing, or not playing, was not heard by the audience in any case, and she obviously knew it wasn't going to be heard.   

Archived