Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Scotland seeks independence again after UK Brexit vote


Erotica

Featured Posts

Erotica

Looks like the end of UK is close

 

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Looks like the end of UK is close

 

Not sure where that source is from but I don't think the result would be anywhere as dramatic as that, especially given that Brexit annoyances will eventually settle. I voted Remain (mostly on moral grounds), would probably vote for Irish reunification and support Scottish independence but opinions could easily be swayed by an active pro-UK campaign. 

It's only a matter of time 'til the Act of Union 1707 (and hopefully 1801 :green: ) are repealed though :spin: - although tbf i have no idea whether those laws even have any relevance, I just like that they mention 'union' for the irony :air:  

Link to post
Share on other sites

StrawberryBlond

The SNP can shove this idea where the sun don't shine. They're just like a spoilt child throwing their toys out the pram because they didn't get what they wanted and they're going to keep on screaming until they get their way. ANYTHING, no matter how unrelated, to bring it back around to independence. They don't seem to know what democracy means. It means you get the chance to get things to go your own way, but aren't guaranteed. It doesn't translate into making referendum after referendum until you get your way. The last independence vote was something I don't ever want to endure again for as long as I live. Scots who lived in harmony before turning against one another, violence, stress, people fearing for their jobs. Screw this party who are p*****g off its people and disrupting their lives. Focus on making the best out of what you have and stop focusing on tearing everything we know apart. In today's society, we have to work together. Refusal to cooperation is not the Scotland I know and love! I've got enough on my plate already without this ragtag crew making things even more stressful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Erotica
5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The SNP can shove this idea where the sun don't shine. They're just like a spoilt child throwing their toys out the pram because they didn't get what they wanted and they're going to keep on screaming until they get their way. ANYTHING, no matter how unrelated, to bring it back around to independence. They don't seem to know what democracy means. It means you get the chance to get things to go your own way, but aren't guaranteed. It doesn't translate into making referendum after referendum until you get your way. The last independence vote was something I don't ever want to endure again for as long as I live. Scots who lived in harmony before turning against one another, violence, stress, people fearing for their jobs. Screw this party who are p*****g off its people and disrupting their lives. Focus on making the best out of what you have and stop focusing on tearing everything we know apart. In today's society, we have to work together. Refusal to cooperation is not the Scotland I know and love! I've got enough on my plate already without this ragtag crew making things even more stressful.

Speaking of democracy, is it fair that Scotland and Northern Ireland are being forced out of the EU against their will since the people voted to remain in the EU?

and speaking of working together, how ironic that you say that when UK just decided to leave a union.

 

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
Link to post
Share on other sites

Goosey
19 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The SNP can shove this idea where the sun don't shine. They're just like a spoilt child throwing their toys out the pram because they didn't get what they wanted and they're going to keep on screaming until they get their way. ANYTHING, no matter how unrelated, to bring it back around to independence. They don't seem to know what democracy means. It means you get the chance to get things to go your own way, but aren't guaranteed. It doesn't translate into making referendum after referendum until you get your way. The last independence vote was something I don't ever want to endure again for as long as I live. Scots who lived in harmony before turning against one another, violence, stress, people fearing for their jobs. Screw this party who are p*****g off its people and disrupting their lives. Focus on making the best out of what you have and stop focusing on tearing everything we know apart. In today's society, we have to work together. Refusal to cooperation is not the Scotland I know and love! I've got enough on my plate already without this ragtag crew making things even more stressful.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

 

You were just in the other thread saying the Brexit vote must be redone because it's a major decision, the public was not properly informed, and 51.9% voting "Leave" was not a large enough margin.

Now you're saying Scotland is "throwing the toys out the pram" because they want to redo their vote? Scotland has far more reason to redo their vote. Things have changed dramatically. In fact, the reason they chose to stay in the UK no longer exists!

Let me remind you that a major reason Scotland voted to stay was because the Scots wanted to remain in the European Union. The Scots were told they would be vetoed from rejoining the EU if they left.

Now after scaring them into staying so they could remain part of the EU... England drags them out of the EU? And you say calling for a redo is "throwing the toys out the pram"?

 

 

The vote was 55.3% in favour of staying. According to your posts in the other thread, that's not good enough and deserves a redo. (" The petition states that regardless of the verdict, they just want it to be at least 60% either way").

 

Frankly, I think you don't care about whether these referendums are fair or democratic, you are simply protesting results you don't like! :usrs:

 

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dominic

I think it's in their right to hold a second referendum. The entire country voted to remaim, that should say something.

However, I would not like to see Scotland leave, I believe in the unity. Although I'm not sure they would have the stability and that's even if the EU accepts them as an independent state. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
Link to post
Share on other sites

StrawberryBlond
21 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Speaking of democracy, is it fair that Scotland and Northern Ireland are being forced out of the EU against their will since the people voted to remain in the EU?

and speaking of working together, how ironic that you say that when UK just decided to leave a union.

 

No, it isn't. I am fully supportive of the ones who voted a majority Remain to stay in the EU if it's possible, although, we are all one country so it's unlikely to happen. In an ideal world, it would, though. But I just don't want independence brought into it.

That's the point. I'm saying that all this breaking apart is not the Britain I know and I don't like what we're becoming.

20 hours ago, Goosey said:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

 

You were just in the other thread saying the Brexit vote must be redone because it's a major decision, the public was not properly informed, and 51.9% voting "Leave" was not a large enough margin.

Now you're saying Scotland is "throwing the toys out the pram" because they want to redo their vote? Scotland has far more reason to redo their vote. Things have changed dramatically. In fact, the reason they chose to stay in the UK no longer exists!

Let me remind you that a major reason Scotland voted to stay was because the Scots wanted to remain in the European Union. The Scots were told they would be vetoed from rejoining the EU if they left.

Now after scaring them into staying so they could remain part of the EU... England drags them out of the EU? And you say calling for a redo is "throwing the toys out the pram"?

 

 

The vote was 55.3% in favour of staying. According to your posts in the other thread, that's not good enough and deserves a redo. (" The petition states that regardless of the verdict, they just want it to be at least 60% either way").

 

Frankly, I think you don't care about whether these referendums are fair or democratic, you are simply protesting results you don't like! :usrs:

 

I knew you would say that. But you're just not looking at the facts correctly.

Scotland as a whole does not want to redo their vote. It's the SNP and their bitter supporters who want to redo it. The majority voted no, just like they did in the 70's. Another referendum shouldn't take place for another 40 years or so, just like the last one. And being part of the EU is NOT the only reason Scots voted to stay in the UK, how dare you simplify our votes to something so trivial. It's because prices were going to go up, jobs were going to be lost, our funding stopped, all the achievements we'd made as a nation ripped apart. Being part of the EU was way down on my list of reasons as to why I voted to remain part of the UK. It was all those other things that concerned No voters the most, that's why we chose to stay. And nobody "scared" me into voting no, but the way, I came to the decision intellectually myself. Yes supporters try to make out like No voters were a bunch of chickens who got taken in by Project Fear. They have not respected our intelligence and foresight once.

The Scottish referendum was different. Yes, there was only a difference of 400,000 or so between both sides but when there's only 3.6 million votes cast, that is massive, plus there's only 5.3 million people in the whole of Scotland anyway, so over 60% of the country decided the fate of the rest of the country. Brexit had a difference of just 1.2 million out of a whopping 33.8 million votes, which is a meaningless difference. 1.2 million decided the fate of an entire country of over 60 million. Just over half the country voted and in a country of over 60 million, over something so huge, that isn't good enough. And the Scottish referendum had a turn-out of 84%, the kind of turn-out dreams are made of. Brexit only had a 72% turnout which ordinarily would be brilliant, but simply wasn't good enough for a vote of this magnitude. Both cases are completely different.

I am fighting for something much more than a result I don't like. This is based on fact and fairness. This whole thing is a farce.

20 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

I think it's in their right to hold a second referendum. The entire country voted to remaim, that should say something.

However, I would not like to see Scotland leave, I believe in the unity. Although I'm not sure they would have the stability and that's even if the EU accepts them as an independent state. 

A whole lot of people voted Leave too. Over 1 million (out of 2.6 million votes from Scotland in total) voted Leave. The SNP are talking as if the whole country wanted the same thing, they didn't. I voted Remain but even I think it's deplorable how things have been twisted to make it sound like we all wanted the same thing. The SNP are snakes. It's funny, when the Scottish referendum took place, they were keen to point out that just because all those constituencies had an overall No votes, there were hundreds of thousands who thought differently and some votes were very close. But apparently, there's no room for interpretation on this Brexit vote - the WHOLE of Scotland wanted to remain, apparently. That is factually incorrect and they know it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Princess Die
On 6/24/2016 at 6:38 AM, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I'm curious, what has the Queen said about all this?

Clearly she must not be happy with it

queen-elizabeth-ii-008.jpg

I thought Scotland didn't like that witch. :toofunny:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saint Laurent
57 minutes ago, Princess Die said:

I thought Scotland didn't like that witch. :toofunny:

Treason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...