question

Was the cancelled SHICD/Monster Double Feature Rumor True?

GagasFilthyPop

Featured Posts

GagasFilthyPop

Was it true that Gaga planned for a double single release after "Alejandro" to close The Fame Monster?

I remember seeing a screenshot of a very convincing Tumblr post on Twitter about a year or two ago about a supposed double feature release of "So Happy I Could Die" and "Monster" into one music film. According to the post, the video opens with "Monster" as Gaga is running in the woods, away from a wolf or a pack of them, dressed in a ripped, dirty, and blood-stained white dress. After running throughout the song, she stops and ends up encountering an abandoned house that's in a horrible condition. That's when "So Happy I Could Die" starts. I don't remember that much from a very thought-out post, but it apparently ends with either Gaga shooting herself with a gun she finds or simply bleeding to death. The post had a picture of a woodsy scenery that may have been a screenshot of the actual music film, or just a simple stock image.

Obviously, I don't completely believe with the post since it doesn't have any receipts, but that always stayed in my head. It wasn't popular enough to be proven false by Monsters, so did Gaga had any plans for another single release, or two at the same time? Honestly, I could see visuals that related to that considered or included in that era. Does anyone have any more information on this or where the post is?

Would you see it as an actual Gaga music film?

"We could be caught, we're both convicted criminals of thought."

VOLANTIS

Probably just a little monster and their imagination. Nothing wrong with that. But it's highly unlikely she'd do more singles from that album after the whole dispute over whether Alejandro or Dance in the Dark should be the closing single. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

well that explains the blade benches at the monster ball tour during 'Monster' 

The Lady and the Legend coming soon.

Spyro

Nope, no more singles were planned after 'Alejandro'.

Spyro the Dragon

Gangie
2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

She said in one interview that she wanted MONSTER to be a single but there wasn't enough time between Alejandro and Born This Way because of TMBT.

If I like it, then that's what I get!

kvnrp
2 minutes ago, Gangie said:

She said in one interview that she wanted MONSTER to be a single but there wasn't enough time between Alejandro and Born This Way because of TMBT.

But Gaga wouldn't even need to promo Monster, the radios were already playing it because everyone was thirsty for BTW 

TimisaMonster

She simply didn't have time between Alejandro and BTW era starting to do another single era for TFM...sad because Monster and DITD definitely had single potential for a couple more singles to stretch out the era, but back then Gaga was pumping out albums and was already in a different creative focus...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

theARTVampire

Monster and Dance in the Dark were released as radio-singles in selected countries in fall 2010

Lucas

I doubt it's true, she wouldn't rotten at the end of the Alejandro video to symbolise the end of the era & her future rebirth for the next era

What do you guys think about it?

Fiona Apple
1 hour ago, theARTVampire said:

Monster and Dance in the Dark were released as radio-singles in selected countries in fall 2010

I don't think that Monster was

theARTVampire
Just now, Britney Spears said:

I don't think that Monster was

Monster was released in Germany for example, but it didn't charted very good

weed

it would've been so amazing :giveup:

monster is sooo good and so is SHICD (ahead of it's time imo)

erfaan

Dance in the Dark was released as a radio single in AUS to test the waters I think. Only peaked at #14 i think?

Kulture Kiari
5 hours ago, Spyro said:

What? Really? I thought DITD was supposed to be the next single after Alejando before plans got scrapped. It even got released as a single in some countries. 

Archived