Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

Lady Gaga won't receive an Emmy for TIHTY even if song is nominated & wins

asana15

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

I don't care. Gaga was just co-writing. Diane is dying for an award for this song, she deserves it. Let Diane have her moment. Gaga has 200 awards anyway.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VOLANTIS

Here for it for Queen Diane. :diane:

Gaga could win one for AHS.

So SLAY anyways Queens. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Judas Oyster
5 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Gaga, an artist who insisted on writing and producing all of her songs on her albums, did not contribute enough to an Oscar (and possibly Emmy) nominated song. :giveup:

What was she thinking?

What? I'm confused. Are you saying she barely made the song herself? I thought she was the producer, while Warren and her the lyricists o.O 

crisTEAne
14 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

What? I'm confused. Are you saying she barely made the song herself? I thought she was the producer, while Warren and her the lyricists o.O 

you're right, don't worry. :diane:

diane: "She made it hers and took it to another level by arranging the **** out of it and singing the **** out of it."

plus linda perry already apologized for being an asshole.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

crisTEAne
5 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

search about it

nice convo. next time, please, don't quote me unless you actually have evidence to prove your point. as you can see above, i have looked up diane's comments/tweets and i believe her over linda perry. 

giskardsb
4 hours ago, Killa said:

Maybe we should just burry this Till it happens, i'm done with the song, Gaga must be beyond done with it, there's nothing more to gain, it had some impact, let it die. And let's not have this kind of situations again, Emmy's saying Gaga didn't contribute enough to get nominated is just disastrous, so i better forget this mess. I'm really glad she didn't get that Oscar.

maybe we should all consider why the song exists in the first place rather than complaining that it isn't giving enough awards to Gaga.    The reason she did this song had nothing to do with winning Oscars or Emmys for it.  She knew she could give it a passionate performance that put forth an important message. There is always "something to gain" if this song helps someone.

Killa
21 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

maybe we should all consider why the song exists in the first place rather than complaining that it isn't giving enough awards to Gaga.    The reason she did this song had nothing to do with winning Oscars or Emmys for it.  She knew she could give it a passionate performance that put forth an important message. There is always "something to gain" if this song helps someone.

Oh ofc it was and probably still is an important song for many people. It was for me as well. I wouldn't Gaga having that Egot title, but i really don't think that matters. It's more this half truth about the composition and all that. And i don't think the song is that good and i feel Gaga is on a new page already.

Bradley
1 hour ago, Judas Oyster said:

Producing doesn't count, however. Gaga and Diane were both writers of the song but apparently Gaga's involvement in the writing process wasn't substantial enough to be a winner of that Emmy category.

Btw, lyricist is not the same as writer, I believe.

Andrew Warhola
3 hours ago, T E A said:

it's beyond disrespectful and insulting to gaga's integrity to question her involvement like that. why would you believe linda perry instead of her? or: why would you not believe diane and gagz? shameful. 

No matter how much of a Gaga fan you are, you have to admit that the way that whole writing fiasco was resolved raised a whole lot of questions. Linda Perry claimed that the only difference between the demo and the final version is one line. You can't pretend that her apology "I wasn't in the room when the #TIHTY was being written" is even remotely in accordance with her first accusation. If she heard Diane's demo and it's barely different from the final version, then it's completely irrelevant what happened in the process.

Even before Linda's response, Diane's tweet where she carefully chose her words to express absolutely nothing, are a reason to be skeptical. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

That being said, I wasn't in the room nor have I listened to the demo, so there is no way of telling whether Gaga's input is indeed as insignificant as described in Linda Perry's first accusations. All I'm saying is that if anyone continues to have doubts, you can't really hold it against them.

4 hours ago, T E A said:

anyway, what does that mean that gaga's "cue sheets are below the standard they require"? i don't get it. 

"An accurately filled out cue sheet is a log of all the music used in a production.This information includes:"

Spoiler

Series/Film Title

Series/Film Title AKA

Episode Title

Episode Title AKA

Episode Number

Air Date

Show Length

Music Length

Production Company Information

Song/Cue Title

Composer

Publisher

Performing rights society

Timing

Usage

"If there is more than one composer for an individual piece of music, or if the writer and publisher split their royalties on other than a 50/50 basis, this must also be indicated on the cue sheet, and these become important factors in BMI's payment calculations."

http://www.bmi.com/creators/detail/what_is_a_cue_sheet

I'm assuming that "[Gaga's] cue sheets are below the standard they require" means that the cue sheets have either not been filled out properly and that the royalties are not transparent enough for them to calculate Gaga's involvement in the final product. Or that the her royalties are too small and don't meet the requirements. (It's probably the latter).

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

sipthistea

Let's get clear for a second.

Many of you are claiming that Gaga didn't do sh*t in that song, and you all believe what that Linda Perry b*tch said.

But, according to Diane, Gaga had an important involvement in the production of the track. And she also gave it life, as it became a more powerful song than what it used to be. It's pretty unfair to not give recognition to the Gagz, when she's always an important input in the work she does. 

Even if she doesn't win, the song wouldn't be as big as it is without Gaga.

And who cares if she didn't write more than a line? Diane decided to give her credit, and Gaga made the song come to life. So sit down, you little naysayers. 

Runway

Linda Perry can stay mad and forever trapped in 2002 when she was relevant

crisTEAne
40 minutes ago, Andrew Warhola said:

No matter how much of a Gaga fan you are, you have to admit that the way that whole writing fiasco was resolved raised a whole lot of questions. Linda Perry claimed that the only difference between the demo and the final version is one line.

Even before Linda's response, Diane's tweet where she carefully chose her words to express absolutely nothing, are a reason to be skeptical

All I'm saying is that if anyone continues to have doubts, you can't really hold it against them.

I'm assuming that "[Gaga's] cue sheets are below the standard they require" means that the cue sheets have either not been filled out properly and that the royalties are not transparent enough for them to calculate Gaga's involvement in the final product. Or that the her royalties are too small and don't meet the requirements. (It's probably the latter).

well, from my perspective, a gagz fan believing linda perry's suspiciously-timed drag of a tweet over the statements/interviews of the artists who actually created the song is insulting and, ironically, might be a reason to be skeptical about said fan's integrity. 

as for the cue sheets, does the author of that article have access to see those? if so, are they also available to the public? because if not, they are just assuming things and might as well be wrong. plus, i find it interesting that the song could have won an oscar for diane and gagz without the interference of the cue sheets, but suddenly the rules are different for an emmy.

Yo GagaGaga

she'll probably go up on stage with Diane if they win but Diane will get the award and will get her name called

Archived