Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is 9GAG homophobic/sexist and basic?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Gagaplayer315

I used to like 9gag but stopped visiting the site because of the rude comments, people being mean to each other just to get some upvotes 

HauntingHollow

9gag is homophobic and sexist and many other things, i go there often and always find something disgusting :saladga:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Andreyw

9GAG was a thing like...2-3 years ago? Plus, if straight males are their main "target" as consumers...you know 

River

I'm only using it when I sh-it..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Phoenix

Well I have been following them before, and I stopped cause the memes became too repetitive and boring. It's true that they are sexist, filled with middle age men who probably never even saw a vagina posting stuff like "go to kitchen woman" or saying stuff like "I wouldn't touch it" when they see like some woman that doesn't fit the beauty standards, like any of those women would even look at you.

About being homophobic idk, it's 50% - 50% on that one, from what I've seen. Some users are homophobic, yet some aren't, and I have seen some good antihomophobia posts getting a lot of likes. 

💎

So are you saying that if their target is straight males then they are homophobic?  :huh:

Bradley
1 minute ago, me069 said:

So are you saying that if their target is straight males then they are homophobic?  :huh:

Read the entire OP, not just one line of it.

13 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Read the entire OP, not just one line of it.

Sorry,  I read the whole post before even  but I thought this summarized it. 

They really don't seem to have posted about the shooting (except maybe the blood bank?) but I don't think we should generalize only because of their lack of recognition of what happened in Orlando. 

Yes,  they are not as popular as they used to. 

And yes,  they seem homophobic if you read the comment section but the comments have always been the same. 

GlitterAndGrease
8 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

https://www.facebook.com/9gag/?fref=nf

I've been following 9GAG for a long time, and I think they post entertaining memes on some occasions.

But I've realised how their posts always target straight male readers, a lot of my male friends share their posts regularly. They are a huge media platform that can raise awareness to a mass range of people yet I can't find the post of them at least paying condolences to the Orlando victims and their families.

Why is that? When Christina Gimmie died, they paid condolences to her but when it comes to the Orlando incident, they refuse to do the same? Is it because the people who died were attendees of a gay night club?

I've also realised how their jokes revolve around male celebrities that mostly straight men find interesting - Eminem, John Cena, heavy metal/rock bands (sometimes to the extent of making pop artists look worthless)

a while ago I saw this post:

13407336_10154733909886840_2572312718382

No disrespect to the artists but were there no female artists that also made you happy?

9GAG defines what is 'cool' and 'trendy' and they're having a huge impact on youngsters, and I think they lack diversity in acknowledging talent and public interest.

Your thoughts on this?

Amy, Whitney and Janis Joplin should be in the damn photo.

RAMROD

9Gag is a website which run by the people. And focused on humor. And most members in their website enjoy rock and hip hop/rap music and much less pop music, I am not sure why is it wrong for them to have a prefrence? Would you be happy if someone take a dig at your prefence to dance and pop music? I am sure you won't be that keen on it. :awkney:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

9Gag is a website which run by the people. And focused on humor. And most members in their website enjoy rock and hip hop/rap music and much less pop music, I am not sure why is it wrong for them to have a prefrence? Would you be happy if someone take a dig at your prefence to dance and pop music? I am sure you won't be that keen on it. :awkney:

It's like saying, well the Academy award voters/nominators have preferences, what's wrong with voting for only white people?

RAMROD
Just now, Bradley Cooper said:

It's like saying, well the Academy award voters/nominators have preferences, what's wrong with voting for only white people?

Not even. Let me just say that the feelings that some of y'all pop fans have towards rock listeners are mutual with them over y'all. They might start to appreciate Pop stars when y'all stop having problems with on their idols.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ryanripley

people on the internet are rude?! how shocking :neyde: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived