Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Has Gaga just messed up?

ModernEcstasy

Featured Posts

LebaneseDude

Tbh I wouldn't be shocked if the main reason some people here are pressed is it's because it was in support of Hillary. Just saying.

Gaga has said similar stupid **** before but I don't remember the reaction being this volatile.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chelseaaaaaa
Just now, brendablethyn said:

Yes. It almost feels like she used it as a cause to further her career, and now she doesn't think she can get any more mileage out of it. How else do you go from being so passionate and involved, to so dissociated and vague about it. 

I always defended her when people accused her of that too. And I still will because everything she did THEN matters more than what she doesn't do NOW, but I am still really sad.

LebaneseDude
1 minute ago, Chelsea Symona said:

I always defended her when people accused her of that too. And I still will because everything she did THEN matters more than what she doesn't do NOW, but I am still really sad.

This was the last straw because Hillary was involved though am I right? :toofunny: 

I'm sure you disagree vehemently with gun control right? That's why you dislike it so much.

Deny it all you want. The transparency is hilarious. Good job making about you rather than the victims.

brendablethyn
4 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

it amazes me how world problems somehow trace back to this woman for all of you

50 people where shot and all you care is how a ****ing singer reacts to it. 

worry about those injured and their families. prioritize people.....

People grieve in different ways. I don't think it's nice to shame people because they want to express their own feelings. By the way, how is "worrying" about the injured and their families at all helpful? 

brendablethyn
1 minute ago, LebaneseDude said:

This was the last straw because Hillary was involved though am I right? :toofunny: 

Deny it all you want. The transparency is hilarious. Good job making about you rather than the victims.

Not everything in the world is about Hillary. 

LebaneseDude

People grieve in different ways. I don't think it's nice to shame people because they want to express their own feelings. By the way, how is "worrying" about the injured and their families at all helpful? 

By that logic, how is worrying about what Gaga says any helpful either? 

LebaneseDude

Not everything in the world is about Hillary. 

The tweet was about Hillary's relevant agenda for gun control. Don't claim otherwise.

I'm looking through the thread and the same Sanderistas are denouncing this disproportionately. There's a trend whether you care to admit it or not.

Either way stop it. This was a mistake on Gaga's part because it was tacky. Stop making it bigger than it is.

andy232000
2 minutes ago, brendablethyn said:

well if your grieving is worrying about Gaga´s stand on this then dear lord....i feel sorry for you (if you are doing this of course)

and that "worrying wont do anything" argument is a mess. its called having positive thoughts and energy towards people who are suffering. its called compassion. 

brendablethyn
1 minute ago, LebaneseDude said:

By that logic, how is worrying about what Gaga says any helpful either? 

People aren't "worrying", they are pissed off.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

Tbh I wouldn't be shocked if the main reason some people here are pressed is it's because it was in support of Hillary. Just saying.

Gaga has said similar stupid **** before but I don't remember the reaction being this volatile.

That definitely has something to do with it. But only because her previous expressions of support have been equally odd :poot: For many people this is just the cherry on top.

LebaneseDude
Just now, andy232000 said:

its called compassion. 

And empathy. 

brendablethyn
2 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

The tweet was about Hillary's relevant agenda for gun control. Don't claim otherwise.

I posted my question about why she hadn't commented before she had made the Hillary tweet.

LebaneseDude
Just now, Didymus said:

That definitely has something to do with it. But only because her previous expressions of support have been equally odd :poot: For many people this is just the cherry on top.

:rip: 

Not this again :air: lol 

Chelseaaaaaa
Just now, LebaneseDude said:

I'm sure you disagree vehemently with gun control right? That's why you dislike it so much.

No. I really don't care about Hillary in this scenario. She is welcome to support who she wants. I found her tweet insensitive but also shocking because she wouldn't have made that type of mistake years ago. And I agree with gun control 100%. Shows how much you know about me but stay pressed? I have been complaining about Gaga's determination to distance herself from the community for a year; well before I even joined this forum, her refusing to acknowledge the homophobia that caused this man to do what he did is what bothers me most.

Archived