❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

Why did Lana outsell Selena, Demi, Meghan, 5H etc. first week?

Caesium

Featured Posts

Caesium

Despite having no hit singles (High by the Beach peaked at #51), Honeymoon still managed to outsell Revival, Confident, Thank You and 7/27 despite them all having at least one hit (CFTS was a moderate hit)

Ultraviolence also managed to outsell them all, including Ariana's Dangerous Woman this time as well, although some could say it was riding off the success of BTD, whereas Honeymoon was barely promoted and Ultraviolence wasn't as successful as BTD (despite being a better album). 

So how come? Star power? Nostalgia? Does this prove that talent always wins?

2r3dwsj.gif 

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

Because she has infinite potential, even if she goes out of her way NOT to promote her own work

MaryJaneHolland

She has a pretty huge fanbase.. And has definitely changed smth in the alternative music

Helxig

Because she has a really dedicated fan base that people forget about because she isn't a huge star like the other pop girls. And her fans are older and have their own money (and sugar daddies) to actually buy her records :laughga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Lord Ryry

Lana is amazing, she has a large fan base, I know quite a lot of people who stan an artist and Lana on the side. She is a gap in the market her music is so different from mainstream pop we have today, I can't name any competitors to her, maybe halsey ?   (just my opinion) 

Andrew Warhola

Off the top of my head, I suppose because Lana Del Rey has some sort of cult following. Plus, her music ages really well and her albums are cohesive and enjoyable as a whole, so it's comprehensible that people would actually pay to have a copy of the whole thing, instead of buying/streaming specific songs that stand out.

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

Didymus

She's become a real album artist, and the huge amount of high quality promo (and I don't mean label promo, but music magazines discussing her work the way they do) expanded her audience massively, making her albums attractive in a long term point of view I think. I can't imagine anyone buying Revival or whatever at this point, but Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are still quality releases that I can perfectly imagine people picking up even years after release.

Fiona Apple

Because she has ACTUAL quality and (at least in my country) every actual music lover listens to her.

And yes any of her albums is x10 better than Dangerous Woman. Dangerous Woman is a decent catchy pop album.Nothing great or new about it

LUO YI
25 minutes ago, Lord Ryry said:

Lana is amazing, she has a large fan base, I know quite a lot of people who stan an artist and Lana on the side. She is a gap in the market her music is so different from mainstream pop we have today, I can't name any competitors to her, maybe halsey ?   (just my opinion) 

:air: Halsey? Even Melanie is getting a better fanbase :air:

I agree with you 

The night sky tells all

River

Because you named artists that a 27 years old guy like me will not listen to them.. the point is that we are full of artists for kids/teenagers right now and Lana is one of the few artists for adults and that her music is not a bubblegum sweet and sexy pop.. so what I want to say is that it's easy for an artist with a large amount of adult fans with money to outsell the artists with teenagers fans that asking money from their parents..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Fiona Apple
28 minutes ago, Lord Ryry said:

I can't name any competitors to her, maybe halsey ?   (just my opinion) 

I think that Melanie is becoming actually very popular.Atm she is more popular than Lana (but overall she is not even close yet).I feel like Halsey is already over

Creyk
1 minute ago, Prince Bananas said:

:air: Halsey? Even Melanie is getting a better fanbase :air:

I agree with you 

Dont underestimate halsey, she will be big....her collab with the chainsmokers that just leaked today is absolutely amazing

Archived