đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

other

The Audience Is Never Right

Chelseaaaaaa

Featured Posts

Chelseaaaaaa

OEopCGC.jpg

The audience, no matter how surprised or how stunned, always feel as if they know better. We tend to believe we have seen all and have heard all; we tend to believe that we can decipher any twists coming their way or perceive any truth ready to be bent. Nothing is new, nothing is sacred, we seem to be saying, everything has been done before. And we take these platitudes to the depths of our souls, imagining that our knowledge of the shape of things is paramount—is, above all, right.

But what happens when something unexpected occurs? When you are so wrapped up in your cynicism and your complacencies that you are knocked sideways from a rush of a comet, of a meteor, of a colorful starchild wanting to make you dance? Gone are the silly notions of superiority, gone are the ideas of cracking the code to life’s greatest mysteries. You are, instead, taken away by the plundering thuds of massive electronic beats against the robotic sleazy drawl of someone whose name evokes that of comic book villains and whorehouse madams, swallowed whole by the pop mania exploding around you until there is nothing left.

That was the storm, in which we now call “Lady Gaga,” that had awakened a nation too sure of themselves and pop culture. Reality television was forcing its way onto every channel, the hard-partying heiresses that fueled TMZ culture were being locked up, and the radio was still buzzing out the most run-of-the-mill club jams companies could produce. Naturally, there were still hits and still the random crossover jam that would unite all factions of the music world for a moment. But there felt, in pop, to be this gaping hole that was waiting to be filled. No one was addressing it, no one was vocalizing it, but it was permeating the air, slowly creeping up until there was a new club song gnawing in our ears.

Read the rest of this beautiful article via Propaga: http://www.propagaga.com/

I really love this writing piece and think it is necessary reading for many users on this forum. It is probably my favorite article on Gaga in quite some time and aligns with my own views as well, but I think anyone could enjoy what is said above.

Serendipity

can I get a gist, please? :air: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

PunkTheFunk
36 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

can I get a gist, please? :air: 

Gaga is amazing; ARTPOP happened; her career isn't over yet.

Lord Temptation

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for pouring your Monster heart out. I thoroughly enjoyed devouring it, and shall continue to relish enjoy eating it over and over again.

Preferably bloody, with a few grains of salt, some red wine and the soundtrack of ARTPOP playing in the background.

Sincerely Yours,

Another Monster

crisTEAne

this essay was truly in search of lost time. #cookie4theauteur :tea:

Drenched in politics as much as in memories, it is something of a Proustian journey through Gaga’s childhood and adolescence, magnified by a modern, raw, forward-looking lens.

However, this time the hype machine had clipped the wings of the goddess and altered her vision completely.

Although the spectacle remained, the emptiness reigned and Gaga faded within the confines of her own creation, allowing it to spread across the world as it was picked and torn apart by anyone who felt superior.

How, I thought, could these foolish people not see the brilliance in galactic experiments like “Venus” or the progressive tropical wonder that is “Do What U Want”? How could they deny the malt shop motorcycle beauty of “MANiCURE” or psychedelic sawdust hypnosis of “Mary Jane Holland”? How could they ignore the psychosexual intrigue of “Sexxx Dreams” or the blissful disco chill of “Fashion!”?

One had to, at least, marvel at its confidence and its freedom; at its uncompromising marriage of pop messiness.

And with this transformation into a chanteuse lounge lizard, suddenly appeared a stripping-down of style which accentuated not the extravagance of Lady Gaga but her unbelievable talent.

It is hard to imagine her not perfectly fitting well into a world seeking change and seeking peace, a world scared of its own shadow and needing to be reminded to embrace it, a world wanting to be free and wanting to feel as if it would last forever, a world that wanted to just dance.

It is hard to imagine that Lady Gaga has not been in our lives for decades but merely only eight years, merely a fragment of a lifespan. Her influence, her music, her visuals, her power have become so engrained in our lives—so much a part of our cultural, social, and political fabric—that it is hard to imagine her not being the perennial pop supergiant that she has become.

As she stood on stage with dozens of survivors, Gaga felt ethereal, saintly, and, more than anything, comforting—bearing her own tortured and bruised soul for all to see with those whom understood her struggle most.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Miel

Incredibly flowery, but I loved reading this. Kudos to whomever wrote this (OP?); it's been a long time since pieces like this have come around (makes me miss Gaga Stigmata a lot).

3 points in and ready for more

LePetitGAGABLover
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

“Just Dance” was not your typical club song

Stopped there. lol

I think they are talking about the club scene back in 2008. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the music played at clubs back then more hip-hop/RnB inspired, rather than dance and electronic? So yeah, I guess Just Dance WAS not really a typical club song. 

Didymus
Just now, LePetitMonstr said:

I think they are talking about the club scene back in 2008. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the music played at clubs back then more hip-hop/RnB inspired, rather than dance and electronic? So yeah, I guess Just Dance WAS not really a typical club song. 

I never bought that. The critical reception of that song is the proof you need. Nearly all of the critics called it just another generic sounding club banger, to be compared to Rihanna and the Pussycat Dolls. Not very successful comparison imo, but the idea that Just Dance was some kind of incredible release is just ludicrous, and I say that while it's one of my fav Gaga tracks.

Maybe me living in Europe makes it extra ridiculous, because when that song hit I mean.. there was nothing unique about that, except the synthpop throwback. In the US I guess it could've been different, but again, critical reviews from 2008 point to the contrary.

Besides, the essay above doesn't mention anything about that either :poot:

I used to love writings like this but now I just cringe. Gaga is amazing and I'll leave it at that. This sugar coated homily about a talented celebrity is nauseating.

Lord Temptation
4 minutes ago, Biotic said:

I used to love writings like this but now I just cringe. Gaga is amazing and I'll leave it at that. This sugar coated homily about a talented celebrity is nauseating.

This was the finest piece of writing I've read all year. Can you please articulate why you didn't like the essay? Because the writer seems to have bared his soul, and you're mocking it.

crisTEAne
7 minutes ago, Biotic said:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, T E A said:

OMG cheering!

Archived