💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Work" Isn't Working on Pop Radio

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

While "Work" has spent NINE weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, I noticed something a bit off.

"Work" has only climbed to a peak of #8 on Mainstream Top 40 (Pop) radio and has declined from that peak. It is at #18 this week.

This is Rihanna's first lead single not to go Top 5 on the Pop Radio chart (minus Russian Roulette)

Rihanna has had many top 5 hits on Mainstream Radio as a lead artist, the list is:

Pon de Replay: #2
SOS: #1
Unfaithful: #2
Umbrella: #2
Hate That I Love You: #3
Don’t Stop the Music: #2
Take A Bow: #1
Disturbia: #1
Rude Boy: #1
Only Girl: #1
What’s My Name: #4
S&M: #1
We Found Love: #1
Where Have You Been: #3
Diamonds: #2
Stay: #1

Has Pop radio fallen out of love with Rihanna? Or is this an isolated incident?

Sidenote: The song has done amazing on Rhythmic Radio

tumblr_m2wkqpOKEf1qgztuwo1_250.gif

kvnrp

Really?

It get's played almost hourly on my local radio :air:

But it's falling really fast on their chart as well

Harry

Wow, amazing!

I wonder if there are any other mainstream stars doesn't have to rely on pop to get a nine week number one. Rihanna really does have a lot of power.

Pharamon

I've NEVER not even once heard it on the radio where i live - and i listen to almost every radio station daily

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Wow, amazing!

I wonder if there are any other mainstream stars doesn't have to rely on pop to get a nine week number one. Rihanna really does have a lot of power.

katy-perry-the-one-that-got-away.gif

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Skrill said:

I've NEVER not even once heard it on the radio where i live - and i listen to almost every radio station daily

I barely hear it on the radio too. I only hear it when i turn it to the local Rhythmic station

Bad Bromance

The power of streaming.  It's the new thing, guys.  Y'all better be ready to stream Gaga's new album and lead single, otherwise, I don't want to hear your complaints.   ;)

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Harry said:

??

Katy needs those payola pop radio hits to get her #1's

Work is not really a pop song tho. Pour It Up was probably Rihanna's biggest hit on urban radio and it flopped hard on pop.

Levine

That's because the streaming thing has too much power. It's a joke. Work is a hit, but a 9 times at #1 hit? No, absolutely not.

TimisaMonster

It's upsetting honestly to see such a STUPID and empty song be number one for 3 months straight :wtf:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Brian Ryan

It's not a pop song. lol not surprising there's more than one chart. She never catered to just pop radio. You always seem to forget about urban radio in all your posts. That accounts for her #1 as well. It's still working on pop radio. Rihanna is an all around artist. She's just not on pop radio... she's everywhere. :rockstar:

Archived