Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Millennials find Madonna 'desperate', study finds

Pop

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Brodinsky said:

Just because people have different tastes doesn't mean we cannot notice when you does desperate stunts lol

And it isn't pointless, and it is a research study, FYI you can do a research study about anything if you did not know.

And they're not being rude to her, it's a poll among random samples and I HONESTLY see no lies.

what desperate stunts are you even talking about?

This could really turn into an argument for hours but I have to go to sleep now. So bye.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goldfish

i instantly was filled with rage when millennial would rank ****!ng Zayn Malik and Pew Die Pie as more influential, i mean, what the actual hell..... 

what a load of rubbish

I invented post-its

15 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I don't really know how they divvy it up.

I think the millennials were from the mid 80s to the 00s and then it the generation z or whatever. I'm too lazy to go on wikipedia.:laughga:

10 minutes ago, Pop said:

She actually downgraded from stadiums to arenas with her new tour.

That's the reason why her tour gross went down 50% from a few years ago. 

Her desperate antics are definitely not paying off. 

she's at her 60s, give the woman a break :emma:

I would be more than happy if Gaga at that same age will be performing in arenas full of people. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

24 minutes ago, RockWithU said:

That bolded sentence is worthless, because the rudeness towards her in that story are in fact sexist and ageist.

I'm sorry but ageism is when you can't get a job, because "you're too old", not people rolling their eyes at your grandmother wearing fishnets and nipple clamps.:toofunny: Same goes for men too, not just for women, certain type of behavior just looks ridiculous after a certain age. I personally don't have a problem with people doing whatever they want but don't be so quick to throw around words like sexism or ageism for everything you don't agree with, cause they start to loose it's meaning.

sipthistea

Well, I'm not a millenial and I kind of agree with this in some way.

I can´t believe, after all that constant work to build her masterpiece that we know as Ray Of Light, she has been going downhill to a point where she does things in order to stay relevant.

I still admire that she's a hardworker, but some things are just not right. She's more than that. She doesn't need to try to emulate what some people do nowadays.

No 'B*tch I'm Madonna' was needed at all. 

8 minutes ago, teo said:

I'm sorry but ageism is when you can't get a job, because "you're too old", not people rolling their eyes at your grandmother wearing fishnets and nipple clamps.:toofunny: Same goes for men too, not just for women, certain type of behavior just looks ridiculous after a certain age. I personally don't have a problem with people doing whatever they want but don't be so quick to throw around words like sexism or ageism for everything you don't agree with, cause they start to loose it's meaning.

I'm not throwing anything around. If a woman (who certainly looks younger than she is and has a pretty much perfect body) wears fishnets (and no she doesn't wear nipple clamps) and looks great in them but some bitter peeps who just want to hate on her criticize her for doing that while being 57 clearly are ageist.

Also, if a male singer takes a shot on stage or has a pint of beer etc. on stage during his show, everyone is totally fine with it. However, when Madonna takes a shot on stage (we don't even know if it's a real one) everyone criticizes her for doing that as well aka they are being sexist. 

The end.

That Madonna comes across as desperate isn't really a surprise but it's not really of relevance. Regardless of this study's findings on the perception of influence, it's pretty obvious that Madonna was/is far more influential in general than Zayn Malik or Taylor Swift :emma:

I don't think she, or her core ticket-purchasing fanbase care that she's acting desperately (although I admit that some of her recent actions were completely out of line :emma: ).

Its not about sexism or the way she dresses. 

Its her behavior. I don't need to explain how she basically has no class, you all know. 

StrawberryBlond

It's not always about sexism and ageism. I know it's hard to believe but some people honestly do care about music quality. I know Music and Confessions went down well but personally, I don't think she's released a good album since Ray Of Light (and she was almost 40 then and it's one of her most successful albums, so sexism and ageism can't be blamed here). When she went off in a really juvenile direction in 2008, it was definitely over for her. For those of you saying her tours are massive, though, yes, the touring figures are still impressive, but it's mostly the older fans going to see her, viewing her as a heritage act. They want the hits, not the new material. Plus, Madonna charges top dollar - her concert grosses wouldn't be as impressive as they are (especially now) if she didn't make people pay through the nose. Her lowest audience figure this tour was 9,498 and yet that was still enough to pull in just over $1.5 million. The money makes her look more successful than she actually is. She'll end up with audience figures not that much higher than the Artrave but her gross will make her look so much bigger than reality.

There's sometimes no sexism and ageism, the reasons are understandable, really. She hasn't had a big hit since 4 Minutes in 2008 (mostly because JT and Timbaland gave it streetcred) - 8 years is a long time, almost enough for an entirely new generation to start. A generation who won't even remember her last big hit because they were babies. And she's trying too hard to appear young and shocking and when young people see an older person doing this, they see through it, think it's ridiculous and cringey. That's not being ageist, it's about natural human reaction. Madonna is the same age or older than their mothers, so when they see her do this raunchy stuff, it makes them think of their mother, who they wouldn't want to see doing that stuff. When you get older, you stop appealing to the youth market - big whoop. It happens to everyone, not just female artists.

3 minutes ago, RockWithU said:

I'm not throwing anything around. If a woman (who certainly looks younger than she is and has a pretty much perfect body) wears fishnets (and no she doesn't wear nipple clamps) and looks great in them but some bitter peeps who just want to hate on her criticize her for doing that while being 57 clearly are ageist.

Also, if a male singer takes a shot on stage or has a pint of beer etc. on stage during his show, everyone is totally fine with it. However, when Madonna takes a shot on stage (we don't even know if it's a real one) everyone criticizes her for doing that as well aka they are being sexist.

The end.

Not finding a 57 yo woman dressing like a go-go dancer tasteful is not ageist. Ageism is being denied opportunities and benefits simply because of your age. Things like not getting or losing a job, being denied a loan or a credit card, insurance ect.  You can't get more privileged than Madonna, so I don't see your point.

And for the sexism I already told you that certain behaviors can range from inappropriate to gross for older men too. This is not ageism/sexism it's a common sense. 

2 minutes ago, teo said:

Not finding a 57 yo woman dressing like a go-go dancer tasteful is not ageist. Ageism is being denied opportunities and benefits simply because of your age. Things like not getting or losing a job, being denied a loan or a credit card, insurance ect.  You can't get more privileged than Madonna, so I don't see your point.

And for the sexism I already told you that certain behaviors can range from inappropriate to gross for older men too. This is not ageism/sexism it's a common sense. 

She doesn't look like a go-go dancer and she is neither inappropriate or gross. And yes, she is being denied being herself and doing things her way without getting unneccessary criticism and hate for it which is both sexist and ageist. End of story.

Good night for me! Good night/day to you! 

PartySick

I'm not sure if I'd call her desperate but she does come off as a try hard. Whether it's to keep a youthful image or to convince others that she's still sexy...idk...I mean, she made a Just Dance-esque video at 57 :toofunny: not that older people can't party too, but there comes a time in life where you grow up and stop getting sh*tfaced at stupid parties with 20-somethings, ya know?

I think it's time she drops the sexy party girl act and moves on to a classier image. Ha Cheek to Cheek era, if you will (even though she's apparently already done that :green:). Stop the antics and just blow them away with a high classed act :gaycat:

Just my two cents :ohno: I'm not a Madonna fan and could hardly name five of her songs so I'm not speaking from a very informed stance here :ohno:

💚

Archived