💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Review: Rihanna - Anti

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

So I really wasn't into the album :toofunny: But I listened it more than 10 times in the last week and I understood the album better..So:

1.Consideration : A really good track! Not sure if it is radio friendly but it's really good vocally and lyrically. (8-/10)

2.James Joint : Not sure if it's a track exactly but it's not bad.The vocals and the production are really calm and nice.I don't really understand what the meaning of this song is though. (6-7/10)

3.Kiss It Better : Great song and catchy af.. An obvious choice for second single (9+/10)

4.Work : The song is not great.But now I do enjoy it in a weird way.It can't really be taken seriously tho imo (7+/10)

5.Desperado : I really love this track.And I think that it could work great as a single! (8+/10)

6.Woo : Also one of my favourites from the album.. The beat is so dope..Not sure if it could work as a single tho. (8/10)

7.Needed Me : It's probably one of the weakest songs of the album (and Rihanna's discography). The verses are okay-nice. But the chorus is so weird and dumb and not in a weird way.Can't understand why this song is charting..Really wishing she doesn't make this a single.... (3-/10)

8.Yeah,I said it : Not bad but not great either..Nice vocals and ok lyrics but generally forgettable (5-/10)

9.Same Ol' Mistakes : This is PERFECTION. The melody,the lyrics,the production. It's probably one of her best songs ever!. Not sure if it could slay as a single but it definitely deserves a video! (10-/10) (I know it's a cover,but I don't really care)

10.Never Ending : This is one of her best ballads also..Everything is on point!. Definitely single worthy tbh (9/10)

11.Love On The Brain : Incredible vocals and really nice as a song.But I wouldn't release it as a ballad-single instead of Never Ending..(8-/10)

12.Higher : AMAZING vocals and generally a good song.It should have been longer tho (8+/10)

13.Close To You : Not sure why that song exists on the album.It's not bad.It's just WAY TOO forgettable and boring. (4-/10)

BONUS TRACKS:

14.Goodnight Gotham : It has a nice sound I guess but I can't judge it like it's a song (IDK)

15.Pose : My feelings are really mixed about this one..I think that it's awesome and horrible at the same time.. The structure of the chorus (in terms of melody and rythms) is very smart and generally it's a fun song... But I really hate the way she says the word bitch on this song.It's so annoying.And the verses are so meh.Definitely more enjoyable than Close To You,Needed Me and Yeah I said It anyway..(6/10)

16.Sex With Me: Meh song..It's definitely better than other forgettable songs on the album but it really isn't important or good. Wouldn't include it on the album if I was her (5+/10)

(The Deluxe edition doesn't deserve my/your coins imo.I would only buy the standard version)

Generally: Actually a good album! It might be in her top 3 albums after Rated R and Loud! It needs time to be understood though so I suggest you to take some time and listen to it.As a total rating I give an 8 to the standard version and 7 to the deluxe version!

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, Skrill said:

What ... Needed Me is one of my favorites on the album.

Well opinions are different

eifulien

Okay, I haven't thought about rating it, but your feelings match up with mine on 95% of the time! :omg:

The Deluxe doesn't add real value. ANTI works better as the original 13 tracks but indeed are fun sexy bops that are absent from the album.

Needed Me is horrendous, I absolutely agree with you.

The only thing I don't agree on is Yeah I said it and Same Ol' Mistakes. YISI is dope to me, whereas the cover is too long and bland, still I respect it and has it's own place on the album. Even Close to you is the best ending although I don't like it as a song much. A guitar ballad (Never Ending) >>>> A piano ballad (Close to You)

Anyway, I'm really happy, someone is having so simialr thoughts on the album. Paws up, @CurlyBae :sara:

chrismugler

I think RiRi should release a radio remix of "Consideration" (to make it longer and more radio -friendly) for Urban Radios or "Desperado" because of the funky beat and of course she should release "Kiss it Better" as a second single. The 3rd single should be "Love on the Brain" .

#LittleManagers :hor::sara: #ANTi

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

Katsuki Bakugo
6 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

Well opinions are different

yeah and yours is bad gurl! Close to you is the her best ballad since Stay. Fix yo weave. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Fiona Apple
4 minutes ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Okay, I haven't thought about rating it, but your feelings match up with mine on 95% of the time! :omg:

The Deluxe doesn't add real value. ANTI works better as the original 13 tracks but indeed are fun sexy bops that are absent from the album.

Needed Me is horrendous, I absolutely agree with you.

The only thing I don't agree on is Yeah I said it and Same Ol' Mistakes. YISI is dope to me, whereas the cover is too long and bland, still I respect it and has it's own place on the album. Even Close to you is the best ending although I don't like it as a song much. A guitar ballad (Never Ending) >>>> A piano ballad (Close to You)

Anyway, I'm really happy, someone is having so simialr thoughts on the album. Paws up, @CurlyBae :sara:

Nice :nick: Idk I don't even remember how YISI sounds like even though I've listened to it like 10 times or more xD Happy that you agree with me with most of them :applause: Try to listen to the cover with headphones maybe.

ComeToMama

Almost agreed with everything you said until Close To You :toofunny:. If were talking ballads on the album, it's the best. Better than Never Ending. Best song off ANTI imo. It's a total slay of Take A Bow pt. 2 

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, DeathofSamantha said:

yeah and yours is bad gurl! Close to you is the her best ballad since Stay. Fix yo weave. 

umm :emma:

Katsuki Bakugo
3 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

umm :emma:

Ummm is not an answer 

tumblr_inline_nun5j3GMMA1s5000e_500.gif   

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, amenvodka said:

Woo is 8/10?

tumblr_o1wdtsRPQD1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

you don't like it?

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

you don't like it?

For me, it's a big fat 0/10 along with Work.

Fiona Apple
Just now, amenvodka said:

For me, it's a big fat 0/10 along with Work.

Well I love it :laughga:

Archived