Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

#TheSoundOfGaga Producer Shares His Plans for Gaga: The Musical

Neight Shayde

Featured Posts

Neight Shayde

Christopher Clegg is the british theatre producer behind #TheSoundOfGaga tribute

When did it hit you that this would be a great idea?

CC: When Lady Gaga performed at the 2015 Oscars I didn’t see the piece until two or three days later. I had seen that the Internet exploded, but it wasn’t until I got round to watching the video and I saw how much theatricality there was in it, and how that could tie in with selling our show, that my brain started to tick. The final push I needed to get on with it was when our producer, Bill Kenwright, said we should hop on it! His instinct on these things is always right!

Lady Gaga has seen #TheSoundOfGaga tribute. How did she come across it? Describe how it felt when you found out she’d seen it. How did you find out?

CC: Someone text me to say she’d tweeted! It was an odd feeling as I’ve been a fan of hers for years. She said the video was ‘amazing’ and thanked us from the bottom of her heart. Which, the more I think about, the more brilliant it is. To cut through the noise of all the tweets she must get from her 57 million followers and be seen is a big achievement in itself. I still can’t quite believe she’s sat and watched something I came up with.

Could a Lady Gaga jukebox musical be an option?

CC: Yes! More than an option. I already have the idea – it’s getting the rights that is the problem. If this video gets me in ‘the room where it happens’ to get those rights then I can give my pitch, which I think she’d like immensely. Gaga’s music is so theatrical and, as we proved in our video, is very transferable – so one day, hopefully soon, we’ll see that and I’ll be at the helm!

SOURCE: forbes.com

UPDATE: he's already trying to contact bobby!

Fernster7

OMG MAKE IT HAPPEN!:giveup:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

GlamGorgeousGG

If I had any money at all I would want to invest in this show.  The tickets would sell like crazy if they do a good job with it. 

Rolodex of Hate

I love musicals, and musical + Gaga would be my dream omfg

We have no legal choice but to stan

He doesn't sound like a random person so it might happen, sistren :air: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

29 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

She should call him asap. She needs to get that Tony.

Gaga wouldn't be a part of it I think

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Bad Bromance

That would be amazing!!  If Gaga made a cameo every now and then would be even better!

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

GagaXCollection
36 minutes ago, mister max said:

yes Yes YES :giveup: 

get that Tony :giveup: 

She has a Tony

giphy.gif

:hor:

ladygagaxcollection.com

Archived