💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

I wonder what Mariah thinks of the Kesha case...

migamiga

Featured Posts

migamiga

About 20 years ago, Mariah was dealing with a similar situation. For those who don't know, Mariah was married to Tommy Mottola (president of Sony Music at the time). He was 20 years her senior and he basically orchestrated her entire career for her first five albums. Not only did he control her professional life, but her personal life as well. They divorced in '97 while Mariah had two more albums to complete before her deal was up. It's heartbreaking to watch this interview because you can tell Mariah is very sad, but can't say anything negative about him because she's at his mercy. I also sort of feel like she was brainwashed in a way also. Watch this interview (2:54 in particular): https://youtu.be/RWYwJ-iGOFw?t=2m54s

After their divorce, Mariah's relationship with her label (Columbia- an imprint of Sony) was rocky at best. They never seemed to agree on anything and they practically stopped promoting Mariah's albums (she still managed to achieve three #1s however). Mariah made it very clear that her label/Tommy was trying to sabotage her career- and in a way, they succeed (Glitter, her breakdown, Charmbracelet [these were all after she completed her contract with Sony]).  

Obviously it's different from Kesha's situation, but there are still some strong parallels. People were fussing about Taylor and Beyonce not saying anything (originally), but if there's one person who can remotely relate to Kesha's situation is Mariah. I wonder if Mariah has reached out or feels any type empathy for Kesha...

Edonis

When I heard about the Kesha case, I immediately thought about what happened with Mariah. So sad in both situations. 

Mariah doesn't speak about much of anything unless she's preparing her comment to be shadier than an umbrella in a global nuclear winter, so I hardly think so.

PaperIz

I'm sure she has an opinion. I remember reading Michael describe how destroyed she was and it was heartbreaking. Sony is so awful to artists.

Serendipity

Mariah doesn't run her social media accounts, its Stella:air:

she probably doesn't even know Work hit #1:rip:

OT: I'm pretty sure she'll call her privately like she called MJ:duck:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Versace

but then came

The Emancipation Of Mimi and We Belong Together and she reached an all-time new peak in her career , sorry sis Tommy stay pressed.

Oh wait but then came Me I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteez , so Nvm :laughga:

Serendipity
Just now, vivre sa vie said:

Well I think she doesn't think at all. she thinks only for herself! :tongue:

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Archived