Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it just me or Beyonce's fans are racist af?

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

am I the only person here who doesn't give a single fuсk about one's skin colour? :green:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, notsoratedr said:

I didn't mean it as in black people need to respect white people, I meant it as in a general way. If ANYONE wants respect, then they should just respect another person, it is common sense. 

It just seems like a curious phrase that tends to pop up in these sort of situations. I think it implies more than maybe you even realise.

It just comes across as "These black people don't want us to be racist towards them but here they all are calling people names! I'm not going to respect black people if that's how they treat us!". I'm not at all saying that this was your intention it's just that this sort of rhetoric seems to come up a lot in discussions of race. There is this sense that black people don't deserve respect for X,Y,Z.

It reads sort of like you recognise that the black community (through organisations Black Lives Matter or through controversies like The Oscars and more) are asking to be respected as human beings but that they don't deserve this respect because they riot, or there is gang violence or (in this case) they are calling white people crackers etc. 

I'm not even trying to call you out or accuse you or anything, I'm just making you aware that that sort of language is used to dehumanise POC. There is this pervasive ideology of "these black people want respect, but they don't deserve it".

53 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

I watch the comments on her new song and they are incredibly pathetic :awkney: They are telling everyone that doesn't like this song "yeah white b*tchez can't get that" "white tears" " white people suck". And it's so pathetic :laughga: Seriously if white people did that everyone would be like "omg that's disgusting".. Now nobody cares. Why is that? :saladga:

(Btw obviously my statement is not for everyone ,but most of them are really like that)

"Is it just me or Beyonce's fans are racist af?"

"Btw obviously my statement is not for everyone ,but most of them are really like that"

If you understand that you can say something like that without actually generalizing, why are you offended?

Tropico

All I've seen is the hive talking about black empowerment. No one seems to be mentioning white people. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

1 minute ago, Schizoid said:

"Is it just me or Beyonce's fans are racist af?"

"Btw obviously my statement is not for everyone ,but most of them are really like that"

If you understand that you can say something like that without actually generalizing, why are you offended?

But a very large number of her fans really are rude as ****. Like do you not see them on atrl or twitter? :laughga:And they're not a race...:toofunny: It's not the same thing saying "Beyonce fans" and "black/white/whatever people".

Teri Hatcher

Beyoncé fans are crazy

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

Jesse Pinkman
10 minutes ago, PabloDaBlowfish said:

There you go. That's what black people think. Try "I hate black people", that would be "RACISMÉ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

They think you can't be racist towards white people, they think "cracker", "mayo" etc is OK. 
" We've been struggling decades ago, you don't know **** white trash" oh bless them.

Please. After all the **** black people have to put up with from ignorant, white bigots, the LEAST they can do is call them a cracker. As if the white person would give a damn anyway. The dynamics are completely different. A white person is not going to be traumatized and humiliated because some black person called them a cracker, but if a white person calls a black person a "******," the impact and history behind that word is far more intense. Its just how it is.

It's science, bitch

Jesse Pinkman
3 minutes ago, Teri Hatcher said:

Lol more like black privilege. Beyoncé fans are crazy

What is black privilege? LOL

Please let me know me know so I can go get some.

It's science, bitch

Teri Hatcher
9 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

Please let me know me know so I can to get some.

Nvm GGD on phone is buggy i wrote something else in between it got cut

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

YCHofficial
15 minutes ago, Rino said:

am I the only person here who doesn't give a single fuсk about one's skin colour? :green:

I feel you

Teri Hatcher

Bleach out all the dark.... I'll be your princess die and die with with you 

music-celebrity-32.jpeg

Jesse Pinkman
58 minutes ago, notsoratedr said:

If one entire group of people in particular have to deal with racial slurs being thrown at them because of something ignorant idiots did in 1800 then why don't we just have a ****ing racismfest and start calling each other every single name in the book. it doesn't make sense. you can't fight fire with fire. it doesn't work like that.

Right..... Because white people are NEVER racist in 2016.... Oh no... Black people are just treated so amazingly and equally, and white people these days are just so accepting and loving of black people right? Racism stopped in the 1800s, right? Okay.

It's science, bitch

Sorry hunnies, but black people can't be racist. They can be prejudious against white people, but they can't be racist since racism has to be backed by an instutionalized power structure like the government (hence why it's a -ism). Racism = prejudice + power.

Dominic

The comments are just as bad as saying 'black people suck'. 

You cannot simply condem an entire race,  regardless of colour.   Regardless if 'whites deserve it' or 'blacks need to stop'.  

It's not okay to say these things regardless of if you've suffered in the past or privileged now.  I've read so many people defending these comments in the OP and it's ridiculous,  they are wrong whichever way you look at it.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived