💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2013 Song peaks/views/streams

InsideOutright

Featured Posts

InsideOutright

With Gaga's next lead single coming sooner or later, I can't help but always think about pop music now compared to when Gaga released Applause. There were a LOT of good songs that were already out, coming out around the same time, or would come out soon that would do very well on the charts and were very well-received by the public. Whenever I'm listening to the radio or I'm in some kind of public place where they're playing a lot of music from 2013 and early 2014, it makes me upset when Gaga is not included.

It makes me think about how Gaga started the ARTPOP era in an "overcrowded market" so to speak, but I wondered if it was just my imagination, so I did the research and looked at nearly every notable single that was released in 2013 in terms of its Hot 100 peak, radio peaks, VEVO/YouTube views, and Spotify streams, mainly to compare them with Applause. Here are the results as of February 1, 2016, organized by artist name. Have a look at it and see how your favorite 2013 songs did.

EDIT: Sorry that it looks so small when auto-shrunk. Raw image.

LoWvF9h.png

Applause isn't that close to the bottom of the barrel, but quite a few songs have seen equal or greater success despite not reaching the Top 3 either (Wake Me Up, Treasure). Say Gaga was set to release her lead single later this month. With what we have out now from the past few months in pop, do you think said single would be overshadowed by as many songs as Applause was, or would she be in a very superior position? Gaga has had a great 2015 and is hopefully going to have an even better 2016.

Note that a few songs did not reach popularity until being released to radio well after the release of the single itself, such as Safe and Sound, which was originally released in 2011 but impacted radio in April 2013. Such songs have their release months marked with an asterisk.

If there any songs or chart aspects that you don't see included but you feel should be added, please let me know and I will gladly do so. Or if you like to see it reorganized based on a certain column, I can do that as well.

The fact that Applause is practically eclipsed in Spotify streams desptie being Gaga's most-streamed song... :saladga:

Kermit

BSE by 1D was and still is the ****.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Archived