Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna was "Drunk" and "Offensive" at Louisville, KY Tour Stop

SISTERV

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
10 hours ago, just4fun said:

Would you prefer we blame it on drug use?  That is what we usually blame it on when a man is a mess on stage.  It's perfectly normal to tie her custody battle with her antics on stage since they coincide. No one is saying this happened because she forgot to take her daily estrogen pill. That would be a sexist and agist remark. We would probably make the same conclusion of Guy Ritchie if he threw a tantrum on a movie set during the same time period. 

At least it would be something that affects both men and women. But blaming it on issues with the kids is an excuse that's nearly always exclusively aimed at women. I think it's right up there with accusing a woman of being on her period to explain why she's cranky. As women, we are taught to believe that our extreme emotions are never justified because they're just what women sometimes go through and we can't control it. Are you really sure we'd accuse Guy of the same thing? If a man's pissed off, it's because something annoyed him. But if a woman gets pissed off, it's because it's a natural reaction to something troublesome going on in her life right now, and she wouldn't have acted this way if it wasn't going on. In other words, it's like our emotions have no connection to the situation at hand, it's always to do with "women's issues" - no further explanation needed. Certain reactions can be explained by personal issues but I think it's wrong to always jump to that conclusion automatically, especially when we do it almost exclusively for women.

1 hour ago, ajhuffman219 said:

Once again, I see the same poster swoops in with her essays trying to make an "intelligent" argument. Remember, she is the same person who thought Adele made a huge career mistake picking her child over her career. So, it comes as no surprise she doesn't buy into the argument that Madonna is suffering from this custody battle. 

Oh, I see what's happened here. You quoted me with a reply but then chickened out and edited it so that I wouldn't be alerted to you quoting me and thus, bashing me. Unfortunately, regardless of whether you edit out the quote later, the notification still gets sent to the recipient's inbox. So, nice try attempting to disguise your bashing of me, but it didn't work. This happened to me elsewhere on this forum, only with people talking about me without quoting or @'ing me, taking the chance that I wouldn't see it because I wouldn't be alerted to the thread. But I did see it and I let them have it. I have eyes everywhere. If you're going to bash me, do it behind closed doors, like a normal person.

I don't aim to make intelligent arguments to suggest I'm better than everyone. I just put my thoughts out there, I don't do it to be smart. We'll see how Adele does with the follow-up to the follow-up, for that is the true decider on whether she'll be here a long time. And I didn't say I didn't buy into the idea that Madonna's suffering from this custody battle, I'm saying that if she is, it's pretty weak to be affected since Rocco will be staying with her when he goes to school in NY, it's not like he'll be at his dad's permanently and seeing as he's 15, he's almost an adult, meaning that her getting restricted access to him was part and parcel of him growing up. You have kids knowing they're going to grow up and flee the nest, right? I'd understand her grief if he were 5, but he's 15. I mean, you can leave the house at 16 (at least where I'm from)! This is a non-issue, basically.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LORD GAGA
1 hour ago, Passion2Action said:

*rolls eyes* literally this entire tour she has been ribbing people and the crowd AND THE INDIVIDUAL were digging it. Applause and Laughter heard throughout. The fact people are expecting anything friendly means they DON'T know Madonna on this tour. For god sake she HAS A SONG WHERE SHE CALLS THE ENTIRE WORLD A BITCH To refer to herself as Madonna. Expecting anything LESS than a ribbing is just illogical.

But have fun on the bash Madonna train. Its a lot more fun over here.

The only thing you should be 'rolling your eyes' at is your reply to me. Your defensiveness and unwieldiness to be subjective makes any argument you try to put forward ludicrous. I get it, you're a fan and it seems to you she can do no wrong... but try and look at this from a view point other than your own. I am on no 'bash madonna train' and its sad an pathetic for you to assume so, this is my perception of her as a performer in her current state, so build a bridge and get over it.

JusKeepBreathin
30 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

At least it would be something that affects both men and women. But blaming it on issues with the kids is an excuse that's nearly always exclusively aimed at women. I think it's right up there with accusing a woman of being on her period to explain why she's cranky. As women, we are taught to believe that our extreme emotions are never justified because they're just what women sometimes go through and we can't control it. Are you really sure we'd accuse Guy of the same thing? If a man's pissed off, it's because something annoyed him. But if a woman gets pissed off, it's because it's a natural reaction to something troublesome going on in her life right now, and she wouldn't have acted this way if it wasn't going on. In other words, it's like our emotions have no connection to the situation at hand, it's always to do with "women's issues" - no further explanation needed. Certain reactions can be explained by personal issues but I think it's wrong to always jump to that conclusion automatically, especially when we do it almost exclusively for women.

Oh, I see what's happened here. You quoted me with a reply but then chickened out and edited it so that I wouldn't be alerted to you quoting me and thus, bashing me. Unfortunately, regardless of whether you edit out the quote later, the notification still gets sent to the recipient's inbox. So, nice try attempting to disguise your bashing of me, but it didn't work. This happened to me elsewhere on this forum, only with people talking about me without quoting or @'ing me, taking the chance that I wouldn't see it because I wouldn't be alerted to the thread. But I did see it and I let them have it. I have eyes everywhere. If you're going to bash me, do it behind closed doors, like a normal person.

I don't aim to make intelligent arguments to suggest I'm better than everyone. I just put my thoughts out there, I don't do it to be smart. We'll see how Adele does with the follow-up to the follow-up, for that is the true decider on whether she'll be here a long time. And I didn't say I didn't buy into the idea that Madonna's suffering from this custody battle, I'm saying that if she is, it's pretty weak to be affected since Rocco will be staying with her when he goes to school in NY, it's not like he'll be at his dad's permanently and seeing as he's 15, he's almost an adult, meaning that her getting restricted access to him was part and parcel of him growing up. You have kids knowing they're going to grow up and flee the nest, right? I'd understand her grief if he were 5, but he's 15. I mean, you can leave the house at 16 (at least where I'm from)! This is a non-issue, basically.

Oh look a news story about a man getting drunk because of a messy divorce, you know "family" issues. Yes, the media would report the same of Guy if he behaved weird or drunkenly on the set of a movie. 

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2015/09/blake-shelton-constantly-drunk-following-divorce-from-miranda-la/

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

StrawberryBlond
Just now, just4fun said:

Oh look a news story about a man getting drunk because of a messy divorce, you know "family" issues. Yes, the media would report the same of Guy if he behaved weird or drunkenly on the set of a movie. 

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2015/09/blake-shelton-constantly-drunk-following-divorce-from-miranda-la/

A divorce isn't seen as just a women's issue, it's a joint issue. Men have just as much pride over their marriage as women do, albeit in different ways. It's an issue where it takes two to tango. But when it comes to children, even though making them involved the man, they're seen as strictly a women's issue. Even politicians refer to everything to do with childcare and child welfare as "women's issues" as opposed to "parents issues." Parenting groups are aimed solely at women with dads only encouraged to go to weekend sessions. Women are expected to do the majority of childcare and take time off work to look after children. Some women get fired when they get pregnant as their employers think they'll want to quit anyway because they'll get besotted with the baby. Men are hardly ever granted paternity leave and only get limited time when they do. Most women win custody of their children, even if they have previous criminal convictions or drink/drug problems. Most women get reduced prison sentences if they have children.

No matter what way you spin it, there's no doubt that worrying about children is seen as solely a women's issue. We're taught to believe that a man simply doesn't bother about his children much and that their lives just don't affect him.

LORD GAGA
5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

A divorce isn't seen as just a women's issue, it's a joint issue. Men have just as much pride over their marriage as women do, albeit in different ways. It's an issue where it takes two to tango. But when it comes to children, even though making them involved the man, they're seen as strictly a women's issue. Even politicians refer to everything to do with childcare and child welfare as "women's issues" as opposed to "parents issues." Parenting groups are aimed solely at women with dads only encouraged to go to weekend sessions. Women are expected to do the majority of childcare and take time off work to look after children. Some women get fired when they get pregnant as their employers think they'll want to quit anyway because they'll get besotted with the baby. Men are hardly ever granted paternity leave and only get limited time when they do. Most women win custody of their children, even if they have previous criminal convictions or drink/drug problems. Most women get reduced prison sentences if they have children.

No matter what way you spin it, there's no doubt that worrying about children is seen as solely a women's issue. We're taught to believe that a man simply doesn't bother about his children much and that their lives just don't affect him.

You seem to write extensive paragraphs on your own opinion disguised as facts, i don't say this to sound mean, its just an observation. It is ludicrous to say 'worrying about children' is solely a woman issue, it is completely dependant on the matter at hand and who is involved, it is not based of what gender you are.

StrawberryBlond
Just now, LORD GAGA said:

You seem to write extensive paragraphs on your own opinion disguised as facts, i don't say this to sound mean, its just an observation. It is ludicrous to say 'worrying about children' is solely a woman issue, it is completely dependant on the matter at hand and who is involved, it is not based of what gender you are.

You seem to have got the wrong end of the stick. I'm not saying I believe in this mindset, I don't. I'm saying that it's the mindset a lot of people fall into, sometimes without even realising. You might be completely genuine, but it sometimes seems like some people deliberately misinterpret my obvious beliefs as something completely different to turn it against me and fit their agenda.

As a woman, I'm sick of seeing all issues about children lumbered solely on women. Plenty of men love and care about their children and want to be involved in their lives. So, why do we constantly just think a woman suffers when there's an issue with her child or think if she's acting out of sorts, it must be a reaction to worrying about something involving her child when we don't do the same of men? And by the way, I know the difference between my opinion and facts. Everything I stated about what women go through above are researched facts.

Archived