'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
rumor

Dave Russell NOT Mixing LG5

Featured Posts

andy232000
1 minute ago, ROARyals said:

With expensive headphones they are

i dont have expensive headphones so AP never sounded that bad to me. except the verses in Sexxx Dreams, that was a mess even without earphones. 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born Brave
25 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

are these errors even noticable without putting them in audaity? 

Yeah it's pretty noticeable at high volumes.. even with Apple Earpods. Mastering and Sound Quality is so important that they give an award for it at the Grammys every year, and I don't think it's a coincidence that the last two Album of The Year winners also won the award for Best Engineered Album also. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Engineered_Album,_Non-Classical

Listen to Beck's 'Morning Phase'. Don't pay attention to the content of the lyrics- solely listen to the dept of the music and how full it sounds. That's genuine quality and supreme mastering. If Gaga were a basic, auto-tuned, talentless puppet like MOST of her contemporary pop star colleagues I could understand about not being that upset about this but in my opinion it's unacceptable for an artist of her talent and caliber to be putting out such awfully mastered material. The horrible thing about it is that she spent so much time talking about how they made sure it would sound good on any speaker and then contradicted herself by saying "Buy headphones"- that gave me such hope for the audio quality and then she goes on this spill about how she wanted to re-record the vocals with her vocal coach because "its forever". It's funny she said "buy headphones" because the shortcomings really are audible on those especially. 

Born Brave
38 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

i dont have expensive headphones so AP never sounded that bad to me. except the verses in Sexxx Dreams, that was a mess even without earphones. 

Isn't that frustrating? Like we wait 2 years for an album each cycle and then we get something as shitty as that garbage? That's why I get so upset when people say "Gaga needs to hurry up" and stuff like that. 

andy232000
18 minutes ago, Justinn said:

Isn't that frustrating? Like we wait 2 years for an album each cycle and then we get something as shitty as that garbage? That's why I get so upset when people say "Gaga needs to hurry up" and stuff like that. 

AP is not garbage, you need to understand that not everyone, and mostly the majority of us aren´t audio and sound geeks. yes AP may have it flaws, but the music was great, and calling it garbage out of something people will hardly notice is a bit extreme. it feels like TIDALS "losseless files" all over again!

on another note it might be just my taste cause i enjoy ARTPOP´s huge overwhelming beats and loud sound. it makes me feel like im at a party full of lights and colors. nowadays i end up using audacity to increase and amplify the sound and volume of some songs cause they dont turn me on like ARTPOP does. but it also depends on the day, sometimes i hear things louder than others.

Born Brave
10 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

AP is not garbage, you need to understand that not everyone, and mostly the majority of us aren´t audio and sound geeks. yes AP may have it flaws, but the music was great, and calling it garbage out of something people will hardly notice is a bit extreme. it feels like TIDALS "losseless files" all over again!

on another note it might be just my taste cause i enjoy ARTPOP´s huge overwhelming beats and loud sound. it makes me feel like im at a party full of lights and colors. nowadays i end up using audacity to increase and amplify the sound and volume of some songs cause they dont turn me on like ARTPOP does. but it also depends on the day, sometimes i hear things louder than others.

One man's trash is another person's treasure. But honestly, the mastering of ARTPOP would make anyone with an appreciation of quality music cringe. I don't defend a faulty production / mastery job just because it was released by my favorite artist. It's pure embarrassment. 

I have a high appreciate of music. The process of making it, I listen to the production and sound detail just as much or more than I actually listen to the lyrics. That's what got me hooked on Gaga in the first place, it wasn't her attitude or her clothes it was how sonically pure The Fame was and how it was leaps and bounds better than any pop record I had ever heard before by an artist from the digital age. Born This Way was a mess, ARTPOP was worse. I just hope since she's working with RedOne again he can right the ship because DJWS was really a poor producer for commercial quality- his mixtape and underground trap production just wasn't worthy of Gaga material. 

Even critics realized how bad it was... 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11/11/ARTPOP-review-lady-gaga-s-album-wants-to-be-everything-but-is-nothing-at-all.html

andy232000
7 minutes ago, Justinn said:

One man's trash is another person's treasure. But honestly, the mastering of ARTPOP would make anyone with an appreciation of quality music cringe. I don't defend a faulty production / mastery job just because it was released by my favorite artist. It's pure embarrassment. 

I have a high appreciate of music. The process of making it, I listen to the production and sound detail just as much or more than I actually listen to the lyrics. That's what got me hooked on Gaga in the first place, it wasn't her attitude or her clothes it was how sonically pure The Fame was and how it was leaps and bounds better than any pop record I had ever heard before by an artist from the digital age. Born This Way was a mess, ARTPOP was worse. I just hope since she's working with RedOne again he can right the ship because DJWS was really a poor producer for commercial quality- his mixtape and underground trap production just wasn't worthy of Gaga material. 

Even critics realized how bad it was... 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11/11/ARTPOP-review-lady-gaga-s-album-wants-to-be-everything-but-is-nothing-at-all.html

i agree, the mastering was awful, but don´t dismiss the entire hard effort she put into it out of the work of SOMEONE ELSE. its not like she sat down and mixed the whole thing. the mixing was bad, but the rest segments of the music were great. your tone sounded a bit harsh, thats why i called you out. im not trying to start a fight or anything. i hope LG5 is more like TFM, it was clearer but still loud. TF is too clear for me. but this guy was the main mixer for ARTPOP so i dont know what to expect. im sure the music will be great either way.  

Born Brave
2 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

i agree, the mastering was awful, but don´t dismiss the entire hard effort she put into it out of the work of SOMEONE ELSE. its not like she sat down and mixed the whole thing. the mixing was bad, but the rest segments of the music were great. your tone sounded a bit harsh, thats why i called you out. im not trying to start a fight or anything. i hope LG5 is more like TFM, it was clearer but still loud. TF is too clear for me. but this guy was the main mixer for ARTPOP so i dont know what to expect. im sure the music will be great either way.  

:) 

KURUSHITOVSKA
3 hours ago, Justinn said:

This is my biggest problem with it.......... Look at the red circles. Basically there is no breathing room or dynamic range so this is why to some the song sounds like it was recorded from phone speakers and sounds so flat with no dynamics. This is really embarrassing.

Yxi5dRQ.jpg

Note: We are looking at MANiCURE by the way, like the worst product on the album. 

Edit: Hang on I'll include a track from 1989 for comparison. 

Below is Style off of 1989. I know they are different songs but look at the pink boxes. See the white specs at the top of the chart and the bottom? That's the existence of dynamics and makes it sound more open and natural and not cluttered or "overproduced".

ffxefXJ.png

The mastered for iTunes version sounds quietly better than the CD to me...

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

andy232000
Just now, Justinn said:

:) 

i hope thats a real smiley face and not the "oh **** this guy made ARTPOP" hahaha. i really hope RedOne twists Gaga a bit too tbh. 

Born Brave
5 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

i hope thats a real smiley face and not the "oh **** this guy made ARTPOP" hahaha. i really hope RedOne twists Gaga a bit too tbh. 

It's the, im glad we can have a creative discussion smiley. And I am worried that Davey will mess this one up.. but he did work with Gaga prior to BTW and AP and nothing sounded horrible before then.. im starting to blame DJWS in my mind for his piss-poor production (Minus DWUW) Even Born This Way (single) was a trainwreck sonically. 

andy232000
4 minutes ago, Justinn said:

It's the, im glad we can have a creative discussion smiley. And I am worried that Davey will mess this one up.. but he did work with Gaga prior to BTW and AP and nothing sounded horrible before then.. im starting to blame DJWS in my mind for his piss-poor production (Minus DWUW) Even Born This Way (single) was a trainwreck sonically. 

you know what i think it was? 1. that her lable didnt give her enough time. remember she said she worked on Sexxx Dreams until the day before the deadline, she probably had to send more than just a couple of tracks without herself being 100% happy of the results. and 2. the integration of that "sound effect" that allows deaf people hear the music may have ****ed over more than just a couple of songs as well. and yes, DJWS isnt the best out there. he does have some great tracks but her best ones are with other producers. im ok if he produces 2 or 3 tracks, but not 12 this time around. as far as we know, gaga has not approached him for LG5 (thank god RedOne is here to replace him)

Maybe Gaga didn't allow DJWS to work on LG5 because she knows that MOST of us DOES NOT want him? What do you think?

If I like it, then that's what I get!

8 minutes ago, Gangie said:

Maybe Gaga didn't allow DJWS to work on LG5 because she knows that MOST of us DOES NOT want him? What do you think?

Even though she most likely takes our opinion into consideration, when it comes to making music she does what she thinks is the best for the music.

COME ON GAYS!!

HauntingHollow

Sexxx Dreams is not listenable for cuz of how flat and grainy it sound, i hope the guy that worked on it is not working on LG5. I mean Sexxx Dreams could be my favorite of the album if it did not sound like crap :neyde:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

5 hours ago, adammonroe said:

I don't think it's safe for Gaga to release something on February. Adele and Justin are still set to release more singles, and let's not forget that Valentines Day is coming and Bieber is probably going to release a love song which will stuck in #1 for at least two weeks. :green: I think Gaga should wait till March for a single release and album in April (since that's how marketing works now) in ordee to have ha 1989 era.

Marketing doesn't work like that lol

Avoiding everything will only waste the time, it will not make her the best or the most popular. If she can't make the song successful with the hype from Golden Globes, performance at the Grammys (and being the face of its campaign) and Oscars (and a win possibly) then she will not make it anyway

Look at Rihanna, the one trying to avoid everything, even her own unprofessionalism, it doesn't look like she's in a good place

• AyaKara locked this topic

Archived