128 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gaga collab with Kesha?

• Yas
    • Nope
    • #BuyWarriorOniTunes

Featured Posts

elijahfan

Gaga isn't a social service worker.

Oops, that sounded worse than what I first intended. I think Kesha must come back into the limelight by herself tbh.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

Yes but not on LG5. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Swan Heart

I would take Kesha over any other pop girl, for sure. Her talent is underrated..

I can imagine them doing something really badass an punkish.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

VenusBlackStar

It would honestly be a dream come true. But I feel like the way they've both developed stylistically now it could be difficult to have them mesh together. But back in 2010 it would have been LEGENDARY.

Bradley

I actually like Kesha's music, she has some great bops, but a big no,

1. Kesha's stage presence isn't as strong as Katy Perry's, Britney Spears's, Rihanna's, Beyonce, etc. I don't think she has the mega star presence to be on stage with Lady Gaga.

2. Kesha's live vocals are mediocre. I don't see how she can match Gaga at all when they both sing live together.

3. While Kesha writes good bops, I think her music lacks uniqueness. I mean ask any pop music fan what they think Kesha usually writes about, I'm sure 'partying' will be the primary answer. And I find that generic and boring. I ADORE her tunes though, but sadly I have to give a huge part of this credit to Dr. Luke.

also her videos, her performance tactics, they just don't seem like they're coming from a big star... :noparty: I'd rather Gaga sing with Britney honestly, the only weakness Britney has is lip-syncing, otherwise she's a better collaboration candidate in every way.

ToxicHot

Maybe if this was 2010 

anigif_enhanced-24336-1414009892-16.gif

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

nativenewyorker

I feel like they have similar experiences, as females in the industry who struggled to get creative control from their labels.   

I'd be interested in a powerful song about sticking to your guns and not backing down. They are both big advocates of self-expression and want to liberate their fans to let them be themselves without feeling bad about it. Teaming up as two females mistreated by the industry who came out on top would be a good way to tell their stories and show that succeeding without selling out is possible. (That is, as soon as Kesha is freed from her contract and finds success with new music she believes in.)

It may seem random but both are major fans of Radiohead and rock music in general, so that means there's many possibilities to explore genre-wise, instead of doing a dancey electro pop song that would be expected from them. They could go for experimental alt rock or something glam rock inspired or a brash rock 'n' roll anthem. Even a stripped down power ballad. They could pull off a lot sonically. :flutter:

Either way, I'd totally be here for a duet that would showcase their talents as songwriters and vocalists. Kesha was written off as a talentless manufactured puppet in the same way Gaga was when she debuted. Only now people are beginning to realize the truth about Gaga's talent, and I wanna see the same happen for Kesha. :giveup:

I enjoy Ke$ha and respect her songwriting abilities, but I don't know that they'd be a great blend, vocally. IMO Gaga needs powerful singers like Beyoncé and Christina Aguilera to match her talents.

Archived