💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Pop music boring right now?

Creyk

Featured Posts

Quartz
11 hours ago, Creyk said:

Taylor is great. But COME. ON. She did not do any promo for 3 out of her 5 singles. Of course good for her because she did well on the charts anyway. And she really wanted to go on tour.

She did make the reveal of the bad blood video a real moment, that's true, but I just wish she also went to Tv Shows and promoted her music there. Maybe now that her tour is over she will push Out of the woods, it would be so nice.

Actually, even with Taylor in 2015 music, the year was still bland because there was no competition. I remember the messes back then when we were all watching who would be number one in BB 100 because of our faves but this year, I just did not care at all. Not after Fetty Wap and Cheerleader hitting numer one like seriously :laughga:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the Taylor Domination, yes.

My fave Taylor dominated, no competition, at all.

My fave Adele dominated, no competition, at all. Like literally no one.

TerrenceV2

Actually I'm super excited about Justin Bieber, I never liked him and now I'm devouring his new album

playground love - josef salvat

Lord Temptation

Pop music today needs Gaga like it's never needed it before. Well at least since 2008. Sometime late in 2013 pop music kind of died. Music today feels directionless. I can't say I know what to expect from Gaga next year. All I know is that with RedOne, Mark Ronson and Nile Rodgers on board, it's going to be one hell of a funked up ride.

Stephen

I think the BBHMM video was a pretty great moment for pop culture this years. And even though I didn't care for it, Bad Blood was kinda big. The Weeknd broke through the mainstream this year, Justin Bieber & Adele returned. And yea Gaga at the Oscars + in AHS. Not amazing but not the worst year. 

VenusBlackStar

I don't know about y'all but I'm loving the current production trend of using a lot of 90s Deep House-feeling things and moody, more subdued synths and things related to that. The Original High and Caracal are two albums killing me with their production at the moment. And whatever name one would give to whatever hip hop is doing...I like that too.

SLAYing

THIS is the perfect time for GAGA to unleash her new music and literally SLAY the world .. She'll absolutely kill it with all the momentum she's building with her pure talent and intelligent, strategic  PR ...   

Instagram : saurabh_slays

TimisaMonster

Music on radio has been CRAAAP!!!

It's boring, lack luster, repetitive, and hasn't been great for a few years now...

2008-2011 was the time for great pop music...everyone was putting out great singles but also great albums...

Idk what they've been putting on radio for the past few years and passing it as "pop music" but it's trash imo...Gaga really brings a much needed energy boost and life bqck to pop music that's fun but also meaningful and artistic. 

2016 will be a great year for the resurrection of pop music...

PHOENIX...get ready for PHOENIX...2016

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Dorothy Gale
Just now, Satyromaniac said:

Adele's album just came out and you're already saying this? :rip:

Her album was pretty average. Nothing too special tbh.

AlexanderLevi2

I was riding around with my friend tonight and she literally said "Singers need to come out with new songs cause I'm getting so sick of these ones."

The GP is ready.

Currently listening to Joanne

Lord Temptation
4 minutes ago, Mark said:

When did BTW era end? :derpga:

Depending on how you see it, it was either the end of 2012 or the start of 2013. Gaga had to cancel the rest of her BTW Ball in Feb 2013 because of her injury earlier in the year. 

Archived