Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

Gaga's Tussauds wax figure gets a Christmas make-over in Amsterdam

Greg

Featured Posts

Gaga's wax figure in Amsterdam has been updated for Christmas at Madame Tussauds. It is now styled after the look Gaga had after the 2013 Jingle Bell Ball in London where she had the Christmas Tree headpiece. The figure stands next to Santa, so visitors can get a photo with both Gaga and Santa at the same time!

lD7DRxY.jpg

It's not the best Tussauds figure in the world, but it's far better than any of the tragic ones that have been popping up recently :toofunny: The figure will be restyled once again after the Christmas period is over. 

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

It's not the best Tussauds figure in the world, but it's far better than any of the tragic ones that have been popping up recently :toofunny: 

What do you mean? 3zbHwoE.png

That look was an instant throwback to february 2010 and I loved it for that. Still love how kitsch the hat is while the dress is so fashionable. Pure Gaga.

I still don't understand how none of her wax renditions can get Gaga's face right? It's like her face shape is too complicated for sculptors. Not even Koons could get an accurate version, neither the Gaga dolls from Japan (without glasses and bangs).

RAMROD

One thing is missing, that ratty äss paparazzi's Nike sneaker. :laughga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Sizzily

Why do people make sculptures of other people using wax. Its bizarre. it looks good and all but I'll never get it.

One Banned Boi

4 minutes ago, Princess Leia said:

Why do people make sculptures of other people using wax. Its bizarre. it looks good and all but I'll never get it.

Why did the ancient Greeks and Romans make sculptures of other people using marble? Why did the ancient Egyptians make limestone sculptures of other people? Why did the Chinese make sculptures of other people out of Terracotta? 

It's art I suppose. Recording the fashion, attitudes and culture of the time by immortalising culturally important figures.

arthurhmangum

This one actually looks good compared to the two other travesties. :derpga:

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

Dangerous Man

The first time since forever that i love a gags wax figure. The recent ones were tragic. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

54 minutes ago, Greg said:

Gaga's wax figure in Amsterdam has been updated for Christmas at Madame Tussauds. It is now styled after the look Gaga had after the 2013 Jingle Bell Ball in London where she had the Christmas Tree headpiece. The figure stands next to Santa, so visitors can get a photo with both Gaga and Santa at the same time!

lD7DRxY.jpg

It's not the best Tussauds figure in the world, but it's far better than any of the tragic ones that have been popping up recently :toofunny: The figure will be restyled once again after the Christmas period is over. 

I love that they Still use the Iconic Fame Ga pose for all her figures! <3 I used to obsessed about seeing her figure when there's no MT where I live but they opened one here since december 2014 and I still haven't been there yet. :laughga: Too Broke for Tickets #Flop

Chaymie

Sizzily
37 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Why did the ancient Greeks and Romans make sculptures of other people using marble? Why did the ancient Egyptians make limestone sculptures of other people? Why did the Chinese make sculptures of other people out of Terracotta? 

It's art I suppose. Recording the fashion, attitudes and culture of the time by immortalising culturally important figures.

Could you imagine a sculpture of Gaga made out of marble? :flutter:

But I'm not saying its not art. And I'm not saying that it didn't take effort.  I'm just saying that I personally think that's strange. To me, its like calling Yoko Ono's screaming fits art. Its not for everyone.

One Banned Boi

Archived