other

Halsey Copied Lana?

Dangerous Man

Featured Posts

jojo Freud

OMFG the Willam comparison got me 

It kind of concerns me that someone found the time time to do this

UmbriaWitch

I've heard more about this Halsey girl from Lana fans(on various pop forums) than from actual Halsey fans, wherever they may be hiding, all 5 of them. The obsession is weird.

nativenewyorker

Halsey definitely took one too many notes from Lana for her sound and lyrics. But this video is so messy like the Willam comparison. And they think "We know very well who we are" comes from Tamar lol. It's from Biggie's song "Juicy." 

But I agree with the Lana accusations, it's annoying to see Halsey trying to pull it off. 

She really only copied her song National Anthem with New Americana. But she also said that she is a huge Lana fan so it's understandable she was inspired.

Tropico

Omg this comparison needs to DIE. Halsey is a Lana fan and maybe some aspects of her career are Lana inspired but Halsey wouldn't be the first early 20's girl to love Lana's persona. 

Their music is SO different from each other. Lana could never make a song like Roman Holiday and Halsey could never make a song like Money Power Glory. They're too different musically.

Honestly, Lana fans have no reason to hate on her. Lots of artist have been inspired by Lana but Halsey definitely isn't anything like Lana musically and their personalities are very different. I mean at least other Stan ears are based off something like Mariah vs Ariana or Gaga vs Madonna

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

If she's inspired I don't understand the problem, BADLANDS is a great album that I can listen to every song in which is rare. People need to leave her alone and let her do her thing 

I don't think she "copies" to a level that is truly offensive or embarrassing. 

For one, the girl is only 21 years old and recently famous. She's also diagnosed with bipolar disorder (hooray Wikipedia!).
But most importantly, she initially got her "fame" on a One Direction Tumblr singing covers. So why are people surprised that a girl known for singing covers has music that sounds like some of her faves? She's literally a famous Tumblr girl who has musical talent that was picked up by a record label. 
It should come as no surprise that comparisons can be drawn between her and other artists.

Also note that while there are similarities, when you have to make a huge list of other artists someone has pulled from, and each thing is some little snippet, it's reaching. It's like saying "Omg she copied that outfit! She got the hairstyle from Kelly, I saw Gaga wearing that shirt, Lana has pants like that, and those shoes look a lot like Kerli's platforms!" 

Evan Peters

think ya'll should worry more about her gross, obnoxious victim complex 

emma roberts is an abuser

Archived