Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would Iggy Azalea be taken more seriously if she was black?

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

ARTPOPdidntflop
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

Oh, yeah, and let's not forget her Anaconda video, with a jungle setting, bananas and black women in their most stereotypical roles!

WHATTTTTT 

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
imwoahvicky
23 minutes ago, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

Yes it's her

It's her attempt at a pop career before T.I created her rap persona :toofunny:

Also note the similarities between this and "Womanizer" by Brit brit :toofunny: 

"IGGY CAME TO AMERICA TO RAP" "TRUE RAPPER" "RAPPIN IS HER PASSION" 

Thank god she stopped this mess of a pop career she was going to be..

She's much better as a rapper imo

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

gagzus

as a rapper by the black community- yes

as a popstar rapper ala necki- no, unless she was as generically pretty (and silicone inflated) as Necki 

imwoahvicky
5 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

What happened to her that she's being so hated?

One reason is when on Tumblr apparently for her wedding as a bridesmaid she wanted Demi or something (which is here) 

She got a lot of backlash from this because in the gifs on Tumblr when she was speaking, she was laughing about Demi being fat or something?? But I watched the REAL video and she did no such thing. 

Since most of Tumblr is follow the crowd type of people, they believed she said it and it got around really fast that Iggy was a horrible person..

But this isn't the only reason..

From her tweets and what she said people think she's a racist b**** and also many think her rapping sucks and she tries to 'act black'.

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Paper Gangsta
On 20.11.2015. 10:58:40, Tropico said:

Nicki is far superior and has put in lots of work to make it to the top. She realized her gender already put her in a tough position in the rap industry but she never cried about it. What did she do?

pls lets not. Nicki's career revolves around crying. She blamed her gender and race numerous times. Also when TPP had underwhelming debut sales she went on rant how people these days care only about charts and success, and few weeks later hey mama started slaying on the radio and she started posting daily updates from kworb on her instagram. Hypocrite ? She can only take positive side from things that happen. So if she is being sucessfull she will brag about charts but when she's not she will attack people for the same thing. And lets not forget that feud with her own fans and deactivating her twitter. So pls lets not pretend she is genuie and hardworking angel

Paper Gangsta
1 hour ago, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

Yes it's her

It's her attempt at a pop career before T.I created her rap persona :toofunny:

Also note the similarities between this and "Womanizer" by Brit brit :toofunny: 

"IGGY CAME TO AMERICA TO RAP" "TRUE RAPPER" "RAPPIN IS HER PASSION" 

She released her first mixtape before that song. Probably some label wanted to see if she could do pop aswell so she tried with that video that wasn't ever released formally so idg your point 

StrawberryBlond
Just now, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

WHATTTTTT 

Are you not aware of those racist connotations? I thought you were meant to be clued up on racial stereotypes?

1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You haven't exactly made it clear that there's nothing wrong with liking her. You've been calling me uneducated and top 40 focused every time I've tried to explain anything about her skills and basically saying that I don't have a clue if I find her talented. Sure sounds like you're saying that there's something wrong with liking her. I'm not pretending that she's something she isn't - I know she isn't the best rapper or lyricist or freestyler. I've never said she was. Her raps may be mainstream focused but that doesn't make them not rap.

Vapid and uneduated - the list of accusations you make of me get more absurd every day. It's amusing how I've been called something different and ludicrous every day by you, something no one has ever called me in reality or online. Are heading for some sort of record? And yet you insist you're not a bully and I'm just insistent on making you look bad? You're doing a fine job of that yourself. You're bullying someone for not having the same musical taste as you. And I'm the one who's supposed to grow up?

Lauryn Hill was never just rap, her album was a mixture of other styles too so she's allowed to sing. I've listened to all of Missy's albums and can't recall her singing, unless you're maybe talking about any features she's done, in which case, that's a bit more acceptable. How am I uneducated about rap because I think rappers should rap, as their profession entails? And Nicki has labelled all her music as rap, even when it wasn't. I wouldn't even call any of her pop stuff rap, even though she raps in it, it's just too far removed. Yet the 50/50 rap/pop RR album got nominated in rap categories left and right. Iggy has never been as pop as that. Even her beats aren't all that pop. Trouble is a soul-based beat, Fancy just has a "girly" rap beat and Black Widow has a dark trap beat.

Yes, Iggy tried to do pop once. It wasn't a success and she found a love for rap. What a crime! Civilians change their professions all the time - are they fake? You can find love for any kind of music later on in life and change your sound. If she abandons rap completely real soon and goes back to pure pop, then I'll call her fake but she's stayed with rap for now, so I don't see what the issue is.

Literally how many times do I have to say that bolded isn' the case? You literally addressed me saying it's fine to like Iggy in the same post. Absolutely moronic behaviour.

Sooooo you think that artists should stay in one lane and never budge?

You obviously haven't listened hard enough. Uneducated.

Iggy is the definition of a puppet. I've literally seen interviews of her with T.I. by her side where he outright says he "knows what sells" in reference to having a hot white blonde female rapping :rip: You're just naive and it's sad that you think you know more than you do when it comes to music, because you clearly have a lot to learn. Best of luck with that.

And look how you so masterfully skipped over the most obvious exmaple of racism from Nicki when she said "I'm a racist, I'm a bigot."

You're being serious here? You really think she would outright say something like that on a song if she was a racist? :lmao: That song is clearly from the perspective of her alter-ego Roman, inspired by Eminem's (who you've been praising) alter-ego Slim Shady who says all manner of disgusting things that you aren't bringing up. You will stoop to any level to try and make yourself seem clever. Either that or you are, as I've suggested, extremely uneducated and just post nonsense without checking up on your facts.

Yes, Iggy tried to do pop once. It wasn't a success and she found a love for rap. What a crime! Civilians change their professions all the time - are they fake? You can find love for any kind of music later on in life and change your sound. If she abandons rap completely real soon and goes back to pure pop, then I'll call her fake but she's stayed with rap for now, so I don't see what the issue is.

Hang on, I just realised you said this in the same post that you tried to drag Nicki for trying her hand at a few pop songs.

"You can find love for any kind of music later on in life and change your sound."

"If she abandons rap completely real soon and goes back to pure pop, then I'll call her fake but she's stayed with rap for now, so I don't see what the issue is."

You said it best hunty LOL

The great StrawberryBlond dictating what each and every woman should do instead of having the freedom to make their own choices... I'm shocked!

8 hours ago, Harry said:

I can't believe what I'm reading. You really can't be this dumb. You think singing is selling out? Let me not... You think Lauryn Hill and Missy are sell out rappers too because they've sung? You continue to demonstrate your complete lack of knowledge about rap and the genre's credibility. Truly humiliating. Nicki made some unapologetically pop smashes, no one is denying that. But she never pretended it was straight-up rap. But Iggy's music has clearly been made for pop radio, even if she is rapping. Trouble, Fancy, Black Widow (LITERALLY co-written by Katy Perry for goodness sake) are all pop-rap.

But if you really want to have this conversation about "selling out" and singing etc, lets do this, shall we?

Her rap roots are so clear in this early video! Very genuine and authentic talent. Her rap interests have always been so clear!

Stop embarrassing yourself.

embarrassing :rip:  

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Hang on, I just realised you said this in the same post that you tried to drag Nicki for trying her hand at a few pop songs.

"You can find love for any kind of music later on in life and change your sound."

"If she abandons rap completely real soon and goes back to pure pop, then I'll call her fake but she's stayed with rap for now, so I don't see what the issue is."

You said it best hunty LOL

The great StrawberryBlond dictating what each and every woman should do instead of having the freedom to make their own choices... I'm shocked!

IBHVMzb.gif

looks like im not needed on this site anymore 

Rat Boy

Omg can't believe some of the responses that I am reading in this thread...

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

SlayedForTheGod

If she was black? Are you kidding? Do you know how many black female rappers are out here trying to catch a break? Nicki got extremely lucky. Being the first successful female MC since the golden age of Missy,Kim and Lauren Hill. I could list so many black female Mcs that you probably havent heard of that are ten times more talented then iggy. the ONLY reason iggy got big was because she was WHITE. she had the interesting combination of this australian white girl image contrasted with her phony southern accent. and do not use the excuse of being here since she was 16 cause she was in MIAMI. and that aint a miami accent. at the end of the day the criticism comes from the fact that its somewhat evident her entire career is a sham. so yeah if SHE wants to be taken seriously then she does have to prove herself because there are hundreds of black girls with the same amount of talent or more trying to get the attention she has. i would be pissed too if the only reason she got picked was cause of her skin color and nationality. 

Archived