Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think LG5's best single should be the lead or the second?

Warholian

Featured Posts

Warholian

Should it go the route of ARTPOP, TFM, and Born This Way, selecting the obviously most likely to be successful single as the lead, then releasing the lesser singles afterwards, or should they do it differently? Think Blank Space coming after Shake it Off, Poker Face coming after Just Dance, or even Thriller coming as the last single off of Thriller

Personally, I think having a strong lead, then a far more popular second single is the way to go. I still think that Swift's team were geniuses in releasing Blank Space as the second single even though it would be easy to tell that it's the best. 

THOTS.?. EKSPRESS YOURSELFVES

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gaga is 100% free now to make her best, I think we can have 4 "best singles" or even more

1y5g5K6.jpg

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

JustPokeHerFace

I agree. Release the 2nd best single first, the best second, and then go in descending order from there.

Warholian

If Gaga is 100% free now to make her best, I think we can have 4 "best singles" or even more

1y5g5K6.jpg

10? 15? 120?

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Kermit

I don't want a best single/song on LG5, I want all of them to be best and she should choose the singles herself/or bobby.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Bloody

I don't know,  I just want her to release a ballad as single for 1 time and have more singles with music videos whether they are successful or not. :shrug:

homomo

Single #1: Happy, fun and relateable. To bring in a good audience (Just Dance, Shake it Off, Born This Way, Roar)

Single #2: Complete opposite of single number one. Want a good contrast (Do What U Want, Dark Horse, Black Space)

Single #3: A mix of the first two. Fun, yet has dark undertones (LoveGame, Style, E.T)

Single #4: Something uplifting and empowering, or emotional (The Edge of Glory, Gypsy, Wildest Dreams, The One That Got Away)

Arizona Sky

The 1st single needs to be best. She needs something like Bad Romance which captures the GP and makes them fall in love with her again. For the 2nd single maybe release a collaboration like Telephone/DWUW. Then for the 3rd single release something more mature like TEOG.

Anderson123

Sometimes they don't plan on which single is "more successful" than the other one. These things can happen very random. Maybe they thought Applause was successful and wanted to save Do What U Want for a 2nd or 3rd release because I think that song is the best one on the album.

TF/TFM had the obvious choices of lead singles. Just Dance because it was the catchy record back then, I don't think they saved Poker Face on purpose as the second single because that was going to be more successful. They released Poker Face after Just Dance's success and it became a phenomenon.

Bad Romance, well, duh. That really was just Gaga at her peak, but it was the best choice.

As for Born This Way. So many songs had the potential to be released as singles. They could've chosen Marry The Night and run the risk of it exploding after TFM peak and then release BTW because of the message and take advantage of that success. I THINK any GOOD song from Born This Way released as the lead single would've been a massive success, because it was her official second album release and one of the most anticipated albums of the year. Yes, maybe not any song would've been that successful, but perhaps The Edge of Glory would've made a big impact as the lead one, or Scheiße.

I honestly don't want Gaga's next album to be seen as that. I don't want them to say "This is the best choice, then this the second, the rest are non-single material". I just want Gaga to pour her soul into her music and deliver an album that has an impact on her listeners like it did with Born This Way (album) for me. From start to finish, it's just my perfect Gaga album.

PrinceGaga

I think Gaga's team won't be able to tell which one is the best song. 

Maybe she should host a listening party, a la Taylor Swift™, and let the Little Managers decide :derpga: 

Unless of course Gaga gets in trouble for copying the idea :derpga: 

Warholian

Maybe she should host a listening party, a la Taylor Swift™, and let the Little Managers decide :derpga: 

Unless of course Gaga gets in trouble for copying the idea :derpga: 

Didn't she say she was going to do that with ARTPOP's second single? :saladga:

Archived